USC Football Player Makes Formal Requ...

USC Football Player Makes Formal Request For Investigation

There are 32 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Mar 6, 2008, titled USC Football Player Makes Formal Request For Investigation. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

A University of South Carolina football player Wednesday filed a formal complaint asking for an investigation into alleged use of excessive force against him by Columbia police officers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Al and Jesse

United States

#3 Mar 6, 2008
Whether or not you carry a badge, breaking the law is the same.....

I know some of the cops, especially in the Five Points area, and it seems that they indeed do have a little attitude problem, and like to show their authority.

Trust the system..........
Tibbs

Columbia, SC

#4 Mar 6, 2008
I guess the police beat the wrong drunk person this time LOL. Cops realized that they were beating a high profile subject, and dusted him off and sent him on him way.This is what happens when a cops try and cover up their unprofessional conduct and witnesses are present lol. The original police incident report has to be a beauty for sled to be called in. Heads are about to roll, and some kid is gonna get a pocket full of cash.
Fox

Falls Church, VA

#5 Mar 6, 2008
Tibbs wrote:
I guess the police beat the wrong drunk person this time LOL. Cops realized that they were beating a high profile subject, and dusted him off and sent him on him way.This is what happens when a cops try and cover up their unprofessional conduct and witnesses are present lol. The original police incident report has to be a beauty for sled to be called in. Heads are about to roll, and some kid is gonna get a pocket full of cash.
Could not hve said it better wrong person wrong time not only do the police in 5 points beat drunk people they beat them all over Columbia have witnessed them doing so all depend on wht are the're in
Gamecocks Suck

United States

#8 Mar 6, 2008
Send him to Richland County Detention Center so he can be with the rest of his teammates!
Curious

Columbia, SC

#9 Mar 6, 2008
I wonder what Neal Lourie's salary is from the USC budget...they sure keep him busy
Typical

Summerville, SC

#10 Mar 6, 2008
I was about to post a rather scathing reply, but then realized it would do no good. People who hate the police will take every opportunity to voice that hatred, regardless of the facts. In this case, people would rather overlook the conduct of Young in order to attack the police. These people are generally self-centered, egotistical, and hypocritical. They will often have had brushes with the law. These people Need to realize that there really are consequences to actions, and that you really do have to listen to what the police tell you to do when you are in a situation that requires their intervention. In fact, from what I've read in the news, Young should have had several other charges made against him.

Resisting means refusing to comply. Of course, I'm sure you would all prefer:
"Sir, please put your hands behind your back,you are under arrest. No? You won't comply with my directions because you don't think you should be under arrest? Well, you're too big for me to force you, so I'll just leave. Sorry, Miss Victim, but he doesn't want to go to jail. I'll just be on my way. If he does it again, we'll come back and ask him if he'll go to jail then."

Then what would the complaint be?
BOOGER

Columbia, SC

#11 Mar 6, 2008
I hope he win a lot of money off of Mayor Bobblehead BECAUSE HE IS AN idiot! Some of these Columbia cops have an attitude problem! I had an car accident back in June and that cop acted like he did not give a rats @$$!! He was to lazy to investigate the wreck. I use to have some respect towards Columbia PD. Not any more!
Gonzo

Simpsonville, SC

#12 Mar 6, 2008
Does Neal Lourie get a uniform?
Jack Black

West Columbia, SC

#13 Mar 6, 2008
Gamecocks Suck wrote:
Send him to Richland County Detention Center so he can be with the rest of his teammates!
Look, I have already told you, If you keep useing the computer I will inform your warden. Inmates of the Department of Corrections can not use fourums.....this is your last chance.
callem likes i sees um

Lexington, SC

#14 Mar 6, 2008
poor fat punk ! did he tell his mommy too ?
Typical

Summerville, SC

#15 Mar 6, 2008
BOOGER, it sounds more like you just didn't LIKE the officer's investigation and conclusion. You ALWAYS have the opportunity to have your insurance company examine the accident if you believe mistakes were made, since accident reports ARE OPINIONS of what happened. The only way a cop can tell what happened in an accident is to either have both sides tell the absolute truth, or watch it happen.
Bill

Orlando, FL

#16 Mar 6, 2008
I was going to say the same thing...is Neal on retainer for the Football team or something...I'm so tired of this guy...every time one of the players gets on troulbe here comes Neal...And it's so funny to here him talk in defense of of these players...you would think they are the sweetest little angels...maybe thats why we can never win more than 6 games a year...but...that's what he gets PAID to do...and I'm sure he gets paid well...very well in fact to tell clients to take PTI which is offered regardless if you have an attorney...
Trudge

Swansea, SC

#17 Mar 6, 2008
Typical wrote:
I was about to post a rather scathing reply, but then realized it would do no good. People who hate the police will take every opportunity to voice that hatred, regardless of the facts. In this case, people would rather overlook the conduct of Young in order to attack the police. These people are generally self-centered, egotistical, and hypocritical. They will often have had brushes with the law. These people Need to realize that there really are consequences to actions, and that you really do have to listen to what the police tell you to do when you are in a situation that requires their intervention. In fact, from what I've read in the news, Young should have had several other charges made against him.
Resisting means refusing to comply. Of course, I'm sure you would all prefer:
"Sir, please put your hands behind your back,you are under arrest. No? You won't comply with my directions because you don't think you should be under arrest? Well, you're too big for me to force you, so I'll just leave. Sorry, Miss Victim, but he doesn't want to go to jail. I'll just be on my way. If he does it again, we'll come back and ask him if he'll go to jail then."
Then what would the complaint be?
Sounds like you are the judge and jury, or haven't you read where the eyewitnesses to the situation say HE WAS ASSAULTED FIRST? Why don't we let the facts be sorted out before you pass your proclamation?
Rick

Columbia, SC

#18 Mar 6, 2008
Many unknowns but one thing is for sure he was 20 years old and should not have been where he was in the first place.
wil

North Augusta, SC

#19 Mar 6, 2008
whats a 20 yearold doing in 5-points on a sunday night drinking?do we not have to be 21 if we play football?who do u think you are USC?
Homey the Clown

AOL

#20 Mar 6, 2008
wil wrote:
whats a 20 yearold doing in 5-points on a sunday night drinking?do we not have to be 21 if we play football?who do u think you are USC?
First of all, technically it was Sunday morning, but we all know he was out on Saturday night. Secondly, there are alot of 20 year olds out drinking in 5 points. Ever heard of being in college?
IGOR

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#21 Mar 6, 2008
Gamecocks Suck wrote:
Send him to Richland County Detention Center so he can be with the rest of his teammates and my mom!
Is your mom on the team?
Capt Obvious

Florence, SC

#22 Mar 6, 2008
Gee... go figure... Neal Lourie's name pops up again with a USC player. They must have him on speed dial!
Oswaldwasalone

Columbia, SC

#23 Mar 6, 2008
Neal's brother Senator Joel nominated a and had appointed a magistrate-judge whose husband works for SLED and use to work at USC as a cop. Bet you 1 million dollars he gets assigned the case and will not pull out due to conflicts. Easy case for Neal. Write the check CPD.

Hey WLTX, what's the name of the agents?
Stuck in PC

AOL

#24 Mar 6, 2008
Gamecocks Suck wrote:
Send him to Richland County Detention Center so he can be with the rest of his teammates!
When the cops beat you half to death for no reason what will you say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Young Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jayhawks Hand Ohio State 1st Loss (Dec '11) Dec '11 Mr Breeze 3
News Spurrier reserved in judgment (Sep '08) Sep '08 sharon 1
News Officers who arrested player indicted on miscon... (Aug '08) Aug '08 Bull Gator 3
News Columbia Police: No Complaint Made of USC Playe... (Mar '08) Mar '08 chris 68
News City asks for SLED inquiry (Mar '08) Mar '08 Time for Change 1
News USC Football Player Arrested (Mar '08) Mar '08 One Who Knows 231
News Young Makes Formal Request For Investigation (Mar '08) Mar '08 BOOGER 2
More from around the web