Hawthorne ends its 45-game losing streak

Full story: Daily Breeze 26
First came the disbelief. Then utter chaos. The Streak was finally over for Hawthorne. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Take From Serra

Torrance, CA

#1 Oct 3, 2010
God bless the program. Now its time to get the student/players back who should be going to Hawthorne from Hawthorne;s district and take them back from Serra and rebuild Hawthorne's once great progame. Enough of Serra recruiting all of those local school's players. Good job Hawthorne!
surf_morongo

Chatsworth, CA

#2 Oct 3, 2010
All the Oaks Christian fellas like the poster above from Moorpark, just can't get over it from last year. The answer is that they were out-coached, out-played and out-recruited.
Rich is SoCal

Redondo Beach, CA

#3 Oct 3, 2010
Way to go, Cougars! Best of luck for the remainder of the season.
What

Reseda, CA

#4 Oct 3, 2010
Congrats to the Cougars!
King BOBby

Torrance, CA

#5 Oct 3, 2010
I thought the 1600 person Marco Antonio Firebaugh High School is in Lynwood. It has only been around since 2005. Its funny that the school is so small that they play their home football games at a middle school. Good job Hawthorne!
King BOBby

Torrance, CA

#6 Oct 3, 2010
Maybe for a second win this year, Hawthorne could play a pop warner team. If they loose to a pop warner team, there are always special olympic type teams.
South Bay Not the OC

Woodland Hills, CA

#7 Oct 3, 2010
Congrats to the whole team, Players who have given their whole heart, And the new coaching staff who made it possible. HooRah!
JJJ

Torrance, CA

#8 Oct 3, 2010
Go COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!
Nekrodame

Compton, CA

#9 Oct 3, 2010
Wwoot woot!! Finally after five years!! Stay up cougars!

Since: Sep 10

Studio City, CA

#10 Oct 3, 2010
The curse has lifted!!! Now go out there and play HARD and win some more!!!
bruin fan

Redondo Beach, CA

#12 Oct 3, 2010
Take From Serra wrote:
God bless the program. Now its time to get the student/players back who should be going to Hawthorne from Hawthorne;s district and take them back from Serra and rebuild Hawthorne's once great progame. Enough of Serra recruiting all of those local school's players. Good job Hawthorne!
sour grapes poor baby
Johnny James

Compton, CA

#14 Oct 3, 2010
Im a former Football player from Hawthorne.....an i say that Im proud of my boys...because they did it.....i wish i waz still there with you guys but.....keep it goin baby....cuz yall put yall heary into the damn game.....C-HOUSE 4L.I.F.E. baby..........

YOUR BIG BROTHER

Johnny South Central James.....luv yall
J MONEY DIESEL

Torrance, CA

#15 Oct 3, 2010
I am glad I moved out of Hawthorne and into a better neighborhood in South Central. I am currently robbing a house in Redondo Beach and decided to make a comment before I load this computer in my car. C-HOUSE 4 LIFE...
Is it bad that I was third string on a loosing football team? I used to have to get water for the cheerleaders. Are they really cheerleaders if they don't lead anyone into cheer? Maybe they should have been called booleaders.
Wst Coast

Granite Bay, CA

#16 Oct 3, 2010
Yeaaaaa Hawthorne! Brings back GREAT memories.
PVer

Canoga Park, CA

#17 Oct 4, 2010
Crazy.. I remember when Hawthonre used be a top team in the south bay. It was always Peninsula, Costa & Hawthorne leading the way.
huskydon

Torrance, CA

#18 Oct 4, 2010
Congratulations to the Cougars!! How sweet it is!
Bob

Torrance, CA

#20 Oct 4, 2010
PVer wrote:
Crazy.. I remember when Hawthonre used be a top team in the south bay. It was always Peninsula, Costa & Hawthorne leading the way.
Right. But that was long before its players were saying things like "C-HOUSE 4 L1FE"
South Bay Football Fan

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#21 Oct 4, 2010
It's nice to read Hawthorne is in the win column. Takes lots of guts to have the patience to attempt to rekindle the passion and I admire all involved for doing so. Keep building!
Chouse 2010

United States

#22 Oct 4, 2010
What House?? C-HOUSE!!! Congrats and stay positive!! One game @ a time!!!
Torrance Tartar

Houston, TX

#23 Oct 4, 2010
congrats to Hawthorne..you never want to see a local program go that long without a win..great job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Justin Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Azusa Pacific men win GSAC crown (Mar '10) Mar '10 jacked up 1

Justin Johnson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE