OSU football: Pryor undergoes foot su...

OSU football: Pryor undergoes foot surgery | BuckeyeXtra

There are 79 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 7, 2011, titled OSU football: Pryor undergoes foot surgery | BuckeyeXtra. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor is undergoing surgery today to repair an injury to his right foot that he suffered late in the fourth quarter of the Buckeyes' 31-26 victory over Arkansas on Tuesday night, an OSU spokesperson confirmed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
OHwest

Peoria, AZ

#64 Jan 7, 2011
TCU and Boise State - I know that you are calling us out.

We will not schedule you, we will only schedule MAC and Big Ten teams so that we can keep going to BCS bowls. We did not want to play USC, we lost both times and still played in the BCS.

The joke is on you BSU, we played one top 25 ranked team and lost and still went to a BCS. You were better than us, played better competition, but our conference and OSU President hold the power!
Elizabeth Edwards

Carlsbad, CA

#65 Jan 7, 2011
Got his foot removed from his mouth, you say? Should have been done long time ago.
pam

West Chester, PA

#66 Jan 7, 2011
JSB05 wrote:
Dear OSU Worshippers:
Seen any new billboards around town lately?
Now do you understand why the rest of the nation thinks your program is a big-time joke and a national embarassment? A crime syndicate of overrated prima-donnas masquerading as a football team.
Love,
The Team That Beat Wisconsin
What a total waste of time and money.
RichardM

Temple, TX

#67 Jan 7, 2011
Joe wrote:
who cares!
Pryor stinks !
Do you have any football knowledge at all? or do you and Gee exchange notes?
RichardM

Temple, TX

#68 Jan 7, 2011
OSUBest wrote:
I wish the haters would just curl up in a corner somewhere. We really don't need "fans" like you!
In truth, if you were fans, you would not act like you are. If you can't forgive 18 and 19 year old kids for something they did 2 years ago, then you have a problem. Too bad that your only identity is wrapped up in a bunch of kids so much that you can't live your own life.
To Terrell - Get better. You played a heck of a game and the true Buckeye Nation is with you all the way. You laid it all on the line this week and
we appreciate your effort. Can't wait for your return.
I totally agree. Great post!
forgive

Columbus, OH

#69 Jan 7, 2011
Do you all live in glass houses? What I have noticed in the last couple of weeks is how over and over people just want to keep crucifying these kids. They have said they are sorry and have ask people to find it in their hearts to forgive. They will have to serve out there punishment and do you think for one minute it won't be killing them inside to miss just one game let alone 5!!! No wonder the world we live in is like it is. People need to learn to forgive. My goodness these kids are just that kids, Most comments that are critical come from those who have never played a college sport and until you have walked in these kids shoes stop judging! Pryor keep your head up and thank you for all that you have given us fans. speedy recovery.
Mary

Mount Vernon, OH

#70 Jan 7, 2011
Big Kev wrote:
Way to play Tyrell. Regardless of how many jerks post negative comments here, the Real Buckeye Nation Loves you bro, and wishes you a speedy recovery. Yes, we have forgiven you and your partners for the mistakes you made, your human. You as well as the others gave 100% out there on the field, and we can't ask for more. We love you, and thank you for an outanding season as well as a BCS Win over the much talked about SEC. Way to go.
I like your comments!!!! We, the REAL BUCKEYE NATION, love Terrell Pryor and all of his teammates. I, too, will keep Terrell and Chekwa in my prayers for speedy recoveries.

I also agree with you about the jerks and their negative comments - I suppose they also believe that they have never made a mistake and are in the perfect position to judge others. They had better start looking in their own back yards before scouting out Terrell's. Then the comment about Terrell selling his Sugar Bowl ring to pay for the surgery - what an imbecile that commenter is, as he has no compassion for someone who has been hurt.

Lastly, I look forward to another good football season, and hope to see all of the 5, who are being ridiculed, on the field as Buckeyes!! Go bucks!
chilli parent

Powell, OH

#71 Jan 7, 2011
get butter TP... you played a greet game and we are proud of you as a man cane be... You ares a great playyer and you are going to win the Heinsman Tropohy next yeer I guarentee it
OSUBest1

AOL

#72 Jan 7, 2011
For all of you who think that college athletes
"owe" you something, let me remind you that they
don't. You think that they owe their life to you
because they are getting an education. Now you
can see that there is more to it than that. These
kids are battered and bruised every game they play.
I know now of at least two kids from the bowl
game that have had to have surgery. Why? Because
they put their bodies on the line to make your
sorry a**es happy. Most of you comedians wouldn't
think of getting hit. You are a bunch of losers who hide behind their keyboard and make fun of
18 and 19 year old kids. Wow! How does that make you feel? This is Pryor's second surgery since he has been here. Each one takes a toll on your body
and will be noticed in later years. And yet, what does he get in return? Made fun of and bad mouthed by all of the so called "good fans" from Columbus.
You are not fans. You are jerks who for some reason think you have the right to demoralize someone else. It is really getting old. Pryor will be remembered for his winning way longer than any of you losers will be remembered for your
crap words.
BrianfireJimBoll man

Columbus, OH

#73 Jan 7, 2011
OSUBest1 wrote:
For all of you who think that college athletes
"owe" you something, let me remind you that they
don't. You think that they owe their life to you
because they are getting an education. Now you
can see that there is more to it than that. These
kids are battered and bruised every game they play.
I know now of at least two kids from the bowl
game that have had to have surgery. Why? Because
they put their bodies on the line to make your
sorry a**es happy. Most of you comedians wouldn't
think of getting hit. You are a bunch of losers who hide behind their keyboard and make fun of
18 and 19 year old kids. Wow! How does that make you feel? This is Pryor's second surgery since he has been here. Each one takes a toll on your body
and will be noticed in later years. And yet, what does he get in return? Made fun of and bad mouthed by all of the so called "good fans" from Columbus.
You are not fans. You are jerks who for some reason think you have the right to demoralize someone else. It is really getting old. Pryor will be remembered for his winning way longer than any of you losers will be remembered for your
crap words.
You say something like that to Woody, he would slap you without thinking twice
Superfanjan

Columbus, OH

#74 Jan 7, 2011
And Chimde Chekwa's wrist?(sp?--sorry)
An American

Columbus, OH

#75 Jan 7, 2011
The Great Ballzak wrote:
maybe he bit it when he had his foot in his mouth
Which time? The money was for the family? Or I promise to come back If I go to the Sugar Bowl?

He's not a true Buckeye yet I hope all of the same mind he proves different.

Buckeyes live by a standard that was set generations ago. It's not given yet earned.
spider68

Bedford, OH

#76 Jan 8, 2011
FLABUCK wrote:
Jim Harbaugh just announced he will be going to coach the SF 49ers...any chance he throws the season to get Luck in the draft next year?
FlaBuck,
I enjoy most of your posts but no way Jim Harbaugh throws anything. He is a warrior! I think you have him mixed up with another athlete that took his act to South Beach.
PS I am looking forward to who Michigan gets now that Harbaugh is off the table.
spider68

Bedford, OH

#77 Jan 8, 2011
Retro wrote:
Good luck, Pryor. Come back strong for the Colorado game after your suspension is reduced to three.
Retro,
I hope you are right. The way I see it they get:

1 game for NCAA violation
2nd game for not self reporting
3rd game for Sugar Bowl

Question: Does anyone know what AJ Green from Georgia received a 4 game suspension for?
spider68

Bedford, OH

#78 Jan 8, 2011
djjazzy wrote:
... They have apologized over and over in front of millions of people. Could I have done that at 20 years of age????
Great Season and Go Bucks!!!
DJ,
I agree and I hope they don't apologize again. It's over. Let's move forward.

PS The great american way "Everyone deserves a second chance" is still not embraced by a lot of bloggers on this board.

GO BUCKS!!!
karen

Chicago, IL

#79 Jan 9, 2011
TN Buckeyes wrote:
I see the morons have started early with thier sutpid post. Terrell Pryor thank you for one hell of a game! I hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly! you gave you heart out there and that is all any real Buckeyes fan ask for. I am looking forward to next year. And i have no doubt that we are deep enough to be 5-0 when you return! Thanks for your apologies but no more are needed. You made a mistake that millions of 18-19 year old make all the time. You dont need to be crusified for bad judgement. I dont think in anyway it makes you less of a Buckeye due to a bone head mistake. I see your loyalty everytime you take the field. I see your loyalty in your record 30-3 as a starter. I see your loyalty in our 3-0 record against the team up north. I see your loyalty in your work ethic, your desire to get better, and the fact that you stayed around another year knowing that you wont have a full season to display your skills. People dont realize that even if you were a second or third round pick you would be a millionaire. If i am not mistaken there was a whole bunch of 2nd and 3rd rond QBs that played and started a few games in the NFL. Thanks for staying Terrelle you will only get better. If you get a chance to read this remeber to stay humble and never forget that you play for you and the team not the fans. There are some wacko, racist, idiots who know nothing about football that no matter how well you play will always find a way to be critical. Real fans laugh at thier stupid post. If you want to know if you have the Buckeye nation behind you just listen to the roar in the stadium. Buckeye nation is a family and we support our own. You belobng to us and we are better for it!! Go Buck!!
Really? "Millions of 18-19 year olds make the same mistake?" I'd like to see you back THAT stat up. The facts are: athletes are already given special privileges, starting with their young lives, and especially in football. It continues with college admission, where they recruit the school (as opposed to school recruiting the kid). They are allowed to have lower test scores, lesser resumes, inferior curriculum. They enjoy a softer college schedule while other kids with far harder majors cram 18-21 credits into each qtr or semester. Often, these brats don't even finish, jumping ship to the pros before they graduate -- then on to the announcers booth after their megamillion careers are over. Now, just HOW are millions of kids making that same mistake??
I can point to far greater kids who NEVER made ANY mistakes, don't get this kind of treatment, are grateful for what they managed to EARN & contribute back to society, even with a mountain of student debt.
Perhaps this country is just getting sick of pampered brats who get special treatment straight out of the gate & continue to get 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances while others wait endlessly for their first even break!
But no worries for TP & Tat Gang: university coaching staff falling on their swords for these "fine young men". Will TP's cast be on Ebay???
dont think so

Columbus, OH

#80 Jan 9, 2011
karen wrote:
<quoted text>
I can point to far greater kids who NEVER made ANY mistakes, don't get this kind of treatment, are grateful for what they managed to EARN & contribute back to society, even with a mountain of student debt.
I don't know a single person who NEVER made a mistake. Not a one.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#81 Jan 10, 2011
spider68 wrote:
<quoted text>
FlaBuck,
I enjoy most of your posts but no way Jim Harbaugh throws anything. He is a warrior! I think you have him mixed up with another athlete that took his act to South Beach.
PS I am looking forward to who Michigan gets now that Harbaugh is off the table.
Hahaha, no I was just joking around. I actually think he is a great coach and may be one of the few college coaches that can make the jump into the NFL and succeed. Having family already coaching in the NFL will help him adjust as he can seek advice from them. Plus, even though SF was bad recently, he gets the chance to take a pretty raw team and build a good team from the ground up. I was simply stating that if I were him watching Luck do what he does in college, I would love to get him on my NFL roster.
Gamecock Fan

United States

#82 Jan 12, 2011
Progress wrote:
Oh, the old "stabilize some ligaments" procedure. Everyone gets it at some point...never heard of it. The whole situation smells funny.
Um - you must not have ever played sports and hurt your ankle, been there had it done and I did not play past high school. Do us all a favor, just don't be ignorant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Bauserman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A mixed legacy for Pryor, for sure | BuckeyeXtra (Jun '11) Sep '13 Buckeye-Bashing B... 110
News Toledo eyes another big upset (Sep '11) Aug '12 PEE PEE PETE 105
News Ohio State's Luke Fickell Should Learn More in ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 fightfan 10
News Michigan Football: 5 Reasons Wolverines Will Fi... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Matt from Columbus 148
News Postgame thoughts (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bville Rob 1
News Buckeyes are in a rush to honor former Ohio Sta... (Oct '11) Oct '11 jocephus 1
News Buckeye Rewind: Buckeyes will build on this (Oct '11) Oct '11 Buckeye-Bashing B... 7
More from around the web