El Paso Times - Sun Bowl players, fans, others bid city goodbye

Full story: El Paso Times
University of Oregon quarterback Justin Roper, center, waited to check in at the American Airlines counter Tuesday with his parents Donna Roper and Brad Roper. Full Story
R T MOLINAR

United States

#1 Jan 2, 2008
EL PASO continues to ATTRACT very good football teams to the SUN BOWL. Excellent job for the people who are in CHARGE. For El Paso to HOST a BCS game a NEW COVERED DOME with seating in excess of 100,000 is NEEDED. A very good example of a VERY Nice football field is PHOENIX, ARIZONA where the BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME is to be PLAYED. DALLAS, Texas will soon get into the BCS championship series with their NEW FOOTBALL STADIUM being currently built. Congrulations El Paso for a great football match-up between South Florida and Oregon. Oregon, Missouri, Georgia all could have been in the BCS CHAMPIONSHIP game. Congrulations to HAWAII for making the BCS BOWL. The 4 million dollars will help there football athletic program to get better and be better able to compete against other elite football teams.
CHRISTOPHER HARRIS

United States

#2 Jan 3, 2008
Is there still that same rock shop in the Airport from
the 60's ? I use to live there when I was a kid (9 years).
The airport can't ever be that busy. No?
Edgemere Elementary . Now in Nashville 30 years. Loved
Lucy's diner Downtown. Park Kerr took my wife and I there
for Sunday B'fast 2 years ago when we were driving through.
Awesome !! Love El Paso !! Great memories as a kid and loved
the people there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justin Roper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Broncos snare ducks, snag first Pac-10 road win (Sep '08) Sep '08 BSUBLUE 5
How do you say, 'Ducks are deep at quarterback'? (Sep '08) Sep '08 J-WIGGLE 1
Weekly Whispers: Oregon's Kelly one to watch (Jun '08) Jun '08 Imsickofbeingclose 1
Oregon offensive line dominant against South Fl... (Apr '08) Apr '08 richard 1
Oregon runs past over-matched USF (Dec '07) Feb '08 LMFAO at USF 140
USF, Oregon get ready to clash in Sun Bowl (Feb '08) Feb '08 Oregon Backer 1
Ducks snap losing skid against USF (Jan '08) Jan '08 Facts Are 34
More from around the web