Bigger, better: Ohio State runs past ...

Bigger, better: Ohio State runs past NMSU in blowout (3:10 p.m.)

There are 44 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Oct 31, 2009, titled Bigger, better: Ohio State runs past NMSU in blowout (3:10 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Bigger, stronger, faster and better. Much better. The Ohio State Buckeyes, that is, who tossed around the New Mexico State Aggies by a final score of 45-0 Saturday afternoon at Ohio Stadium.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
leonard

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Oct 31, 2009
I heard for the next home game, tickets are $2.00,free food, and a free pass to any high school game being payed. With that said no one should go to the game.If the team won't be there why should the fans.
Hoston

Pasadena, TX

#2 Oct 31, 2009
What I find interesting is the Aggies played Ohio State even up through the first quarter. I thought this would be 50 point game at the half.

The Buckeyes definitely ARE NOT for real.
A Witness

Newcomerstown, OH

#3 Oct 31, 2009
Who was the New Mexico State kid who cut the OSU kicker at the end of a kick-off? He probably ended the career of a Senior kicker who will miss his last chance to impress NFL scouts. A cheap thoughtless play, noted by everyone. It is one thing to be overmatched and another to deliberately try to injure an opponent.
That's the lasting image of the Aggies in Columbus.

“Close the Borders”

Since: Jun 08

Out in the County

#4 Oct 31, 2009
At least the Aggies made some money to be humiliated.

What is it normally called when some one sacrifices their self-dignity in exchange for money?

Pros .... prost..... damm ,,,, it's on the tip of my tongue.

What is that darn word?
leonard

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Oct 31, 2009
It starts with a P
Aggies Suck

Clovis, NM

#6 Oct 31, 2009
The offense should be humiliated. The defense came to play with a first quarter shut out and a turnover? If they werent on the field all game they'd be even better.

62 total years? Thats seriously terrible, I don't care how big the difference in talent is. I've never seen such a shitty offense in my life. At any level.
Richard

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Oct 31, 2009
Well they almost beat the point spread so at least that's something
fightfan

Delaware, OH

#8 Oct 31, 2009
Hoston wrote:
What I find interesting is the Aggies played Ohio State even up through the first quarter. I thought this would be 50 point game at the half.
Wow 12 yards to 148 is by no means playing it even you dumb ass.
fightfan

Delaware, OH

#9 Oct 31, 2009
Hoston wrote:
Talent of the depth chart and the wear on the Aggies would have been in the second half. They pulled Pryor and 1st team O at the half. If they would have played with emotion and less like it was a practice scrimmage than it would have been what ever the score they wanted it to be. OSU could have beat them 65 to nothing if they felt like it. Take you 800,000 dollars and get your sorry asses out of Columbus and thank us for your payday. Chumps don't even belong on the same field as OSU's scout team. Thank you N.M for the warm up for next week. I hope it was not too cold for you here.
Realist

Mexico

#10 Oct 31, 2009
The Buckeyes got their Halloween treat: the Aggies.

According to Brian Rolle, an OSU linebacker who scored a TD, Buckeyes Coach Jim Tressel told the team to go out and have some fun. They obviously did, especially the second and third stringers who played the second half.
AliceG

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Oct 31, 2009
And we're surprised because....

The university was paid $850,000 for that shellacking. Too bad NMSU athletics is over 8 million in the red. No worry. The 'ol boosters and state funding will continue to support this despicable program.

Still, I have faith Big Erma and McKinley Boston will squander the 850K.

Goooooooooooooooooooo Aggies!!!!!!!!!!
Dave

Van Wert, OH

#12 Oct 31, 2009
I wouldn't blame the offensive players for this season. Look at the play calling by Rosenbach; 3rd and 10= 3 yard pass, 3rd down after 3rd down.
Wag

Las Cruces, NM

#13 Oct 31, 2009
It's beyond a joke at this point; it's just sad.
Another Realist

Mexico

#14 Oct 31, 2009
Time to give some serious thought to moving to Division II.
Hoston

Pasadena, TX

#15 Oct 31, 2009
fightfan wrote:
<quoted text>Wow 12 yards to 148 is by no means playing it even you dumb ****.
Wow. fightfan, don't you know that where it counts is in the score? Yardage and time of possession are stats for fools, of which you qualify. And for your info, the first and last quarter were goose eggs for the might Shuckeyes against a terrible team like the Aggies. If you can't hang 80 on a pitiful program, there's something amiss. You gotta' be worried about that top 25 ranking. Don't be surprised at the end of the season when OSU isn't ranked anymore.

Face it. Ohio State University is the Poser U. of the Big 10. There are about four teams better in the conference. OSU = Overrated State University.
aggiefansince83

Farmington, NM

#16 Oct 31, 2009
It was Ohio State. What do you all expect? If you are talking about how NMSU should move to division II and all this then what about UNM? They are still on their quest for a perfect season.

Coach Walker has still performed a minor miracle to even win 3 games this year with the team we have. Mumme was a bad recruiter and it will take a few years for Walker to get some of his players in. If you are expecting the team to be competitive in one year you are a fool.
Jesus

United States

#17 Oct 31, 2009
"Against a team like Ohio State you've got to score some points," NMSU head coach DeWayne Walker said. "That's kind of been our nemesis the last three weeks."

How can Walker even open his mouth and make a comment like that. The Aggies dont do anything but run the ball and throw three yard passes. That hasnt worked so far as he says but yet that is all they continue to do. You put Walls in and instead of letting him throw the ball you continue to run the ball. Seriously, what do you possibly have to lose? You're already getting blown out why not actually try and play football instead of being a maricon
Hal Mumme

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Oct 31, 2009
Still, 63 yards of total offense by the sorry Aggies?! Who showed up to play? The Aggie football team from the class of 1960? Great Gobs of goose crap! At least get a stinking fieldgoal.......I am embarassed that this team is representing the state of NM. How does it feel Aggies to have your manhood taken away from you? Basically they bent over and took in the tail pipe. Ha ha ha ha..... Seems Walker went there with intention of laying down........ PLAY SOME DAMN FOOTBALL COACH OR GO TEACH A DAMN BASKET WEAVING CLASS YOU SISSY!

Since: Dec 08

Las Cruces, NM

#19 Oct 31, 2009
It's unrealistic to think that the Aggies could have been competitive this year, but the long term prospects aren't any better. There isn't a stream of talent coming in, things aren't looking much better for the next few years, and better play calling won't change the fact that they're outmatched talent wise on the field week after week. The athletic department is begging the community to send the team sack lunches, they can't pay people to come to games, come on, there never will be quality D-1 football played in Las Cruces, it doesn't matter who the coach is.

Let's stop kidding ourselves here, what happened today is something that has happened 99% of the time that NMSU has played quality opponents. You know things are bad when they still talk about how great it was to beat Arizona State "that one year."
MyWolve

United States

#22 Oct 31, 2009
A Witness wrote:
Who was the New Mexico State kid who cut the OSU kicker at the end of a kick-off? He probably ended the career of a Senior kicker who will miss his last chance to impress NFL scouts. A cheap thoughtless play, noted by everyone. It is one thing to be overmatched and another to deliberately try to injure an opponent.
That's the lasting image of the Aggies in Columbus.
i didn't see the flag on the play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Bauserman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A mixed legacy for Pryor, for sure | BuckeyeXtra (Jun '11) Sep '13 Buckeye-Bashing B... 109
News Toledo eyes another big upset (Sep '11) Aug '12 PEE PEE PETE 105
News Ohio State's Luke Fickell Should Learn More in ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 fightfan 10
News Michigan Football: 5 Reasons Wolverines Will Fi... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Matt from Columbus 148
News Postgame thoughts (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bville Rob 1
News Buckeyes are in a rush to honor former Ohio Sta... (Oct '11) Oct '11 jocephus 1
News Buckeye Rewind: Buckeyes will build on this (Oct '11) Oct '11 Buckeye-Bashing B... 7