Ohio State football: Four-QB race cou...

Ohio State football: Four-QB race could be three after today | BuckeyeXtra

There are 25 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 23, 2011, titled Ohio State football: Four-QB race could be three after today | BuckeyeXtra. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

This spring, Ohio State's quarterbacks have been roaring four-wide down the straightaway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
gjzuidy

East Lansing, MI

#1 Apr 23, 2011
Funny reading the articles in this rag, and the comments by sweaterliar.. All seems to be normal as the guillotine gets closer and closer... Tressel and the chokeyes are gonna get hammerred by the NCAA, and if anyone thinks pryor is sticking around they are looking through the telescope with the big lens at the wrong end.. the era of win-with-corruption at osu is over, and the new era of lose and make excuses begins....
OSU grad

Bonita Springs, FL

#2 Apr 23, 2011
gjzuidy wrote:
Funny reading the articles in this rag, and the comments by sweaterliar.. All seems to be normal as the guillotine gets closer and closer... Tressel and the chokeyes are gonna get hammerred by the NCAA, and if anyone thinks pryor is sticking around they are looking through the telescope with the big lens at the wrong end.. the era of win-with-corruption at osu is over, and the new era of lose and make excuses begins....
Well, at least you don't sound bitter about things. How's everything else in your life going these days?
Buckeye Don

Pensacola, FL

#3 Apr 23, 2011
With in mind OSUgrad, lets look at Michigan as a whole, who would want to go to Michigan????? The state economy is a bust, their largetst city is a dump, they are losing population as fast as people can pack up and leave.......and who cares how many games they won between 1880-1910??????....not too many, they could only get 25,000 for their spring game!!!!!!!!!!
Dude

North Royalton, OH

#4 Apr 23, 2011
gjzuidy wrote:
Funny reading the articles in this rag, and the comments by sweaterliar.. All seems to be normal as the guillotine gets closer and closer... Tressel and the chokeyes are gonna get hammerred by the NCAA, and if anyone thinks pryor is sticking around they are looking through the telescope with the big lens at the wrong end.. the era of win-with-corruption at osu is over, and the new era of lose and make excuses begins....
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry you have to read OUR paper.
I'm sorry you find the need to attempt to trash a good university.
I'm sorry you do not have the integrity to look at your university before bad mouthing others.
I'm sorry you have to be the appointed one to bad mouth OUR team.
I'm sorry you are so miserable. It must be terrible to lead a life of hate.
I'm sorry you have to dig around to find something to complain about to make you feel better.
I'm sorry you hired a coach that should never had been hired in the first place.
I'm sorry that you team has hit rock bottom and now must slowly climb back to respectability.
I'm very, very sorry that you did not write your post just to stir the pot with tongue in cheek.
I AM NOT SORRY, that what ever punishment given to us, WE WILL TAKE IT LIKE MEN and not point our fingers at someone else to attempt to cover up our sins. That's called character.
ALSO, I AM NOT SORRY, that I posted my note to you as I do not do so out of hate or even anger. You just got poked in the ribs Bubba.
longtime fan

Columbus, OH

#5 Apr 23, 2011
An interview with Justin Zwick about the 2011 Buckeyes??? Hell, Gordon, you're that desperate to quote somebody, call me.
longtime fan

Columbus, OH

#6 Apr 23, 2011
gjzuidy wrote:
Funny reading the articles in this rag, and the comments by sweaterliar.. All seems to be normal as the guillotine gets closer and closer... Tressel and the chokeyes are gonna get hammerred by the NCAA, and if anyone thinks pryor is sticking around they are looking through the telescope with the big lens at the wrong end.. the era of win-with-corruption at osu is over, and the new era of lose and make excuses begins....
A few players sold trinkets they owned, for trivial amounts of money. Tressel didnt report it. All are suspended for half a season. Get a life, jerk. This aint the Brink's robbery.
GATOR GARY

Tampa, FL

#7 Apr 23, 2011
longtime fan wrote:
<quoted text>
A few players sold trinkets they owned, for trivial amounts of money. Tressel didnt report it. All are suspended for half a season. Get a life, jerk. This aint the Brink's robbery.
I will be enjoying watching your Spring Game at my favorite Tiki Bar here at St Pete Beach on your Big Ten Network. It will be fun wtching the QBs compete. Who will start in Sept will be settled today. Tressell will probably favor Bauserman the Senior but it will interesting to see how the true Freshman plays today. Enjoy you game. Only 5 months to the start of the 2011 season.
Brutus

United States

#8 Apr 23, 2011
This should be a good game with a different format. The score could be in the 50's or 60's with the scoring system that the coaching staff uses. In the past we never got to see the jersey scrimmage. Today we will get to see a hard hitting game where people are fighting for starting positions.

For the MI fans, I read that two MI players have requested transfer papers since Brady Hoke became coach. How many more will transfer before the season starts?
MisterTOO

Aurora, IL

#9 Apr 23, 2011
On paper, that would seem to favor Bauserman. If he is the best iOSU has to offer at QB those first five games will all be nail biters. A slow QB prone to throw interceptions, slow rock fist for hands rookies at wide receiver, and no depth on the already marginal offensive line equals disaster.
Buckeye fan

Columbus, OH

#10 Apr 23, 2011
MisterTOO wrote:
On paper, that would seem to favor Bauserman. If he is the best iOSU has to offer at QB those first five games will all be nail biters. A slow QB prone to throw interceptions, slow rock fist for hands rookies at wide receiver, and no depth on the already marginal offensive line equals disaster.
Why would you care?
Brutus

United States

#11 Apr 23, 2011
MisterTOO wrote:
On paper, that would seem to favor Bauserman. If he is the best iOSU has to offer at QB those first five games will all be nail biters. A slow QB prone to throw interceptions, slow rock fist for hands rookies at wide receiver, and no depth on the already marginal offensive line equals disaster.
That means the RB's get a lot of action. Berry, Hyde, Hall, Smith will run and catch out of the back field. They will probably use 2 quarterbacks in the first two games before deciding on one.
Ken Gordon

Grove City, OH

#12 Apr 23, 2011
longtime fan wrote:
An interview with Justin Zwick about the 2011 Buckeyes??? Hell, Gordon, you're that desperate to quote somebody, call me.
Hmmmm....since the article was dealing with QB competitions in spring, it seems logical to talk to one of the players involved in such a past competition, doesn't it? To ask whether a job can be won or lost in spring ball? Particularly since we have not been able to talk to any of the current QBs this spring?
Flush Twice For Obama

Carlsbad, CA

#13 Apr 23, 2011
I wish Bauserman would get a little more fire in his belly. He almost seems as if he's happy to be the #2 guy. That never seems to make a good game day quarterback. I don't know him of course and hopefully I'm wrong but that's the impression I get.

I hope one of the other underclassmen show something. Kind of tired of overly hyped freshmen who are supposed to perform miracles.
go bucks

United States

#14 Apr 23, 2011
Jesse Owens will be honored today during the game. Who is winning the lacrosse game right now?
R Rodriguez

Carlsbad, CA

#15 Apr 23, 2011
gjzuidy wrote:
Funny reading the articles in this rag, and the comments by sweaterliar.. All seems to be normal as the guillotine gets closer and closer... Tressel and the chokeyes are gonna get hammerred by the NCAA, and if anyone thinks pryor is sticking around they are looking through the telescope with the big lens at the wrong end.. the era of win-with-corruption at osu is over, and the new era of lose and make excuses begins....
Speaking of losers....
R Rodriguez

Carlsbad, CA

#16 Apr 23, 2011
gjzuidy wrote:
Funny reading the articles in this rag, and the comments by sweaterliar.. All seems to be normal as the guillotine gets closer and closer... Tressel and the chokeyes are gonna get hammerred by the NCAA, and if anyone thinks pryor is sticking around they are looking through the telescope with the big lens at the wrong end.. the era of win-with-corruption at osu is over, and the new era of lose and make excuses begins....
Speaking of losers...
JAG

Grove City, OH

#17 Apr 23, 2011
Here's reality: A Jim Tressel offense cannot score enough to consistantly win unless the QB is a running threat. The non-running QBs (Zwick, Boeckman) struggled mightily in JT's system. Not b/c they were bad, but b/c the offense is so vanilla that if the extra running dimension isn't there, a MAC school could keep them in check. For all we know Justin Zwick could've been a great player in a system where he wasn't a sitting duck.
BUCKS

Landrum, SC

#18 Apr 23, 2011
JAG wrote:
Here's reality: A Jim Tressel offense cannot score enough to consistantly win unless the QB is a running threat. The non-running QBs (Zwick, Boeckman) struggled mightily in JT's system. Not b/c they were bad, but b/c the offense is so vanilla that if the extra running dimension isn't there, a MAC school could keep them in check. For all we know Justin Zwick could've been a great player in a system where he wasn't a sitting duck.
You seem to have forgotten the quarterback who won the national championship with Ohio States offense. His name was Craig Krenzel. By no means was he a runner. OSU sure as heck didnt lose to a MAC school that year. Oh yeah they went undefeated didnt they?
gjzuidy

East Lansing, MI

#19 Apr 23, 2011
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry you have to read OUR paper.
I'm sorry you find the need to attempt to trash a good university.
I'm sorry you do not have the integrity to look at your university before bad mouthing others.
I'm sorry you have to be the appointed one to bad mouth OUR team.
I'm sorry you are so miserable. It must be terrible to lead a life of hate.
I'm sorry you have to dig around to find something to complain about to make you feel better.
I'm sorry you hired a coach that should never had been hired in the first place.
I'm sorry that you team has hit rock bottom and now must slowly climb back to respectability.
I'm very, very sorry that you did not write your post just to stir the pot with tongue in cheek.
I AM NOT SORRY, that what ever punishment given to us, WE WILL TAKE IT LIKE MEN and not point our fingers at someone else to attempt to cover up our sins. That's called character.
ALSO, I AM NOT SORRY, that I posted my note to you as I do not do so out of hate or even anger. You just got poked in the ribs Bubba.
I accept your apology...
longtime fan

Columbus, OH

#20 Apr 23, 2011
Ken Gordon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm....since the article was dealing with QB competitions in spring, it seems logical to talk to one of the players involved in such a past competition, doesn't it? To ask whether a job can be won or lost in spring ball? Particularly since we have not been able to talk to any of the current QBs this spring?
Dull, but hostile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Bauserman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A mixed legacy for Pryor, for sure | BuckeyeXtra (Jun '11) Sep '13 Buckeye-Bashing B... 110
News Toledo eyes another big upset (Sep '11) Aug '12 PEE PEE PETE 105
News Ohio State's Luke Fickell Should Learn More in ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 fightfan 10
News Michigan Football: 5 Reasons Wolverines Will Fi... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Matt from Columbus 148
News Postgame thoughts (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bville Rob 1
News Buckeyes are in a rush to honor former Ohio Sta... (Oct '11) Oct '11 jocephus 1
News Buckeye Rewind: Buckeyes will build on this (Oct '11) Oct '11 Buckeye-Bashing B... 7
More from around the web