Three points | BuckeyeXtra

Three points | BuckeyeXtra

There are 3 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Oct 2, 2010, titled Three points | BuckeyeXtra. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Ohio State running back Brandon Saine. QB Terrelle Pryor out-rushed him in total yards 104-95, but with Pryor hurting when the Buckeyes needed tough yards on clock-eating drives in the fourth quarter, they turned exclusively to Herron.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

BucksGrind

Columbus, OH

#1 Oct 3, 2010
A lot of 'chicken littles' nervous about polls and low scores.

Winning a close game, on the road is invaluable for the Bucks. Blowouts don't prepare you for tough games.

The Bucks will be glad to have this game under their belts later.
Laenenaud

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Oct 3, 2010
Brandon Saine and Joe Bauserman are not the answer. Let's give it to the youngsters. Seems to be working for other teams across the nation.
Mike in Raleigh

Cary, NC

#3 Oct 3, 2010
BucksGrind wrote:
A lot of 'chicken littles' nervous about polls and low scores.
Winning a close game, on the road is invaluable for the Bucks. Blowouts don't prepare you for tough games.
The Bucks will be glad to have this game under their belts later.
Illinois, though not always, is more often than not a very tough customer to deal with. ILL seems to make OSU struggle on offense in converse proportion to how good a team the Illini have. This year was no exception and I expected a tough game. Glad to get out of there without having to go into OT or worse. Indiana, OTOH, seems to roll over against us; I don't expect a real close game next week. At least 17 points cushion.
TP's quad strain will nag him the rest of the year. Though TP is courageous to tough it out, it's time to get a back-up ready to play significant minutes.
As for the running game, there are some more creative sets that can be called besides I-formation off left guard. How about some play calls that give Boom and Brandon a chance?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Bauserman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A mixed legacy for Pryor, for sure | BuckeyeXtra (Jun '11) Sep '13 Buckeye-Bashing B... 110
News Toledo eyes another big upset (Sep '11) Aug '12 PEE PEE PETE 105
News Ohio State's Luke Fickell Should Learn More in ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 fightfan 10
News Michigan Football: 5 Reasons Wolverines Will Fi... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Matt from Columbus 148
News Postgame thoughts (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bville Rob 1
News Buckeyes are in a rush to honor former Ohio Sta... (Oct '11) Oct '11 jocephus 1
News Buckeye Rewind: Buckeyes will build on this (Oct '11) Oct '11 Buckeye-Bashing B... 7
More from around the web