BuckeyeXtra - Ohio State football: 'W...

BuckeyeXtra - Ohio State football: 'We're going out all barrels...

There are 52 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Oct 27, 2009, titled BuckeyeXtra - Ohio State football: 'We're going out all barrels.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Call this a glorified bye week if you want, just don't expect Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel to join the chorus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Brian

Austin, TX

#41 Oct 28, 2009
Can we see more of Martin?
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

Palm Bay, FL

#42 Oct 28, 2009
Buckeye31 wrote:
<quoted text>
We run the table and you eat crow!
We need more optimism to surround the Buckeye faithful. Tressel has always had the tools to beat great teams but didn't use them to well. We still have Penn State and Iowa. Come on Tressel, you can do it.
claw71

Dublin, OH

#43 Oct 28, 2009
Jim Tressel saying this resonates about as much as Richard Simmons threatening beat you up.

“CELL PHONE # 318-458-1492”

Since: Sep 09

TELEPHONE # - 318-686-7373

#44 Oct 28, 2009
When I saw, "Ohio State, We're Going......" on the thread title, I thought for sure it would say, "Ohio State, We're Going No Where Fast" LMAO!!!
Arizona Huey

Scottsdale, AZ

#45 Oct 28, 2009
I'm sorry but the only people that can beat Ohio State is Ohio State. If the line actually blocks, we hold on to the ball, play fundamentally sound football, and stop getting ridiculous penalties - we have the talent to beat PSU, Iowa, and the ugly helmet team. We did not do that against Purdue and we got beat. New Mexico State offers a great opportunity to capitalize on the confidence we got back last week. The best thing we could have starting November is our swagger back and the fair weather whiny fans to stfu.

GO BUCKEYES!!!

“CELL PHONE # 318-458-1492”

Since: Sep 09

TELEPHONE # - 318-686-7373

#46 Oct 28, 2009
But, dude!!!! Purdue was 1-5 going into the game with Ohio State......That sucks!!! Ohio State sucks to lose to a 1-5 team. Ohio State might play Tupelo Mississippi College and lose to them. Ohio State sucks and they are too slow to be classified college football. They better go back to sand lot football or backyard football with their big brothers being all time quarterback without them shoulder ma pads. Ohio State sucks, dude!!!!!!!! Get that through your little head of yours; okay? OHIO STATE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
Reese

Atlanta, GA

#47 Oct 29, 2009
I think the Bucks will win out. It will not be pretty but, I think they will pull it off. I have watched Iowa and Penn St a couple times this year. Neither team is an actual jugernaut. As long as the Bucks stay composed and do not get frustrated, they will prevail. The D and Terelle have a tendacy to get frustrated and lose focus.
Reese

Atlanta, GA

#48 Oct 29, 2009
DeathValley56 Ghost wrote:
But, dude!!!! Purdue was 1-5 going into the game with Ohio State......That sucks!!! Ohio State sucks to lose to a 1-5 team. Ohio State might play Tupelo Mississippi College and lose to them. Ohio State sucks and they are too slow to be classified college football. They better go back to sand lot football or backyard football with their big brothers being all time quarterback without them shoulder ma pads. Ohio State sucks, dude!!!!!!!! Get that through your little head of yours; okay? OHIO STATE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
Kinda like how the SEC teams are too slow for Utah, West Virginia, Michigan, etc? LOL. Seriously, I think you are correct when it comes to "team" speed. Our O linemen are slower. But when it comes to skilled positions, there is not much difference. The "perception" that Ohio St is slower is coming from personel being out of position and the bad angles they are taking.
Ghostryder

Galloway, OH

#49 Oct 30, 2009
Infalli-tressel wrote:
Ghost rider...PSU and Iowa on the schedule how realistic is winning out? Is the play calling going to improve that much? Iowa just lost their starting TB but will pick off TP like an apple tree. Possible loss to Michigan?? Hello Alamo bowl!
I said NEED to win out, not WE WILL win out. I understand the tough schedule looming in our future. As long as TP doesn`t remember how to throw the ball, or Tressle bottles up his playmaking ability, it will be a tough row to hoe. If Pryor is allowed to run at will, we might stand a chance. Our shining light is the Silver Bullets, but if TP keeps misfiring, we will run out of ammo. GO BUCKS !!!
Ghostryder

Galloway, OH

#50 Oct 30, 2009
Since when is, h*o*e, a gardening implement a banned word. Come on Topix
gfarria

Keller, TX

#51 Oct 31, 2009
the plateau is on the downward slope...hey, at least we get to go kick the crap out of new mexico state...LOL...what a joke!!!
Ghostryder

Galloway, OH

#52 Oct 31, 2009
We actually did get to kick the crap out of NMS. However I did notice that Pryor did not even come out with pads on for the start of the 2nd half. Seems he took too much abuse running the ball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Bauserman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A mixed legacy for Pryor, for sure | BuckeyeXtra (Jun '11) Sep '13 Buckeye-Bashing B... 110
News Toledo eyes another big upset (Sep '11) Aug '12 PEE PEE PETE 105
News Ohio State's Luke Fickell Should Learn More in ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 fightfan 10
News Michigan Football: 5 Reasons Wolverines Will Fi... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Matt from Columbus 148
News Postgame thoughts (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bville Rob 1
News Buckeyes are in a rush to honor former Ohio Sta... (Oct '11) Oct '11 jocephus 1
News Buckeye Rewind: Buckeyes will build on this (Oct '11) Oct '11 Buckeye-Bashing B... 7
More from around the web