Report: Ex-Auburn players say they we...

Report: Ex-Auburn players say they were paid

There are 24 comments on the ABC 27 story from Mar 30, 2011, titled Report: Ex-Auburn players say they were paid. In it, ABC 27 reports that:

Auburn will investigate claims by four former football players, who have told HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" they received thousands of dollars while being recruited by or playing for the Tigers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC 27.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#22 Apr 4, 2011
themonsterlives wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL
IS BUSINESS !!!!
The NCAA will see the dollars someday and take over football post season just like Basketball.
and that is when it dies. just like college basketball, no one cares about the regular season. they should have a 4 game season and start the tourney

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#23 Apr 6, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text> and that is when it dies. just like college basketball, no one cares about the regular season. they should have a 4 game season and start the tourney
Maybe you dont care about the regular season but a lot of us do. That is why their are conferences where each game matters to help the winner automatically qualify for March madness. You could say nobody cares for just about any sport (pro and college) that has multiple games and will have lags in the season. That is why you see the standings change in the NBA and NHL middle of March to show the current playoff order instead of conference standings. But nothing can be as perfect as football where every game is so crucial. What a great sport!!!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#24 Apr 6, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you dont care about the regular season but a lot of us do. That is why their are conferences where each game matters to help the winner automatically qualify for March madness. You could say nobody cares for just about any sport (pro and college) that has multiple games and will have lags in the season. That is why you see the standings change in the NBA and NHL middle of March to show the current playoff order instead of conference standings. But nothing can be as perfect as football where every game is so crucial. What a great sport!!!
i DON'T BELIEVE IN A FOOTBALL TOURNEY, i WAS BEING AN ASS. The reason college is so great is that every game counts, in the NFL it doesn't, you don't care if you lose a couple because you are just worried about getting in the play offs.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#25 Apr 6, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
i DON'T BELIEVE IN A FOOTBALL TOURNEY, i WAS BEING AN ASS. The reason college is so great is that every game counts, in the NFL it doesn't, you don't care if you lose a couple because you are just worried about getting in the play offs.
BEING AN ASS IS WHAT YOU;RE GREAT @ DAN !!!! YOU'RE THE BEST

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lee Ziemba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Moron's Argument Concerning a 2010 Auburn Tig... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Jas 1
News Clemson's Da'Quan Bowers an All-American (Dec '10) Dec '10 clepsux hatter 1
News Cam Newton: All Around Leader (Oct '10) Nov '10 Jay 4
News Auburn's Offensive Line Improves Against South ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 txgal49 2
News Can Gene Chizik Lead The Auburn Tigers To Atlan... (Aug '10) Sep '10 AUguest 2
News Chizik Says Ziemba's Injury Is No't Serious (Sep '10) Sep '10 Eagle3 9
News Tuberville's status remains in limbo at Auburn ... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Orlando Tiger 2
More from around the web