Big Question: Ohio State's QB Position

There are 8 comments on the Nbc4i.com story from Jul 29, 2008, titled Big Question: Ohio State's QB Position. In it, Nbc4i.com reports that:

At this time last year, the biggest question for Jim Tressel and the Buckeyes was: Who will fill the starting role as quarterback? This season, despite the return of starting QB Todd Boeckman, the big question ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nbc4i.com.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 29, 2008
I actually think Bauserman and Pryor for next year is a good idea but this year we should leave in Boeckman because Pryor may be prone to mistakes being a freshman. Then again his raw talent may be the spark we need to actually win the NC this time so who am I to say lol.
Jim in Kent

Ravenna, OH

#2 Jul 29, 2008
Matt from Columbus wrote:
I actually think Bauserman and Pryor for next year is a good idea but this year we should leave in Boeckman because Pryor may be prone to mistakes being a freshman. Then again his raw talent may be the spark we need to actually win the NC this time so who am I to say lol.
Matt, the word I hear is that they might be working on some spread offensive schemes like Florida and Texas use to take advantage of Pryor's 4.4 speed. 6-6 and 230 with 4.4 speed is lights out. Think of what that would be like. Also, a friend of mine was at a luncheon the other day with Beanie Wells and said that he thought he was a DE or LB when he first saw him. He said he looked like a 6-3 Jamal Lewis. A monster. I see good things coming this year.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 29, 2008
I've also got inside on their defensive schemes that they've been drawing and I'm pretty excited about that. My friend I work with's brother is actually on the team. And when you mention the size and speed that reminds me of Vince Young!
Jim in Kent wrote:
<quoted text> Matt, the word I hear is that they might be working on some spread offensive schemes like Florida and Texas use to take advantage of Pryor's 4.4 speed. 6-6 and 230 with 4.4 speed is lights out. Think of what that would be like. Also, a friend of mine was at a luncheon the other day with Beanie Wells and said that he thought he was a DE or LB when he first saw him. He said he looked like a 6-3 Jamal Lewis. A monster. I see good things coming this year.
Jim in Kent

Ravenna, OH

#4 Jul 29, 2008
I've also got inside on their defensive schemes that they've been drawing and I'm pretty excited about that. My friend I work with's brother is actually on the team. And when you mention the size and speed that reminds me of Vince Young!
<quoted text>
One of the guys I work with was one of Tressel's half backs at Y'State. He still stays in touch with what's going on. He's the one that told me about Beanie. His take is that OSU will be a power house, particulary the Dee. I was worried about the DE's but he feels that we'll be even better there than last year. What do you hear?
Brutus

Ocala, FL

#5 Jul 29, 2008
Lawrence Wilson will be back at DE this year-he broke his leg early in the season last year. Doug Worthington getting arrested was a crappy distraction-but what they'll probably do is suspend him for a couple of the early games where they most likely will not need him.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 30, 2008
The defense has been switching positions to learn what the other player is doing. That means all the defensive players know all of the positions and where the other player is supposed to be. They will actually be more of a team defense much like you see in the pro's. They've had extra long practices to learn more attacking defense so they can actually utilize all of their talent. Instead of playing zone defense they are going to blitz from all angles at unpredictable times (with strategy of course). Watch out world this time OSU's got a real defensive strategy. I'd expect them to be as penetrating as the 02-03 defense and maybe even as good as the silver bullet defense.
Jim in Kent wrote:
<quoted text> One of the guys I work with was one of Tressel's half backs at Y'State. He still stays in touch with what's going on. He's the one that told me about Beanie. His take is that OSU will be a power house, particulary the Dee. I was worried about the DE's but he feels that we'll be even better there than last year. What do you hear?

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 30, 2008
I always thought he was even more of a beast than Vernon
Brutus wrote:
Lawrence Wilson will be back at DE this year-he broke his leg early in the season last year. Doug Worthington getting arrested was a crappy distraction-but what they'll probably do is suspend him for a couple of the early games where they most likely will not need him.
Brutus

Ocala, FL

#8 Jul 30, 2008
I always thought he was even more of a beast than Vernon
<quoted text>
Gholsten-was always a Beast. I don't know if Lawrence is that bad or not-he grew up in Akron-looks like a great guy !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Bauserman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A mixed legacy for Pryor, for sure | BuckeyeXtra (Jun '11) Sep '13 Buckeye-Bashing B... 110
News Toledo eyes another big upset (Sep '11) Aug '12 PEE PEE PETE 105
News Ohio State's Luke Fickell Should Learn More in ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 fightfan 10
News Michigan Football: 5 Reasons Wolverines Will Fi... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Matt from Columbus 148
News Postgame thoughts (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bville Rob 1
News Buckeyes are in a rush to honor former Ohio Sta... (Oct '11) Oct '11 jocephus 1
News Buckeye Rewind: Buckeyes will build on this (Oct '11) Oct '11 Buckeye-Bashing B... 7
More from around the web