Pick-6: Sizing up the last unbeatens

Pick-6: Sizing up the last unbeatens

There are 4 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 15, 2007, titled Pick-6: Sizing up the last unbeatens. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Bowl Championship Series utopia is for two teams, and only two teams, to stand alone at the season's end.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Mark

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 15, 2007
Michigan State stinks on offense? That's an odd opinion, since they're #1 in the Big Ten in yardage and scoring. Maybe "uniformed" is a more accurate description than "odd"...
Arizona State Engineer

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Oct 15, 2007
I have a masters degree from ASU in biomedical engineering. I am glad they are doing great. They almost won in 1997 when they had Pat Tillman. But they lost to Ohio State, so the championship went to the Gators instead. This year, they could make amends for that. I agree that the Oregon game is tough, but their two star players are injured and possibly out for the season. A better opponent might be the Arizona Wildcats. They always bring their best game against Arizona State even if they have spoiled the season before (i.e. 1987 ASU Rose Bowl team losing to U of A earlier in the year). I think USC is going downhill right now. California is still in the running for the Pac-10. I hope ASU prevails since my undergraduate school, Notre Dame, is just in a preseason for next year.
Dave

Belleville, MI

#3 Oct 15, 2007
The Orlando Sentinel and Dave Curtis must not proof their work. As another person commented, Michigan State's offense puts up the most points in the nation. Can I get a job as a copy editor or columnist at this newspaper? It doesn't seem like it takes too much work.
MJ Sparty

Dallas, TX

#4 Oct 15, 2007
Dave, Dave, Dave.....

Ohio State's next opponents do not have offenses that "stink".

On the contrary. Michigan State is averaging 42.3 points per game, 298.7 yards rushing per game and 235.7 passing yards per game.

Next time please check the readily available stats before you go to print

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marcus Herford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No More Mr. Mean Guy: The Days of Tough-Guy Coa... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Richard Mitchell 2
News Fire Mark Mangino the Monster (Nov '09) Nov '09 L Miller 1
News Herford Leads Jayhawks Selected To Preseason Fo... (Jun '08) Jun '08 Demetrice Clinkscale 1
News Jayhawk Football Players Landing On Preseason H... (Sep '07) Sep '07 Demetrice Clinkscale 1
News College buzz: KU's Herford wins Big 12 award (Sep '07) Sep '07 Demetrice Clinkscale 2
More from around the web