What will happen to Penn State footba...

What will happen to Penn State football? NCAA decision tomorrow

There are 26 comments on the PennLive.com story from Jul 22, 2012, titled What will happen to Penn State football? NCAA decision tomorrow. In it, PennLive.com reports that:

The NCAA , the governing body of college sports, could go as far as issuing a "death penalty," killing the Nittany Lion football program for a year or more.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PennLive.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
truebuckeye fan

United States

#1 Jul 22, 2012
No football for the next 3 years. Let all the players transfer to other schools. The price for looking the other way while children were raped and damaged forever.....in fact, ban the football program for life, since they didn't care
Ruger16

Phenix City, AL

#2 Jul 22, 2012
truebuckeye fan wrote:
No football for the next 3 years. Let all the players transfer to other schools. The price for looking the other way while children were raped and damaged forever.....in fact, ban the football program for life, since they didn't care
I agree. SMU got the proverbial CFB death penalty for much less.
PSU tried to protect their brand instead of the kids. Its sick.
I used to be a big Joe Pa admirer. There is a special place in hell for him now Im sure.
And all those big power people (you know the same ones who ordered people around arrogantly) who have also commited the crimes need to see a lot of time behind bars.
The corruption at that school is sickening!
Community Disorganizer

Florham Park, NJ

#3 Jul 23, 2012
The egomaniac and megalomaniac JoPa destroyed Penn State football a long time ago when he refused to retire, dragging the whole state down with him. The rest of the Paternos should be tarred, feathered, and run out of Happy Valley on a rail; they're a disgrace! To bad they can't be sued into poverty.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#5 Jul 23, 2012
I feel, the NCAA came down, just a tad too harsh on Penn State football.....not sure about, negating past wins or what that's about....the reduction of scholarships is deadly to a program.....that will do the most damage.....
Bob

Williston, VT

#8 Jul 23, 2012
Why does the NCAA feel their can take 60M from the state of PA? I have no problem with the victims suing
and I hope they do and win....but why is the NCAA picking their pockets? I don't care about what other things the NCAA wants to do....but taking the 60M is just greet.
The Ohio State

Martinsburg, WV

#9 Jul 23, 2012
My only regret is that Paterno didn't live long enough to see all the shame and humiliation he caused Penn State and that he didn't get to listen to what the victims had to say when their court date appears.

Of course I am assuming that he and Hitler are sharing a bunk together in HELL! I hope when Sandusky gets there he remembers to tell him about the statue coming down.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#10 Jul 23, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
I feel, the NCAA came down, just a tad too harsh on Penn State football.....not sure about, negating past wins or what that's about....the reduction of scholarships is deadly to a program.....that will do the most damage.....
I feel the NCAA didn't come down hard enough imo. I had a lot of respect for JoPa till now. And to allow that to go on and look the other way is beyond my belief. Penn St shouldn't be allowed to play football at all for a few years imo. I don't want you to think I hate Big 10 Football because I don't just the crime here. I would feel the same if it was Georgia or Bear Bryant imo.

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#11 Jul 23, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
That is unless you are a powerhouse tradition like USC that cant be beaten by NCAA badgering!

USC RECORD DURING SANCTIONS: 18-6
WE FIGHT ON AND WIN
sportsfan

Cleveland, OH

#13 Jul 23, 2012
Not against the NCAA, the fine iis going to be put to good use. It will he'll build and maintain abuse against children centers.
I think the big ten should drop them as well. Now for the current players, they should be given a pass to enroll at another school with no penalty.

Penn state will never be the same again, it will take 100 yrs or more, and that generation will just know it as a scandal, but we for now know it as horrible. Joe should have yanked sandusky by the ears, and bbooted his butt out when he first heard about it. Too bad for joe, he was too consumed in his football, and that's sad, because he was a great coach.

Since: Jun 12

United States

#15 Jul 24, 2012
Bob wrote:
Why does the NCAA feel their can take 60M from the state of PA? I have no problem with the victims suing
and I hope they do and win....but why is the NCAA picking their pockets? I don't care about what other things the NCAA wants to do....but taking the 60M is just greet.
I agree. Honestly 60 mil? That is a bit much. Why take that much.? People just want the money.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#16 Jul 24, 2012
Bethany Wiczalkowski wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Honestly 60 mil? That is a bit much. Why take that much.? People just want the money.
That anmount was the figure, the PSU football program takes in, in one season....
Laughing Bear Fan

Commerce City, CO

#17 Jul 24, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Now on to other hotbeds of corruption like Miami and Florida. Then follow the trail of Sub-Urban Liar and get the suckeyes permanently banned

“TROJANS HAVE RESTORED ORDER”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#19 Jul 24, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Now on to other hotbeds of corruption like Miami and Florida. Then follow the trail of Sub-Urban Liar and get the suckeyes permanently banned
Great point! Hit up some more of those media-darling SEC schools while there at it!!!
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#20 Jul 24, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Now on to other hotbeds of corruption like Miami and Florida. Then follow the trail of Sub-Urban Liar and get the suckeyes permanently banned
Not sure Urban Meyer is gonna be cool, with the saturday work release program, Ohio State has been operating with the state correctional institute.....some scary defensive players, came from it...once the lights went out...... all you saw was teeth and eyes......good news was, the team's GPA actually went up.....
Laughing Bear Fan

Commerce City, CO

#21 Jul 24, 2012
AND
The most shining examples of the work re-release propram:
Maurice Clarett
Art Schlister
and every other morally bankrupt OSU attendee
They were'nt smart enough to graduate from a State University
Bronx Boneheads

Florham Park, NJ

#23 Jul 25, 2012
sportsfan wrote:
. Joe should have yanked sandusky by the ears, and bbooted his butt out when he first heard about it. Too bad for joe, he was too consumed in his football, and that's sad, because he was a great coach.
Sandusky was responsible for Paterno's greatest victories and Penn States reputation as Linebacker U. The egomaniac and megalomaniac JoePa was a fraud and should have retired a long time ago.

Since: Mar 08

norman,ok

#24 Jul 25, 2012
sportsfan wrote:
Not against the NCAA, the fine iis going to be put to good use. It will he'll build and maintain abuse against children centers.
I think the big ten should drop them as well. Now for the current players, they should be given a pass to enroll at another school with no penalty.
Penn state will never be the same again, it will take 100 yrs or more, and that generation will just know it as a scandal, but we for now know it as horrible. Joe should have yanked sandusky by the ears, and bbooted his butt out when he first heard about it. Too bad for joe, he was too consumed in his football, and that's sad, because he was a great coach.
All these penalties from the NCAA are going to do is squash the dreams of hundreds more young boys who have grown up aspiring to go play football for Penn State. How does that help the victims heal? Joe Paterno did as much as he could do! He went to his superiors! My daughter is a teacher and she cannot call the police if one of her children tells her they have been abused or if she suspects it. She has to report it to her superiors. Then they contact Children's Services and they investigate and they contact the police. There is a process that has to be followed! Joe did his job the Athletic Director and the President FAILED those children, NOT Joe Paterno! For God 's sake people enough is enough! Let this man rest in peace!!!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#25 Jul 25, 2012
roofgoof wrote:
<quoted text>All these penalties from the NCAA are going to do is squash the dreams of hundreds more young boys who have grown up aspiring to go play football for Penn State. How does that help the victims heal? Joe Paterno did as much as he could do! He went to his superiors! My daughter is a teacher and she cannot call the police if one of her children tells her they have been abused or if she suspects it. She has to report it to her superiors. Then they contact Children's Services and they investigate and they contact the police. There is a process that has to be followed! Joe did his job the Athletic Director and the President FAILED those children, NOT Joe Paterno! For God 's sake people enough is enough! Let this man rest in peace!!!!!
Aiding and abetting a felon is not doing your job
no excuse

AOL

#26 Jul 25, 2012
roofgoof wrote:
<quoted text>All these penalties from the NCAA are going to do is squash the dreams of hundreds more young boys who have grown up aspiring to go play football for Penn State. How does that help the victims heal? Joe Paterno did as much as he could do! He went to his superiors! My daughter is a teacher and she cannot call the police if one of her children tells her they have been abused or if she suspects it. She has to report it to her superiors. Then they contact Children's Services and they investigate and they contact the police. There is a process that has to be followed! Joe did his job the Athletic Director and the President FAILED those children, NOT Joe Paterno! For God 's sake people enough is enough! Let this man rest in peace!!!!!
Joe had more power then anyone at penn state. When he seen nothing was done he should have followed up. Its obvious he was thinking more of himself them innocent children. His lack of caring caused more children to be abused over the years. disgusting
defamethis

Pottstown, PA

#27 Jul 25, 2012
roofgoof wrote:
It might be squashing the dreams of the college footballer want to bes but these penalties are at least some justice for the victims. The actual victims of a CRIME and CRIMINAL. The want to bes are NOT 'victims' because the school they voluntarily chose to attend is being sanctioned for a criminal cover up in the ATHLETIC department and NOT the education department.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gerald Hodges Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Vikings Select LinebackerU. Standouts... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Bob 2
Gerald jr (Apr '13) Apr '13 Gerald 1
News What flaws were exposed in Penn State's loss to... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News At least Penn State's loss to Ohio gives us som... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Paterno family: ''Panicked'' NCAA defames Joe P... (Jul '12) Jul '12 then 10
News Mistakes Cost Penn State Shot At Big Ten Title (Nov '11) Nov '11 Matt from Columbus 1
News Remember these guys? Current 8-1 Penn State tea... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Duskyfarts 4
More from around the web