Former walk-on to walk off as leader

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

Apparently, Bucknell saw something, too. When Jon Copper was running around the football fields at Fork Union Military Academy five years ago, the Bison offered him a partial financial-aid package.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 19, 2008
Wondering

Gloucester, VA

#1 Nov 18, 2008
A true example of what a Student-Athlete should be. He is to be admired, and hopefully our young players in Hampton Roads will read this story and yearn to be like Copper, and not some other recent poor examples.
FUMAPG03-04

United States

#2 Nov 19, 2008
I PLAYED FOOTBALL WITH COPPER AT FORK UNION AND HE WAS A GREAT TEAMMATE. HE WAS ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP IN TIMES OF NEED AND WOULD GIVE YOU THE SHIRT OFF HIS BACK. HE'S A FIRST CLASS INDIVIDUAL AND WORKS HARDER THAN ANYONE I HAVE EVER MET. I AM CONFIDENT THAT HE WILL CONTINUE TO DO GREAT THINGS AFTER FOOTBALL AND CONTINUE TO INSPIRE OTHERS AROUND HIM.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jon Copper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest Loser Charlottesville Challenge (May '10) May '10 Proac 9
Groh optimistic about the Next Man Up (Jun '09) Jun '09 wyoming broke bac... 1
UVA Football Players Receive Awards at Team Ban... (Jan '09) Jan '09 mrg7175 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Jon Copper People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••