Jenkins withdraws commitment to WVU

Jenkins withdraws commitment to WVU

There are 8 comments on the Register-herald.com story from Dec 28, 2007, titled Jenkins withdraws commitment to WVU. In it, Register-herald.com reports that:

“It just depends on who they bring in as the new head coach and how he approaches me”

Repeat Hunt Award winner Josh Jenkins has withdrawn his verbal commitment to West Virginia University. via Register-herald.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Register-herald.com.

Vince

Snowshoe, WV

#1 Dec 28, 2007
Here is another WV boy with no loyality to his home state school. Go somewhere else... You're a lineman for goodness sakes. I think WVU will go on without you and Grinch Frodriquez!
Zac

United States

#2 Dec 28, 2007
Is this official? Last I'd heard he withdrew his verbal commitment, but he would still consider WVU, depending upon who was hired as WVU's next HC, and how this HC approached him.
Bulldozer

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Dec 28, 2007
So many kids and coaches play with commitments. Nothing to get excited about. All those notrelame top recruiting classes managed how many wins this year?

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4 Dec 28, 2007
When the coaches don't give a darn about commitment, what kind of example do you think they set? Can't really blame the kids. They expect to be playing for a certain coach and then he just up and leaves with a 10 min talk to the team? What BS.
Zac

AOL

#5 Dec 28, 2007
OSUMOM wrote:
When the coaches don't give a darn about commitment, what kind of example do you think they set? Can't really blame the kids. They expect to be playing for a certain coach and then he just up and leaves with a 10 min talk to the team? What BS.
I wish I could argue with you, but that's the shame of this industry. The grass is always a little greener somewhere. Now, I fully realize Rich Rodriguez may have been lied to regarding certain "promises" made to him by WVU's Admin. Still, if he was so high on his principals, and given much of what he recently asked for was for his players and staff, why didn't he stay and fight for them, IF they meant that much to him to make the request in the 1st place.

Now, here's the part I really don't understand. We're comparing $1.8 Mil/yr to $2.5 Mil/yr. If he cleared $1.2 Mil/yr at WVU, that's $100 K/mo. In 4 months, this man made more at WVU than the CEO for my company, which includes among its many power generating assets a nuclear pwr plant. Can anyone tell me that's less responsibility than coaching 99 kids and running a staff of maybe 15?

Wherever Jenkins goes, it's his decision to make. I only hope he makes the MOST of it.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#6 Dec 28, 2007
Zac wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I could argue with you, but that's the shame of this industry. The grass is always a little greener somewhere. Now, I fully realize Rich Rodriguez may have been lied to regarding certain "promises" made to him by WVU's Admin. Still, if he was so high on his principals, and given much of what he recently asked for was for his players and staff, why didn't he stay and fight for them, IF they meant that much to him to make the request in the 1st place.
Now, here's the part I really don't understand. We're comparing $1.8 Mil/yr to $2.5 Mil/yr. If he cleared $1.2 Mil/yr at WVU, that's $100 K/mo. In 4 months, this man made more at WVU than the CEO for my company, which includes among its many power generating assets a nuclear pwr plant. Can anyone tell me that's less responsibility than coaching 99 kids and running a staff of maybe 15?
Wherever Jenkins goes, it's his decision to make. I only hope he makes the MOST of it.
I couldn't agree with you more. I LOVE football, college and pro, but I think that the money made by players (pro) and coaches is criminal. You are so right, people who have jobs that are so much more meaningful and important barely make a living and these guys make so much they don't know what to do with it all. It sends such a messed up message to kids these days. Only a very few, very lucky athletes make it that big. Lots of talent but such few chances to make it . What a shame. The almighty $$$$$$$$$$ is what it is all about.
Vince

Snowshoe, WV

#7 Dec 31, 2007
Zac wrote:
Is this official? Last I'd heard he withdrew his verbal commitment, but he would still consider WVU, depending upon who was hired as WVU's next HC, and how this HC approached him.
That is exactly what he said Zac. He said it all depends on how the new WVU coach approaches (kisses his a$$). He may still come to Motown.
ohionightmare

Columbus, OH

#8 Jan 1, 2008
I think OSU and UM are his too choices. Pryor is going to UM I think with the Rodriguez move and his spread offense package.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Jenkins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alston runs with chance; Jenkins defends Stewart (Nov '10) Dec '10 Zac 4
News Ohio State Recruiting News: Terrell Pryor has d... (Jan '08) Oct '08 colin 48
More from around the web