Report: Ex-Auburn players say they we...

Report: Ex-Auburn players say they were paid

There are 24 comments on the ABC 27 story from Mar 30, 2011, titled Report: Ex-Auburn players say they were paid. In it, ABC 27 reports that:

Auburn will investigate claims by four former football players, who have told HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" they received thousands of dollars while being recruited by or playing for the Tigers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC 27.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Man In The Street

United States

#1 Mar 31, 2011
Here we go again. A big revenue football program given the benefit of the doubt and no tough questions while the infractions were happening. How is it that all the questions are now brought to light after the championship game? The NCAA can be tough on the little guys but it is a different game when big dollars are involved.

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#2 Mar 31, 2011
Again it shows that all schools are not above any moral law and that cvertainly goes for the SEC who thinks their shytt doesnt stink. I am glad to say the continental breeze goes from West to East otherwise their shytt would be stinking up the country

USC - WE ARE PAT HADEN SQUEAKY CLEAN, HOW ABOUT YOU?
themonsterlives

Dallas, TX

#3 Mar 31, 2011
USC-We are pat Haden squeaky clean

How long is USC on probation for
being squeaky clean?

BOOMER

San Marino, CA

#4 Mar 31, 2011
themonsterlives wrote:
USC-We are pat Haden squeaky clean
How long is USC on probation for
being squeaky clean?
BOOMER
For USC, its the dawning of a new era. It will take many mistakes by the pompous SEC to eventually figure that out

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#5 Mar 31, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>For USC, its the dawning of a new era. It will take many mistakes by the pompous SEC to eventually figure that out
So right Snookum's
I would never have gotten caught paying my boi's.
Oh wait I did.... erase, erase, erase.
hey I'm innocent, thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
Fight on... I pay better than anyone.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6 Mar 31, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
Again it shows that all schools are not above any moral law and that cvertainly goes for the SEC who thinks their shytt doesnt stink. I am glad to say the continental breeze goes from West to East otherwise their shytt would be stinking up the
USC - WE ARE PAT HADEN SQUEAKY CLEAN, HOW ABOUT YOU?
Me too Snookum's Squeaky clean.

Pats a bytch, she loves a stanley steamer or a blumpkin like you Snookum's

FIGHT ON FOR OL' South Central!!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#7 Mar 31, 2011
Their's nothing to this story, Auburn will be found clean. The SEC the cleanest conference in the country and the best.

San Marino, CA

#8 Apr 1, 2011
UGA 1 wrote:
The SEC the cleanest conference in the country and the best.
Hahahahahaha...please Dawg, my side hurts on that one...

“LSU, 2012 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPS!”

Since: Jun 10

Bama & USC r both going down!!

#9 Apr 2, 2011
That figures!!! I knew Cam was a $CAM!!! Cam will also have to give back his Heisman and Auburn will have to forfeit the 2010 BOGUS National Championship!!! YO!!!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#10 Apr 2, 2011
UGA 1 wrote:
Their's nothing to this story, Auburn will be found clean. The SEC the cleanest conference in the country and the best.
they are the best football conference but you know that they are dirty. The schools don't give the players money but they are paid by the boosters and the schools just keep their mouths shut. Mark Barron at Bama was arrested for covering up an investigation, he comes from a very poor family yet he has a Chrysler 300, how is he paying for that? Not all players are paid but it is way more common in the SEC than any other conference. The sad thing is that some of the schools with paid players don't need to. They are a big enough program to get whoever they want anyway.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#11 Apr 2, 2011
deathvalley wrote:
That figures!!! I knew Cam was a $CAM!!! Cam will also have to give back his Heisman and Auburn will have to forfeit the 2010 BOGUS National Championship!!! YO!!!
those same players said that they also recieved money from LSU

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#12 Apr 2, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
they are the best football conference but you know that they are dirty. The schools don't give the players money but they are paid by the boosters and the schools just keep their mouths shut. Mark Barron at Bama was arrested for covering up an investigation, he comes from a very poor family yet he has a Chrysler 300, how is he paying for that? Not all players are paid but it is way more common in the SEC than any other conference. The sad thing is that some of the schools with paid players don't need to. They are a big enough program to get whoever they want anyway.
I know their is some dirty stuff in the SEC as well as a lot of other big schools, I was messing with CT a little.
truth

United States

#13 Apr 3, 2011
deathvalley wrote:
just like the $80 grand reported person got from LSU. Remember the NCAA is looking @ lsu too. So you guys can't claim it eve IF Auburn is found of wrong doing.People act as if this is a new thing sorry it is not . These this that has been reports agianst Auburn is nothing NEW to College football. You still upset at Cam for runing all over your vaulted defense. so just slow you role.

San Marino, CA

#14 Apr 4, 2011
UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know their is some dirty stuff in the SEC as well as a lot of other big schools, I was messing with CT a little.
We will see who gets pinched. because the SEC is fairly competitive within, the NCAA will probably let a lot of stuff slide. It is only when a team thoroughly dominates its conference (like we did) before the NCAA steps in, hammers down, and tries to bring the other schools up to speed. Good for the NCAA pocketbook. That is really what it is all about. Believe me, with all the TV deals that conferences and college football gets, they are far from not already being a professional sport institute

USC - WE ARE SQUEAKY CLEAN NOW. HOW ABOUT ALL OF YOU?

San Marino, CA

#15 Apr 4, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
those same players said that they also recieved money from LSU
Im sure if they looked into it hard enough, the validity of that LSU NC may come into question

Since: Dec 10

Ocala, FL

#17 Apr 4, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>We will see who gets pinched. because the SEC is fairly competitive within, the NCAA will probably let a lot of stuff slide. It is only when a team thoroughly dominates its conference (like we did) before the NCAA steps in, hammers down, and tries to bring the other schools up to speed. Good for the NCAA pocketbook. That is really what it is all about. Believe me, with all the TV deals that conferences and college football gets, they are far from not already being a professional sport institute
LMAO at USC 'being squeaky clean now.' USC brings ratings. That's why they weren't decimated like SMU was. That program was one of the most corrupt in college football history. Oh yeah, I guess Bush never took any of his homies to meet his parents. Yeah right! And of course Carrol left at just the right time. Yeah right! And that program still doesn't have the sack to lock horns with Boise. Go figure!

San Marino, CA

#18 Apr 4, 2011
Ruger16 wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO at USC 'being squeaky clean now.' USC brings ratings. That's why they weren't decimated like SMU was. That program was one of the most corrupt in college football history. Oh yeah, I guess Bush never took any of his homies to meet his parents. Yeah right! And of course Carrol left at just the right time. Yeah right! And that program still doesn't have the sack to lock horns with Boise. Go figure!
We are squeaky clean NOW my man. Other programs are still lagging behind and pulling their unkosher dirty deeds right now. The trick is will they be caught or is the NCAA going to overlook it with their heads buried in negotiations with the networks to keep inking in professional style TV packages that fatten their pocketbooks. And come on now, anyone who really knows football KNOWS USC as never dodged anyone! look at our record, they all dodged us..or were beaten!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#19 Apr 4, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>We will see who gets pinched. because the SEC is fairly competitive within, the NCAA will probably let a lot of stuff slide. It is only when a team thoroughly dominates its conference (like we did) before the NCAA steps in, hammers down, and tries to bring the other schools up to speed. Good for the NCAA pocketbook. That is really what it is all about. Believe me, with all the TV deals that conferences and college football gets, they are far from not already being a professional sport institute
You didn't get hammer, being that you were a bread winner for the NCAA is why, they usually only hammer 2nd or 3rd tier schools.

San Marino, CA

#20 Apr 4, 2011
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't get hammer, being that you were a bread winner for the NCAA is why, they usually only hammer 2nd or 3rd tier schools.
You cant deny that what the NCAA levied on USC helped bring parity to the Pac10. The NCAA has been trying for years to bring expansion and a better conference TV contract to the Pac10. ALL of college football is business!
themonsterlives

United States

#21 Apr 4, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>You cant deny that what the NCAA levied on USC helped bring parity to the Pac10. The NCAA has been trying for years to bring expansion and a better conference TV contract to the Pac10. ALL of college football is business!
ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL
IS BUSINESS !!!!

The NCAA will see the dollars someday and take over football post season just like Basketball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lee Ziemba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Moron's Argument Concerning a 2010 Auburn Tig... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Jas 1
News Clemson's Da'Quan Bowers an All-American (Dec '10) Dec '10 clepsux hatter 1
News Cam Newton: All Around Leader (Oct '10) Nov '10 Jay 4
News Auburn's Offensive Line Improves Against South ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 txgal49 2
News Can Gene Chizik Lead The Auburn Tigers To Atlan... (Aug '10) Sep '10 AUguest 2
News Chizik Says Ziemba's Injury Is No't Serious (Sep '10) Sep '10 Eagle3 9
News Tuberville's status remains in limbo at Auburn ... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Orlando Tiger 2
More from around the web