Weis switches quarterbacks

Weis switches quarterbacks

There are 29 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 16, 2007, titled Weis switches quarterbacks. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Evan Sharpley will start at quarterback for Notre Dame against No. 13 Southern California, making the junior the third starting signal-caller for the Fighting Irish this season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shelly Dubinski

Princeton, IN

#27 Oct 16, 2007
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it not Tyrone Willingham who was at the helm in 2003 after a 10-3 season. He finished that year at 5-6. Then it was Tyrone again who was 6-5 in 2004.
My point is Charlie has had one bad year out of 3. If next year is the same as this, then we obviously know he wasn't the answer.
What are you smoking Mr. Obvious? Charlie is 1-6 in his 3rd year. Except for the gift from UCLA, they deserve to be 0-7. Clausen is a 20 yr. old freshman who enrolled "early" in Dec. and played in spring ball. Don't tell us it takes Charlie nearly a year to figure out Sharpley is a player and the team respects and responds to him.
revolt

AOL

#28 Oct 16, 2007
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it not Tyrone Willingham who was at the helm in 2003 after a 10-3 season. He finished that year at 5-6. Then it was Tyrone again who was 6-5 in 2004.
My point is Charlie has had one bad year out of 3. If next year is the same as this, then we obviously know he wasn't the answer.
we don't need a crystal ball to figure this one out. charlie's not the guy. the csc's have a real knack for hiring a mediocre coach hanging onto them too long and repeating the process several times. nebraska has seen the light. watch how they will bring back that program. nd should be so lucky! chuck charlie, NOW
Ar more

Noblesville, IN

#29 Oct 16, 2007
Lou Holtz is the most biasest bastard I have seen. He thinks ND is unstoppable every year and will not be open minded about anything. I don't know why Espn even keeps him employed.
IPS graduates 52 percent

Marysville, OH

#30 Oct 17, 2007
Football Fan wrote:
Why is it that no one is screaming for Weis' job the same way they are screaming for Sampsons job.
Two words...NCAA violations.
Chris

Wilmington, NC

#31 Oct 17, 2007
revolt wrote:
<quoted text>
we don't need a crystal ball to figure this one out. charlie's not the guy. the csc's have a real knack for hiring a mediocre coach hanging onto them too long and repeating the process several times. nebraska has seen the light. watch how they will bring back that program. nd should be so lucky! chuck charlie, NOW
Then go work at Nebraska. Or put your name in the hat to replace K. White. That way, you'll always get who you want to be the head coach at ND.
Chris

Wilmington, NC

#32 Oct 17, 2007
Shelly Dubinski wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you smoking Mr. Obvious? Charlie is 1-6 in his 3rd year. Except for the gift from UCLA, they deserve to be 0-7. Clausen is a 20 yr. old freshman who enrolled "early" in Dec. and played in spring ball. Don't tell us it takes Charlie nearly a year to figure out Sharpley is a player and the team respects and responds to him.
A gift from UCLA? Come on Shelly, you know you had your ND jacket on during that game, and wish that ABC would've shown it that night instead of P U vs. OSU. Don't lie.

Have you heard the story as to why Jimmy is so old to be just a freshman? He started school late and was held back in 6th grade because his parents wanted him to mature both academically and on the football field.

and he graduated in Dec. He enrolled in January, which means he hasn't even been on campus for an entire year yet.
revolt

AOL

#33 Oct 17, 2007
chrissy

more excuses and apology's for nd. that's all you can do. when charlie goes we hope he takes you with him. chuck charlie, NOW
Chris

Wilmington, NC

#34 Oct 17, 2007
revolt wrote:
chrissy
more excuses and apology's for nd. that's all you can do. when charlie goes we hope he takes you with him. chuck charlie, NOW
How's that an excuse or an apology. If you wanna know the truth, ND could hire Pete Carroll as their next head coach, and I will follow him whether he goes 12-0 or 0-12 every year. It doesn't matter to me who's calling the shots at ND because I'm with them no matter what.

How's that for an excuse? And you're not hurting my feelings for misspelling my name. I've been called worse by my Drill Instructors many years ago

“USA”

Since: Jan 07

USA

#35 Oct 17, 2007
Ar more wrote:
Lou Holtz is the most biasest bastard I have seen. He thinks ND is unstoppable every year and will not be open minded about anything. I don't know why Espn even keeps him employed.
They have him there to balance all the USC and Fla kiss aasss would be sportscasters and remind people like you of the great ND legacy that he helped build.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Aldridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Minnesotan hopes his rugby academy will help ... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Leavemeoutofit 11
News Notre Dame Football: Floyd ahead of schedule bu... (Oct '09) Oct '09 jim in arizona 2
News Weis: Michael Floyd may be back (Oct '09) Oct '09 BigDan 1
News Hughes fills in superbly for Notre Dame (Oct '09) Oct '09 BigDan 1
News Notre Dame turns to Plan B already (Sep '09) Sep '09 jim in arizona 3
News Notre Dame's Weis spots defensive flaws (Sep '09) Sep '09 BigDan 3
News The Fight Of The Irish Both on and off The Field (Sep '09) Sep '09 SEC fan for Life 5