BuckeyeXtra - Ohio State football: 'W...

BuckeyeXtra - Ohio State football: 'We're going out all barrels...

There are 52 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Oct 27, 2009, titled BuckeyeXtra - Ohio State football: 'We're going out all barrels.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Call this a glorified bye week if you want, just don't expect Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel to join the chorus.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ima idiott

Houston, TX

#1 Oct 27, 2009
Dear Coach Tressel:

I have been around football for 60 years and I know talent when I see it. The best running back you have and by far and away is Jermil Martin. I saw him run about 4 or 5 times against Minnesota and that is all I have to see. He's a "horse". He can carry the Buckeyes. Do the right thing. And I should know what I am talking about because Ima Idiott.
david mcconnell

Long Island City, NY

#2 Oct 27, 2009
I do not remember what happened to Jamal Berry from Florida that got into some trouble before the spring game. Is he still a Buckeye
Memphis

Memphis, TN

#3 Oct 27, 2009
Martin is the next Keith Byers!

Play the man!
Ron

San Jose, CA

#4 Oct 27, 2009
ima idiott wrote:
Dear Coach Tressel:
I have been around football for 60 years and I know talent when I see it. The best running back you have and by far and away is Jermil Martin. I saw him run about 4 or 5 times against Minnesota and that is all I have to see. He's a "horse". He can carry the Buckeyes. Do the right thing. And I should know what I am talking about because Ima Idiott.
Now if this rhetorically irenic and fine piece of persuasive, analytical excellence doesn't close your credibility gap nothing will.
Memphis

Memphis, TN

#5 Oct 27, 2009
Can't wait to see what Martin can do...Man was running like Clarett in 02...
cecilpack_piquao h

Fremont, OH

#6 Oct 27, 2009
we should play jb so he'll be ready when tp melts down
against penn.st.minn was like div 2 game.we still need
a change at qb
Buckeye to Bearcat

Dayton, OH

#7 Oct 27, 2009
Realistically, the Bucks can't take a victory over New Mexico St. for granted, particularly if they start TP. Sad but true.
Sports fan

Reynoldsburg, OH

#8 Oct 27, 2009
Jamaal Berry has a hamstring injury. He will probably be reshirted.
TrueBuckeyefan

Glenolden, PA

#9 Oct 27, 2009
david mcconnell wrote:
I do not remember what happened to Jamal Berry from Florida that got into some trouble before the spring game. Is he still a Buckeye
Yes he is my friend...he had surgery and is red-shirted til next season....
woody

United States

#10 Oct 27, 2009
huh??? wheres all the "they have a great team full of seniors" or "we know they are a really good team" or some other diengenous, cruddy, BS line from the coach???? It feels really weird not hearing all the rah-rah for NMSU as we usually hear when the sweater is talking about an upcoming high school opponent......maybe we should be worried.
buckeye

Seattle, WA

#11 Oct 27, 2009
Our O line is like a M*A*S*H unit. Why are all these guys getting hurt so often? It's bad enough they play like a bunch of girls, but when they play a different position every week, it's hard to get any consistency. Frustrating to see a bunch of 5 star linemen show up and instantly become fragile, China dolls with no mean streak whatsoever. Speaking of which, what happened to all of the talk about Boren bringing an attitude and fierceness to this group? I see nothing but 'ole' and swinging doors letting opposing D linemen t-off on TP.
Ghostryder

Columbus, OH

#12 Oct 27, 2009
Memphis wrote:
Martin is the next Keith Byers!
Play the man!
It doesn`t hurt that he wears the same number on his jersey!

Since: Oct 09

Akron, OH

#13 Oct 27, 2009
Buckeye to Bearcat wrote:
Realistically, the Bucks can't take a victory over New Mexico St. for granted, particularly if they start TP. Sad but true.
Are you kidding me? TP could beat New Mexico State with one receiver, and two lineman. I bet you are down in CinciTucky and you are drinking the "look how great the Bearcats are after one year" moonshine!

OSU would beat Cincinatti by two TDs now. Next year by 4 TDs!

Go Bucks...
Ghostryder

Columbus, OH

#14 Oct 27, 2009
Memphis wrote:
Can't wait to see what Martin can do...Man was running like Clarett in 02...
As long as he keeps runnin` and not gunnin` like Clarette
Ghostryder

Columbus, OH

#15 Oct 27, 2009
Buckeyes need to win out. I want to see a January 1st Bowl Game matchup between The Ohio State Buckeyes and the Cincinnati Bearcats. Let`s settle it on the field. We will DOT both of their I`s!!! Not with a Sousaphone player though.
Infalli-tressel

United States

#16 Oct 27, 2009
Okay coach, It looks like we have had talent on the bench again you missed.
Regards, Craig krenzel and Troy smith. Please take the YSU AD job.
Infalli-tressel

United States

#17 Oct 27, 2009
Ghost rider...PSU and Iowa on the schedule how realistic is winning out? Is the play calling going to improve that much? Iowa just lost their starting TB but will pick off TP like an apple tree. Possible loss to Michigan?? Hello Alamo bowl!
Guy Average

Columbus, OH

#18 Oct 27, 2009
sheesh....this must mean we'll run both left AND right....
Buckeye31

Caldwell, NJ

#19 Oct 27, 2009
buckeye wrote:
Our O line is like a M*A*S*H unit. Why are all these guys getting hurt so often? It's bad enough they play like a bunch of girls, but when they play a different position every week, it's hard to get any consistency. Frustrating to see a bunch of 5 star linemen show up and instantly become fragile, China dolls with no mean streak whatsoever. Speaking of which, what happened to all of the talk about Boren bringing an attitude and fierceness to this group? I see nothing but 'ole' and swinging doors letting opposing D linemen t-off on TP.
509 yards v. Minnie, not the greatest defense, but certainly didn't play like a buinch of girls. Watch when we pass and count. If you get to 4 or 5 seconds, then that's enough time, more than enough time. Also, great runningbacks make lines look good. We really haven't had a great runningback since Pittman (yes, I know, you're thinking Beanie Wells, well, he's not a great runningback). QBs also have a great effect on how good a line looks. TP has been indecisive and when he scrambles, it's often right into a defender. Didn't see that last week and, viola, the line looked better!!! By the way, quit your cryin, you big baby!
Buckeye31

Caldwell, NJ

#20 Oct 27, 2009
Infalli-tressel wrote:
Ghost rider...PSU and Iowa on the schedule how realistic is winning out? Is the play calling going to improve that much? Iowa just lost their starting TB but will pick off TP like an apple tree. Possible loss to Michigan?? Hello Alamo bowl!
We run the table and you eat crow!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Bauserman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A mixed legacy for Pryor, for sure | BuckeyeXtra (Jun '11) Sep '13 Buckeye-Bashing B... 110
News Toledo eyes another big upset (Sep '11) Aug '12 PEE PEE PETE 105
News Ohio State's Luke Fickell Should Learn More in ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 fightfan 10
News Michigan Football: 5 Reasons Wolverines Will Fi... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Matt from Columbus 148
News Postgame thoughts (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bville Rob 1
News Buckeyes are in a rush to honor former Ohio Sta... (Oct '11) Oct '11 jocephus 1
News Buckeye Rewind: Buckeyes will build on this (Oct '11) Oct '11 Buckeye-Bashing B... 7
More from around the web