OSU football: Pryor undergoes foot su...

OSU football: Pryor undergoes foot surgery | BuckeyeXtra

There are 79 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 7, 2011, titled OSU football: Pryor undergoes foot surgery | BuckeyeXtra. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor is undergoing surgery today to repair an injury to his right foot that he suffered late in the fourth quarter of the Buckeyes' 31-26 victory over Arkansas on Tuesday night, an OSU spokesperson confirmed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Go Bucks

Rossford, OH

#1 Jan 7, 2011
Medical redshirt for senior season after 5 game suspension & come back in 12 ?
this is real change

Columbus, OH

#2 Jan 7, 2011
Did he trade his Sugar Bowl ring for a private room at the hospital?

Since: Oct 09

Wimberley, TX

#3 Jan 7, 2011
Go Bucks wrote:
Medical redshirt for senior season after 5 game suspension & come back in 12 ?
Interesting take.
fedup

Millersburg, OH

#5 Jan 7, 2011
Something tells me that one cannot avoid suspension with a redshirt.
If this were so he could just regular redshirt anyway.
And like he would stay for a 5th year.
Buckeye Mama

Columbus, OH

#6 Jan 7, 2011
TP, heal up quickly! We'll be sending you good thoughts for a speedy recovery. GO BUCKS!!!
buck-you

Columbus, OH

#8 Jan 7, 2011
Perhaps it is a typo, but I heard that the surgery was to extract Pryor's right foot from his mouth, an injury he sustained in a handoff of gold pants.
fedup

Millersburg, OH

#9 Jan 7, 2011
this is real change wrote:
Did he trade his Sugar Bowl ring for a private room at the hospital?
Boy the comedians are crawling out of the woodwork.
That the best you got?
fedup

Millersburg, OH

#10 Jan 7, 2011
The Great Ballzak wrote:
maybe he bit it when he had his foot in his mouth
Ah - another gem.
Florida Buckeye

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Jan 7, 2011
Good Luck Terrelle, Most of Buckeye Nation send our thanks for your great year and best wishes for a successful surgery,rehab and return to action. You and your 4 teammates will be missed ,but hopefully the depth we have will keep the W's running till you return. We expectnothing less than another Big Ten Championship and another BCS appearance at a minimum.Just follow the plan laid out by Coach Tress.
Buckeye Mama

Columbus, OH

#13 Jan 7, 2011
Some of you people are real jerks! The guy's having surgery. I hope for your sake that people treat you more kindly, should you ever face the same.
Shame on you! Feel better soon, TP!
BuckeyeSailor

Dublin, OH

#14 Jan 7, 2011
His gaffe notwithstanding, you never like to see a student athlete get hurt. Prayers for a speedy recovery, Pryor!
Anonymous

Nashville, TN

#15 Jan 7, 2011
I see the morons have started early with thier sutpid post. Terrell Pryor thank you for one hell of a game! I hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly! you gave you heart out there and that is all any real Buckeyes fan ask for. I am looking forward to next year. And i have no doubt that we are deep enough to be 5-0 when you return! Thanks for your apologies but no more are needed. You made a mistake that millions of 18-19 year old make all the time. You dont need to be crusified for bad judgement. I dont think in anyway it makes you less of a Buckeye due to a bone head mistake. I see your loyalty everytime you take the field. I see your loyalty in your record 30-3 as a starter. I see your loyalty in our 3-0 record against the team up north. I see your loyalty in your work ethic, your desire to get better, and the fact that you stayed around another year knowing that you wont have a full season to display your skills. People dont realize that even if you were a second or third round pick you would be a millionaire. If i am not mistaken there was a whole bunch of 2nd and 3rd rond QBs that played and started a few games in the NFL. Thanks for staying Terrelle you will only get better. If you get a chance to read this remeber to stay humble and never forget that you play for you and the team not the fans. There are some wacko, racist, idiots who know nothing about football that no matter how well you play will always find a way to be critical. Real fans laugh at thier stupid post. If you want to know if you have the Buckeye nation behind you just listen to the roar in the stadium. Buckeye nation is a family and we support our own. You belobng to us and we are better for it!! Go Buck!!
Crash and Burn

Mcdonough, GA

#16 Jan 7, 2011
TN Buckeyes wrote:
I see the morons have started early with thier sutpid post. Terrell Pryor thank you for one hell of a game! I hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly! you gave you heart out there and that is all any real Buckeyes fan ask for. I am looking forward to next year. And i have no doubt that we are deep enough to be 5-0 when you return! Thanks for your apologies but no more are needed. You made a mistake that millions of 18-19 year old make all the time. You dont need to be crusified for bad judgement. I dont think in anyway it makes you less of a Buckeye due to a bone head mistake. I see your loyalty everytime you take the field. I see your loyalty in your record 30-3 as a starter. I see your loyalty in our 3-0 record against the team up north. I see your loyalty in your work ethic, your desire to get better, and the fact that you stayed around another year knowing that you wont have a full season to display your skills. People dont realize that even if you were a second or third round pick you would be a millionaire. If i am not mistaken there was a whole bunch of 2nd and 3rd rond QBs that played and started a few games in the NFL. Thanks for staying Terrelle you will only get better. If you get a chance to read this remeber to stay humble and never forget that you play for you and the team not the fans. There are some wacko, racist, idiots who know nothing about football that no matter how well you play will always find a way to be critical. Real fans laugh at thier stupid post. If you want to know if you have the Buckeye nation behind you just listen to the roar in the stadium. Buckeye nation is a family and we support our own. You belobng to us and we are better for it!! Go Buck!!
Ummm...I think Terrelle already has a girlfriend.
Joe

Columbus, OH

#17 Jan 7, 2011
who cares!

Pryor stinks !
Alexandria

Columbus, OH

#18 Jan 7, 2011
bummer
Chucky

Dublin, OH

#19 Jan 7, 2011
He hurt his foot putting it up Arkansas backside!!!!!!
George

Hilliard, OH

#20 Jan 7, 2011
I wonder if this surgery if at Tax payers expense?
OSUBest

AOL

#21 Jan 7, 2011
I wish the haters would just curl up in a corner somewhere. We really don't need "fans" like you!
In truth, if you were fans, you would not act like you are. If you can't forgive 18 and 19 year old kids for something they did 2 years ago, then you have a problem. Too bad that your only identity is wrapped up in a bunch of kids so much that you can't live your own life.

To Terrell - Get better. You played a heck of a game and the true Buckeye Nation is with you all the way. You laid it all on the line this week and
we appreciate your effort. Can't wait for your return.
Arizona Buckeye

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Jan 7, 2011
Joe wrote:
who cares!
Pryor stinks !
Nope, Terrelle Rocks! You, on the other hand are a complete moron with the mental capacity of a small soap dish. Terrelle has a future, you will always be a complete moron with the mental capacity of a small soap dish with no hope to improve.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#23 Jan 7, 2011
this is real change wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh, Captain Obvious shows his true colors ... and they're not scarlet and gray!
Hey, you can't expect to throw low (although overused and stupid) blows and get a clean fight back. I just thought I would step into your world and comment on everything besides football on a football forum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Bauserman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A mixed legacy for Pryor, for sure | BuckeyeXtra (Jun '11) Sep '13 Buckeye-Bashing B... 110
News Toledo eyes another big upset (Sep '11) Aug '12 PEE PEE PETE 105
News Ohio State's Luke Fickell Should Learn More in ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 fightfan 10
News Michigan Football: 5 Reasons Wolverines Will Fi... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Matt from Columbus 148
News Postgame thoughts (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bville Rob 1
News Buckeyes are in a rush to honor former Ohio Sta... (Oct '11) Oct '11 jocephus 1
News Buckeye Rewind: Buckeyes will build on this (Oct '11) Oct '11 Buckeye-Bashing B... 7
More from around the web