Columbia Police: No Complaint Made of...

Columbia Police: No Complaint Made of USC Player's Arrest

There are 68 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Mar 4, 2008, titled Columbia Police: No Complaint Made of USC Player's Arrest. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Columbia police responded Tuesday to claims by some that a USC player was hit by a police officer during a recent incident in Five Points.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Joe

Summerville, SC

#1 Mar 4, 2008
Something needs to be done about these cops in five points. They really feel they are the strongarm of the law and over the years they have always been known to rough up college kids. Lets hope that a full investigation is done.
DON

Lexington, SC

#2 Mar 4, 2008
Its always the cops fault that a bunch of drunks are fighting, if you go to 5 points and drink and raise cane then theres a good chance you will meet a police officer.
Justice

Swansea, SC

#3 Mar 4, 2008
DON wrote:
Its always the cops fault that a bunch of drunks are fighting, if you go to 5 points and drink and raise cane then theres a good chance you will meet a police officer.
And when you do, if you act stupid, ther's a good chance you'll go to the hospital. Justice served.
anna

Columbia, SC

#4 Mar 4, 2008
where's all the comments? what, cuz he's white it's not that big of a deal, he still should be allowed to play and all that good stuff? where's billy bob from rednexington blaming it all on the race? man, what's going on...?
live

Alviso, CA

#5 Mar 4, 2008
anna, how about a nice tall glass of STFU?

There wasn't much of a "fight". The other guy tried to start a fight with Kevin by swinging a punch. Kevin started to defend himself and was attacked and beaten by two police officers. Local sports show host Kevin McCrary was outside, saw the whole thing, and confirmed Kevin's story. Funny how 'LTX doesn't report all of that information.

Since: Feb 08

Irmo, SC

#6 Mar 4, 2008
What we are dealing with here, is a lack of respect for the law!
News

Little River, SC

#7 Mar 4, 2008
That is because WLTX SUX! Delete this you biased newspeople and the fun will begin on the forum.
anna

Columbia, SC

#9 Mar 4, 2008
live wrote:
There wasn't much of a "fight". The other guy tried to start a fight with Kevin by swinging a punch. Kevin started to defend himself and was attacked and beaten by two police officers. Local sports show host Kevin McCrary was outside, saw the whole thing, and confirmed Kevin's story. Funny how 'LTX doesn't report all of that information.
yeah, the black kids usually have an excuse too!
live

Alviso, CA

#10 Mar 4, 2008
anna wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah you're right, the first one that comes to mind is former Clemson football player Duane Coleman's response to the officer who asked if they had marijuana after smelling it in his car, to which he replied... "We done smoked it". LMAO!
claude

Columbia, SC

#11 Mar 4, 2008
Lock this little punk THUG up!!
Lamigra

Columbia, SC

#12 Mar 4, 2008
anna wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, dat dey got no daddy or father figure.
Al and Jesse

United States

#13 Mar 4, 2008
Who is the officer? I'll bet you if it is a certain officer, there was excessive force involved. Hot shot cops, thinking they are GOD. I respect law enforcement, but not when it become excessive enforcement, that itself is against the law.

Since: Feb 07

Elloree

#14 Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, sure, blame the cops. There was no chance that one of USC's angels did anything wrong. Next thing you know Spurrier will get a citizen of the year award for keeping his players out of jail.
watereetiger

Toccoa, GA

#15 Mar 4, 2008
Why was he even at the club? He is 20 years old, did he have a fake ID? He shouldn't have been there and this wouldn't have happend.
anna

Columbia, SC

#16 Mar 4, 2008
live wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah you're right, the first one that comes to mind is former Clemson football player Duane Coleman's response to the officer who asked if they had marijuana after smelling it in his car, to which he replied... "We done smoked it". LMAO!
yep! so what's whitey's???
Carolina Blues

Cayce, SC

#17 Mar 4, 2008
I think Carolina fans should skip the NC State game. I just read that Carlos Thomas is suspended indefinitely. It's March the 4th and Mike Davis, Kendrick Ellis, Deon Lecorn, and Kevin Young have been in trouble. It is ridiculous how our team is acting. Where is the commitment? I am just a stupid fan and I would give anything to see Carolina win the SEC. They are players and they have no commitment. I am really feed up. What can we do?
Alumni

Hopkins, SC

#18 Mar 4, 2008
I'm not surprised by the rumors. Most of the officers that are on duty in the five points area usually have a certain mentality while they are down there anyway, so something like this probably got his addrenaline running. I had a friend that was confronted by an officer and the next thing you knew he was using excessive force on her as well and she was about 2 months pregnant.
19 Fan

United States

#19 Mar 4, 2008
News wrote:
That is because WLTX SUX! Delete this you biased newspeople and the fun will begin on the forum.
If WLTX "sux" then why are you looking at the website? They have a whole interview with the guy mentioned earlier.

Go away.
Al and Jesse

United States

#20 Mar 4, 2008
Way to go dickhead, Nowhere does it say that he was inside of a club. The last I checked there wasn't an age limit to walking down the sidewalks in Five Points. Go back to plowing your fields in Climpson.

[QUOTE ho="watereetiger"]Wh y was he even at the club? He is 20 years old, did he have a fake ID? He shouldn't have been there and this wouldn't have happend.[/QUOTE]
the truth hurts

Columbia, SC

#21 Mar 4, 2008
live wrote:
THIS KID WIKK MAKE A GREAT LINEMAN. WONDER WHY HE HASN'T FILLED A COMPLANT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kevin Young Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jayhawks Hand Ohio State 1st Loss (Dec '11) Dec '11 Mr Breeze 3
News Spurrier reserved in judgment (Sep '08) Sep '08 sharon 1
News Officers who arrested player indicted on miscon... (Aug '08) Aug '08 Bull Gator 3
News City asks for SLED inquiry (Mar '08) Mar '08 Time for Change 1
News USC Football Player Arrested (Mar '08) Mar '08 One Who Knows 231
News USC Football Player Makes Formal Request For In... (Mar '08) Mar '08 BAD WRONG 32
News Young Makes Formal Request For Investigation (Mar '08) Mar '08 BOOGER 2
More from around the web