Eligibility issue to keep Gophers QB ...

Eligibility issue to keep Gophers QB Gray off field

There are 2 comments on the ESPNU story from Sep 1, 2008, titled Eligibility issue to keep Gophers QB Gray off field. In it, ESPNU reports that:

Highly touted Minnesota freshman quarterback MarQueis Gray will not play with the team this season because of an unspecified eligibility issue, the school announced Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPNU.

BD Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Sep 3, 2008
When you have a 1.5 GPA in High School what do you expect! He was known well for his athletic abilities, but his academics was not very good.
It is not fair to those that do well also in sports and do well in academics, not to be praised as much as he was at the sports events.
Ex BD Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Oct 9, 2008
I agree with BD Fan post. I watched him play several times during his high school years. He should not have been recruited as heavily as he was. A lot of that was high school coaching staff recruiting, not his own ability. It is quite easy to go to camps and perform well, however, his performance during regular season was not that impressive. Good luck to him though...hope he can pass his next ACT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

MarQueis Gray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota defeats UNLV 30-27 in 3 OT (Aug '12) Jan '13 Jen 2
News Minnesota's do-it-all threat MarQueis Gray seek... (Dec '12) Dec '12 MrnnGold 1
News Unlike the Minnesota Vikings, the Minnesota Gop... (Nov '12) Nov '12 DMAN 3
News Where have all the passing yards gone in Big Ten? (Sep '12) Sep '12 Matt from Columbus 1
News Hartman: After false hope, U must face reality (Sep '11) Sep '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Some Pac-12 teams facing big tests right away (Aug '11) Sep '11 Collegiate update 5
News Minnesota shocks 24th-ranked Iowa with late TD (Nov '10) Nov '10 rmoss81 1
More from around the web