Ohio State football: Players try to t...

Ohio State football: Players try to turn negatives into positive | BuckeyeXtra

There are 245 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 3, 2011, titled Ohio State football: Players try to turn negatives into positive | BuckeyeXtra. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Highly touted recruit Braxton Miller will be in the mix for the starting quarterback job despite being a freshman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
zappa912

Toledo, OH

#1 Jul 3, 2011
Keep up the hard work guys. It will all pay off when the season starts September 3 against Akron. Ignore the distractions as best you can. Focus on making yourself a better player and better teammate. Be ready to step up when given your opportunity to help the team and your teammates. Enjoy the ride. Make it a great year to remember. Make us proud.

GO BUCKS!!!!
Steve Jeffers

Hinesville, GA

#2 Jul 3, 2011
Braxton Miller will make us forget Terrelle Pryor, starting Sept 3rd. Mark it down.
SI Rules

Monument, CO

#4 Jul 3, 2011
Steve Jeffers wrote:
Braxton Miller will make us forget Terrelle Pryor, starting Sept 3rd. Mark it down.
Dream on dude your head is in the clouds I would bet anything the bucks Lise to Miami, MSU, Nebraska, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Losing all those seniors, Bell, and Pryor is gonna floss you turds!!!!!:)
Ben Stilson

Portsmouth, OH

#5 Jul 3, 2011
Good column. Now we're looking forward to the Dispatch running a RETRACTION of all the falsehoods it reported, including the lies reported by Sports Illustrated. Once player reputations are cleared, and the paper defends the university as fairly as it maligned it, we can look forward to many more stories like this about Buckeye football.
Buckeye7

United States

#6 Jul 3, 2011
SI Rules wrote:
<quoted text> Dream on dude your head is in the clouds I would bet anything the bucks Lise to Miami, MSU, Nebraska, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Losing all those seniors, Bell, and Pryor is gonna floss you turds!!!!!:)
I'd have bet anything you'd be able to spell a four letter word correctly.
Anonymous

Elburn, IL

#7 Jul 3, 2011
SI Rules wrote:
<quoted text> Dream on dude your head is in the clouds I would bet anything the bucks Lise to Miami, MSU, Nebraska, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Losing all those seniors, Bell, and Pryor is gonna floss you turds!!!!!:)
That priceless Michigan education on display.
Worker

Hilliard, OH

#8 Jul 3, 2011
Tressel is God. Have you noticed how his players love this man. He is a mentor. He brought faith family and values with his program. I agree with Coach Cooper. We all love Luke, but in ten years his record will not match Tressell. We have lost a great coach and a greater man. A total class act.
Greg

Houston, TX

#9 Jul 3, 2011
The whole thing was handled inappropriately, one mistake after another. First, the kids made a minor mistake, so OK report it. Didn't happen. So OK, Tressel could have come out and said, "hey sorry, made a mistake and I'll make it right" and he could have been suspended a year without pay and remained coach after that. Didn't happen. Gee could have said, "hey, this was bad and are disappointed and embarrassed and we are going to investigate and take appropriate steps...suspend Tressel for one season. Didn't happen. A public relations program/course would definitely help at Ohio State. Even after the initial mistakes were made, things could have been made right and Tressel could have been head coach in 2012.
Dude

New Philadelphia, OH

#10 Jul 3, 2011
SI Rules wrote:
Thank you.... Its nice to know that we are still feared by those like you.
Why else would you write such trash? So, THANK YOU! Name calling always show how educated the poster is so I personally don't take offense to those who can't express themselves in any other way.
Thug Nation

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 3, 2011
zappa912 wrote:
Keep up the hard work guys. It will all pay off when the season starts September 3 against Akron. Ignore the distractions as best you can. Focus on making yourself a better player and better teammate. Be ready to step up when given your opportunity to help the team and your teammates. Enjoy the ride. Make it a great year to remember. Make us proud.
GO BUCKS!!!!
WOW!!Akron!! Your kidding. That is exciting that it will pay off against Akron.LOL.Go Thug Nation beat Akron.
Thug Nation

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 3, 2011
Steve Jeffers wrote:
Braxton Who?
Bob

Iuka, MS

#13 Jul 3, 2011
Thug Nation wrote:
<quoted text>Braxton Who?
Good to see you are ignorant in many different areas.
Mchigun fan

Lewis Center, OH

#14 Jul 3, 2011
It has to be thrilling for Luke, use the force Luke.
WatchingFromSide line

Columbus, OH

#15 Jul 3, 2011
You know, I'm a Buckeye fan win or lose. I will be very happy just to get through this year with a winning record and to know our players, coaches and school is back on the right path.

For so many years the Big Ten has stood for good, CLEAN & hard hitting sport. A couple of bumps in the road ala the fab 4 and #13. Now we have a reputation to fix and we have to EARN our respect BACK to the country and back to us THE FANS.

GO BUCKS - Have a good year and do it with your head held high and THE RIGHT WAY!
Tennessee Buckeye

Franklin, TN

#16 Jul 3, 2011
SI Rules wrote:
How's that Michigan education working for you now? Have your mother check your spelling prior to submitting.
califbuck

San Rafael, CA

#17 Jul 3, 2011
SI Rules wrote:
What is 'Lise"? Maybe a two-star recruit , Joey Lise?

Of more import, 2780 and counting. If numbers are hard for you, think almost EIGHT YEARS.
George Ocala FL

Oxford, FL

#18 Jul 3, 2011
I have every confidence that our 2011 TEAM, can & WILL have a successful year. The ingredients are there. Luke Fickel WILL be a VERY GOOD coach, we still have a very fine coaching staff in place, and (Most Important), we have a bunch of outstanding Football Players. What makes a "bunch of outstanding football players) a good team ??? Conditioning, hard work, good coaching, Motivation, and COMMITMENT. These are the ingredients, and we have them in abundance. "GO BUCKS"
George Ocala FL

Oxford, FL

#19 Jul 3, 2011
I just love reading the lines from all the IGNORANT BOZOS that hate Ohio State. There really is truth in the statement,"He who laughs last laughs BEST". Keep it coming you morons, We'll respond in September, October, and November. AND, if the NCAA doesn't have their head in their ass, we'll put the cap on another great season in January.
We lost a great coach because he tried to protect a couple DUMB-DUMB's like you. We have a bunch of really fine young men in the Ohio State football program,(I never thought TP was one of them), and they'll prove themselves this fall. "GO BUCKS"
Stuck in the Stone Age

Atlanta, GA

#20 Jul 3, 2011
It would not surprise me to see this team at 3-4 heading into its bye week. And then losing to Wisconsin to be 3-5. Thanks, JT!!!
Reality Bites

Thornville, OH

#21 Jul 3, 2011
I wish the team great success. Fickell will be a good coach and the players will play hard for him.

Unfortunately we will find this season, that experience and talent means a great deal more than what the “homer” fans imagined.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Bauserman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A mixed legacy for Pryor, for sure | BuckeyeXtra (Jun '11) Sep '13 Buckeye-Bashing B... 110
News Toledo eyes another big upset (Sep '11) Aug '12 PEE PEE PETE 105
News Ohio State's Luke Fickell Should Learn More in ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 fightfan 10
News Michigan Football: 5 Reasons Wolverines Will Fi... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Matt from Columbus 148
News Postgame thoughts (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bville Rob 1
News Buckeyes are in a rush to honor former Ohio Sta... (Oct '11) Oct '11 jocephus 1
News Buckeye Rewind: Buckeyes will build on this (Oct '11) Oct '11 Buckeye-Bashing B... 7
More from around the web