BuckeyeXtra - Inside the Beat: How mu...

BuckeyeXtra - Inside the Beat: How much optimism is warranted?

There are 62 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Oct 26, 2009, titled BuckeyeXtra - Inside the Beat: How much optimism is warranted?. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

As Ohio State dives into this off week -- that is, a week off from the Big Ten schedule with New Mexico State coming to town -- the Buckeyes do so coming off one of their more dominant wins of the season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Buckeye Bill

Commercial Point, OH

#63 Oct 29, 2009
Death Valley; your info is 100% accurate, Ohio State has not fared well VS the SEC as a whole. My statement stands....The SEC does not travel outside it's conference very often.
The statement about SEC officiating stands on it's own.
While it is my belief that the SEC as a whole doesn't like to travel outside the SEC, I can't remember them traveling to the North to play lately.
I do remember a home and home series with LSU, maybe 87 & 88, when the SEC played in Ohio Stadium..I believe we tied @ LSU and won in Ohio Stadium, they were good games, but SEC teams don't stray too far away from SEC country. Maybe the climate.
buckeye in Phoenix

Phoenix, AZ

#64 Oct 29, 2009
DeathValley56 Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAOROTF!!!!!!!
What you don't account for is the failure of the South East Chickens to leave their region and play us up north. LSU beat us in essentially a home game for them. That's real fair. Meanwhile, a mediocre OSU team beat a good LSU team in 1988 in the Shoe. I'm looking forward to Tennessee's visit to the Shoe in a few years. I wish the rest of the SEC programs weren't so chicken shit. Georgia's game in AZ last year marked their first road game outside of the region (800 miles) in 41 years. That's embarassing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Bauserman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A mixed legacy for Pryor, for sure | BuckeyeXtra (Jun '11) Sep '13 Buckeye-Bashing B... 110
News Toledo eyes another big upset (Sep '11) Aug '12 PEE PEE PETE 105
News Ohio State's Luke Fickell Should Learn More in ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 fightfan 10
News Michigan Football: 5 Reasons Wolverines Will Fi... (Oct '11) Dec '11 Matt from Columbus 148
News Postgame thoughts (Nov '11) Nov '11 Bville Rob 1
News Buckeyes are in a rush to honor former Ohio Sta... (Oct '11) Oct '11 jocephus 1
News Buckeye Rewind: Buckeyes will build on this (Oct '11) Oct '11 Buckeye-Bashing B... 7
More from around the web