Ohio State football: Spring game puts...

Ohio State football: Spring game puts offense in spotlight | Bu...

There are 28 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 24, 2010, titled Ohio State football: Spring game puts offense in spotlight | Bu.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

After flopping around like fish on dry land last week, Ohio State's offensive players are hoping for a better showing today in the spring game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dude

Waxhaw, NC

#1 Apr 24, 2010
"quote" After flopping around like fish on dry land last week, Ohio State's offensive players are hoping for a better showing today in the spring game."end
quote"

Hhhhhmmmmmmm......Is this an appology before the
practice even begins??
Brutus

Toledo, OH

#2 Apr 24, 2010
Looks like the rain will be gone by the start of the game. Can't wait to be in the Shoe again. Maybe we will get a good crowd today around 60K peeps?
Richard

Tiffin, OH

#3 Apr 24, 2010
Hmm... poor line play and poor QB play??? What year is this??? Oh.. any year as long as JIM BOLLMAN and NICK what's his face are allowed to coach at this level...... Just think how strong OSU football would be if we had REAL COACHES at this important positions!
OkieBuck

Owasso, OK

#4 Apr 24, 2010
Brutus wrote:
Looks like the rain will be gone by the start of the game. Can't wait to be in the Shoe again. Maybe we will get a good crowd today around 60K peeps?
I'm jealous Brutus since I will be up to my elbows in mulch and triming hedges. Have a good one and please report back with your take on the scrimmage.
The Anti-Brutus

Blacklick, OH

#5 Apr 24, 2010
I hope it pours and fill the shoe to the top. Can't we have even 1 day without buckeye this or that? I'd even settle for a blue jacket article.
Tony

Sierra Vista, AZ

#6 Apr 24, 2010
No one sticks the paper in your face and forces you to read Buckeye articles, do they anti-brutus? I would think anyone who hates Ohio State might have half a brain and not read about them....much less take more time to write derogatory comments. Obviously not.
BigTenNetwork

United States

#7 Apr 24, 2010
Gotta love the BTN. I get to watch the game today. Now I can only hope Texas joins the Big Ten so I can give my friends a hard time when we beat the 'Horns every year!!!!
The Anti-Brutus

Blacklick, OH

#8 Apr 24, 2010
Tony wrote:
No one sticks the paper in your face and forces you to read Buckeye articles, do they anti-brutus? I would think anyone who hates Ohio State might have half a brain and not read about them....much less take more time to write derogatory comments. Obviously not.
Voicing the Truth is never popular, especially in the land of the buckeye. Can sanity reign, even for 1 day, in Columbus? Doubtful. Tony, isn't it time for you to don your sweater-vest and prepare for THE GAME? I'd hate for you to be late for church.
GReg

Cambridge, MA

#9 Apr 24, 2010
Any way to watch or listen to the game online? I don't have BTN and don't live in columbus.
The Anti-Brutus

Blacklick, OH

#10 Apr 24, 2010
GReg wrote:
Any way to watch or listen to the game online? I don't have BTN and don't live in columbus.
Services will be covered on WBNS-FM 97.1 and WBNS-AM 1460.
On the bright side THE BUCKS are guaranteed a win.
Justin Ighur

Carlsbad, CA

#11 Apr 24, 2010
OkieBuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm jealous Brutus since I will be up to my elbows in mulch and triming hedges. Have a good one and please report back with your take on the scrimmage.
Don't feel badly, OkieBuck. You sound like you have a better perspective on life, or maybe that you indeed have a life, considering you're actually doing a productive Spring activity and enjoying nature on a beautiful day rather than living vicariously through watching a practice for an Autumn sport. It's Springtime and there are better things to do.

Not that I'm bitter like anti-buckeye or decry the coverage, because I like OSU football but there is too much emphasis placed on a glorified non-game and I feel a little sorry for some of the fans whose lives are so lacking that they need to hang onto every little news about a seasonal sport even when it's not in season.
TressRules

Columbus, OH

#12 Apr 24, 2010
Tony wrote:
No one sticks the paper in your face and forces you to read Buckeye articles, do they anti-brutus? I would think anyone who hates Ohio State might have half a brain and not read about them....much less take more time to write derogatory comments. Obviously not.
agreed
TressRules

Columbus, OH

#13 Apr 24, 2010
Our o line is always slow to gel. Remember last year? We were chronically in 2nd and 9. But we always pull together and win the big ten.(not sure what this says about the big 10)

I do wish the o line would be more prepared earlier on. I must agree that Bollman needs a nice desk job in the sports ed dept.
GATOR GARY

Tampa, FL

#14 Apr 24, 2010
I remember last August when St Thomas Aquinas High School (South Fl Area) came to "The Shoe" and played your great Upeer Arlington Golden Bears. I believe Aquinas won by over 40pts. The Florida High Football All-Stars will again be traveling to play the California Football All-Stars (we lead the series) in June. You Ohio Football Fans should watch that game, maybe the talent level in that game will demonstrate to you why OSU is Florida's and California's patsy. GO GATORS!!! GO SEC!!!
The Anti-Brutus

Blacklick, OH

#15 Apr 24, 2010
TressRules wrote:
<quoted text>
agreed
Could you and Tony please get a room? Your pda is disgusting!

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#16 Apr 24, 2010
The Anti-Brutus wrote:
<quoted text>
Voicing the Truth is never popular, especially in the land of the buckeye. Can sanity reign, even for 1 day, in Columbus? Doubtful. Tony, isn't it time for you to don your sweater-vest and prepare for THE GAME? I'd hate for you to be late for church.
Sanity? The guy proved a very valid point. Nobody forces you to click on the OSU Football Blog and comment about it. If you are too stupid to figure out that he was right in what he said, I feel sorry for you and those around you.
The Anti-Brutus

Blacklick, OH

#17 Apr 24, 2010
Well, look at that - the buckeyes lost! Imagine that! HAHAHAHAHA

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#18 Apr 24, 2010
GATOR GARY wrote:
I remember last August when St Thomas Aquinas High School (South Fl Area) came to "The Shoe" and played your great Upeer Arlington Golden Bears. I believe Aquinas won by over 40pts. The Florida High Football All-Stars will again be traveling to play the California Football All-Stars (we lead the series) in June. You Ohio Football Fans should watch that game, maybe the talent level in that game will demonstrate to you why OSU is Florida's and California's patsy. GO GATORS!!! GO SEC!!!
Dude, you live in a state the length of Ohio to Georgia and are rooting about a high school football team, pretty pathetic if you ask me.
JSB05

West Milton, OH

#19 Apr 24, 2010
I think it's really funny that a University of Cincinnati player, Mardy Gilyard, got drafted before a Slowhio State Thugeye did. So much for all that great talent! Good old Thuggeous Gibson won't last long in the NFL with his felonious assaults disguised as tackles. Pretty soon, he will be in the pokey making my license plate just like your fellow Luckeye Clarett did.

The other fun part of watching this draft is seeing so many Suckeyes on the highlight films of the other players getting drafted. Seems like so many people are going to get paid so many millions because of the great plays they made against your beloved Suckeyes.

An awful lot of scarlet still left on the draft board. I guess after all those NFL flops in recent years like Two-Ton Troy and so many others, NFL teams have finally realized how useless it is to draft a player from Cowtown.
Dannawally

Toledo, OH

#20 Apr 24, 2010
Looks to me like Joe Bauserman is a solid #3 QB. The Freshman looked much better today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Bauserman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A mixed legacy for Pryor, for sure | BuckeyeXtra (Jun '11) Sep '13 Buckeye-Bashing B... 110
News Toledo eyes another big upset (Sep '11) Aug '12 PEE PEE PETE 105
News Ohio State's Luke Fickell Should Learn More in ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 fightfan 10
News Michigan Football: 5 Reasons Wolverines Will Fi... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Matt from Columbus 148
News Postgame thoughts (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bville Rob 1
News Buckeyes are in a rush to honor former Ohio Sta... (Oct '11) Oct '11 jocephus 1
News Buckeye Rewind: Buckeyes will build on this (Oct '11) Oct '11 Buckeye-Bashing B... 7
More from around the web