Boise ramps up BCS status - Hawaii Sports

Full story: Honolulu Star-Bulletin

If voters who hold Boise State's BCS future in their hands wanted a statement, the Broncos sure gave them one.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
from the mainland

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

WELL MAC, IS IT TIME TOO WORRY NOW?
ANOTHER EMBARASSING LOSS AT HOME.
Locoboi -East Side

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

It just shows the disparity of the 2 teams. Next year will probably be the same.
Barry O

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Judged:

I hope everyone followed my advise from last week's post and made $15k with Boise State -24.5!

If you didn't you'll have a second chance when UH plays Nevada.

Nevada's Offense is way more lethal than Boise State.

UH is PUTRID this year. It almost seems like the players AND the coaches have given up on the season.
Steve

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Judged:

Hawaii is 2-5. How does this help Boise State all that much? Compare it to TCU's win vs. BYU.
Gator Fan X

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Locoboi -East Side wrote:
It just shows the disparity of the 2 teams. Next year will probably be the same.
Try at least the next decade, or better yet forever!
b yamamoto

Kailua Kona, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Judged:

Coach Mack, over a million dollars a year. about $83,000 a month, $20,800 a week, divided by 5 days a week= $4,166 a day. Divided by 8 hours workday is $520 an hour we pay him. Is he worth $520 an hour plus benefits, and our teachers all get furloughed.
Locoboi -East Side

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Gator Fan X wrote:
<quoted text>
Try at least the next decade, or better yet forever!
sorry- or until the program gets serious
makaiman

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Don't cry Hawai'i.. we're stuck with Glanville (Jerry) for another year!
satch7

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Judged:

Boise St. shellacking of Hawaii REALLY DOESN'T HELP THEM AT ALL. HOW does it help Boise beating up on the 18th worse Div. 1 football team in the nation. Hawaii played like they were ranked No. 1 in the Bottom Ten of the worse football team in Div. 1. They were pathetic, shameful, and an embarrassment and I am, for one, tired of listening to the putric excuses of turnovers, penalties, missed opportunites, key players getting injured....in reality, we are halfway through the season and Hawaii has gotten progressively worse in ALL PHASES OF THE GAME. It doesn't matter if the other team knows Hawaii is going to pass 99% of the time cuz when Jones was the coach, his offense was so well drilled and precise that they could pass on anybody and that included USC, Alabama, etc....etc... the difference between a Jones coached team and a Mac coached team is so widespread that it is almost a comedic tragedy to see this disparity. The coaching staff is led by an assisstant coach or a coordinator as Mack IS DEFINITELY NOT A HEAD COACH and REALLY IS UNABLE TO OVERSEE BOTH OFFENSE AND DEFENSE. He needs to step down for the better of the program so UH CAN GO OUT AND GET A REAL HEAD COACH. last nite's performance was so HORRIBLE that it reminded me of the VON APPEN DAYS OF EMBARRASSMENT. Please don't even try to rebut any of my critical comments because a picture is worth a thousand words and last nite's performance speaks for itself. Nothing more-nothing less.
you said it

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

I am a huge UH fan and I should have bet on Boise! I would have walked away with some cash! I just couldn't find it in my heart to bet! But you're right. It does look like the team as a whole has given up on this season...and what does that boil down to? Coaching and lack of motivation! We'll see if my heart can take it when we play Nevada.
Aloha
Barry O wrote:
I hope everyone followed my advise from last week's post and made $15k with Boise State -24.5!
If you didn't you'll have a second chance when UH plays Nevada.
Nevada's Offense is way more lethal than Boise State.
UH is PUTRID this year. It almost seems like the players AND the coaches have given up on the season.
you said it

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Judged:

Let's keep things in perspective please. We all want UH to win but remember that Boise is a legit top 5 team this year. We were supposed to get spanked! Nobody said nothing a few years ago when we got spanked from USC. Let's not be like the rest of the US and not give Boise their due. They are a solid football team and we all know where we stand this year.
million dollar coach

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

makaiman wrote:
Don't cry Hawai'i.. we're stuck with Glanville (Jerry) for another year!
Let's put two of them together - they would make hell of a defensive coaching team.
Curran shys away

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

a caller asked Bobby Curran ... who is to be held accountable... Bobby did the two step all the way through the call and never answered the question.. what are you afraid of Bobby??? Are you protecting someone...
GarryWaianae

Maunaloa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Judged:

Curran shys away wrote:
a caller asked Bobby Curran ... who is to be held accountable... Bobby did the two step all the way through the call and never answered the question.. what are you afraid of Bobby??? Are you protecting someone...
Bobby is just a mouthpiece for U of H because he works for them indirectly
Taxpayer

Kapolei, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Judged:

McCheeseBurgerMackin, please show dignity by resigning. You are overpaid and a poor child role model by being overweight. Quit now!!
GarryWaianae

Maunaloa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

I heard the a mouthpiece of U of H and the WAC Bobby Curran state last week there was no way that TCU could jump past Boise State in the BCS Poll this year. Well Bobby I think you missed that one, because TCU is number 6 and Boise State is number 7. Talk about no respect for Hawaii beat us 54-9 and it moves you from 4th to 7th in the BCS.
But have you ever heard Bobby really be critical U of H football or basketball?
Barry O

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Curran would never say a bad thing about UH Athletics. He knows who puts food on his table. It is the product of being in an ultra-small sports media market.
Iosepa85

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

im a total die hard UH Fan but dammmmmmmmn we stink.We need to kick mac in his okole.doesn't he see we are a sinking ship.I gave him a chance but now i need him to remove himself.I will always be down to support my bruddahs trowin da pigskin.but they have no leader to lead dem,awwww dat sucks.My fellow warrior fans we will stand proud and hope for change.GO WARRIORS!GO GREEN!
satch7

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Loser wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why McMacklin the coach should have done everyone, including himself a favor and thrown in the towel as to avoid embarrassing the team! At least the score would have been more "respectable"...14 to 0 rather than 54 to 9!
Besides, Mack could have made one of many excuses that throwing in the towel is part of saving money for the State's shortfall. It would put the current crisis of Hawaii on National television where our spineless good-for-nothing legislatures would be in the spot light, which they like **** roaches are so afraid of being!
Maybe some good would come out of it!
You are so right in your comments. Ha...ha....we have to get together for lunch and commisurate in our sorrow over that pathetic football team and head coach.....ha...
DADDY LAU

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Judged:

We need a new coach!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jeron Johnson Discussions

Search the Jeron Johnson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Johnson named to Lott Trophy Watch List (Apr '10) Apr '10 joe 2
Warrior Replay - Hawaii Sports (Oct '09) Oct '09 Alice 20
Warrior Replay - Sports News (Oct '09) Oct '09 nice 3
Boise State shows Hawaii who's boss - Sports News (Oct '09) Oct '09 Kaipo 11
Kellen Moore throws 5 TD passes to lead No. 6 B... (Oct '09) Oct '09 MsFancyFace10 2
Boise ramps up BCS status - Sports News (Oct '09) Oct '09 Maa 1
Miami Ohio Boise St Football (Sep '09) Sep '09 Ruger 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••