Even the Bye Week beats the Kansas Ci...

Even the Bye Week beats the Kansas City Chiefs, 23-0

There are 14 comments on the Examiner.com story from Oct 22, 2012, titled Even the Bye Week beats the Kansas City Chiefs, 23-0. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

The Kansas City Chiefs season is going so badly that they lost ground in the AFC West despite the fact that they were on their bye week and didn't play.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

HC its me

Midlothian, TX

#1 Oct 22, 2012
I won't be convinced until we play the game

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#2 Oct 22, 2012
HC its me wrote:
I won't be convinced until we play the game
(lol), true HC, brady quinn is now kc's starter. remember this guy could have been our (qb) instead of jamarcus russell!(lol), regardlees of the outcome, quinn survived and is now the starter at kc. all i can say is he's fresh off the bench and a journey man. so, preasure preasure preasure on the (qb) of the chefs! cause the rest of their team is doing ok. i don't know but i believe we will be testing some different plays from here on. we will have a different outlook vs the cheffs and we will win this game. mainly cause CAPTAIN CANADA is going to the game to represent! huhh, there it is there!
AWW SH.T! im getting that optimistic feeling again!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
raider4life

Hauula, HI

#3 Oct 22, 2012
Still waiting for our running game to get going, lets go raiders!!!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#4 Oct 22, 2012
raider4life wrote:
Still waiting for our running game to get going, lets go raiders!!!!!
hey R-4, we don't only have one good (rb)! as a matter of fact, goodson has been kicking a.s! and maybe taiwan jones can finally prove himself on sunday. if dmac runs the same, they outta give him a break on the bench but i gotta say?, he's still a threat!
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#5 Oct 22, 2012
saints vs broncos
chargers vs browns
RAIDERS vs chefs?
we're in!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Knapp Time

United States

#6 Oct 23, 2012
In the mix for another .500 season....Knapp sucks...

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#7 Oct 23, 2012
Knapp Time wrote:
In the mix for another .500 season....Knapp sucks...
I'd rather finish at .500 than below it. I think we still have a lot of work to do before we can be serious contenders. Plus I think time may be running out on some of our players...Cooper Carlisle, Richard Seymour, Tommy Kelly, and even Carson Palmer. The only way we'll be serious contenders is if we get serious about a scheme and get the right players for it.

On the serious contending teams (like New England), the head coach has final say in all player personell decisions; money doesn't matter. Seattle paid all that money for Matt Flynn, but he's not the starter.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#8 Oct 23, 2012
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>(lol), true HC, brady quinn is now kc's starter. remember this guy could have been our (qb) instead of jamarcus russell!(lol), regardlees of the outcome, quinn survived and is now the starter at kc. all i can say is he's fresh off the bench and a journey man. so, preasure preasure preasure on the (qb) of the chefs! cause the rest of their team is doing ok. i don't know but i believe we will be testing some different plays from here on. we will have a different outlook vs the cheffs and we will win this game. mainly cause CAPTAIN CANADA is going to the game to represent! huhh, there it is there!
AWW SH.T! im getting that optimistic feeling again!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Man there are lots of QBs out there that could've been our starters instead of Russell...Big Ben, Phillip Rivers, Eli manning (remember the trade), Aaron Rodgers...heck we could've drafted Tom Brady in 2000 but the one that ticks me off the most is Drew Brees in 2001 when he could've groomed under Gannon and been ready when Gannon's days were over.

However, I think they're success has been more in part to the systems they were put in. Big Ben was an instant success in Pittsburgh; Brees really came alive more in New Orleans, but was still good in San Diego, Rivers sat behind Brees in San Diego until given his opportunity, Rodgers did the same in Green bay as did Brady in New England who actually improved them. Eli had to learn behind Kurt Warner too.

If Al Davis would've just let Jon Gruden have complete player personell control, I think we would still be winning and not have sunken into our own blackhole. Plus I think we'd still be winning.
Knapp Time

United States

#9 Oct 24, 2012
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we still have a lot of work to do before we can be serious contenders. Plus I think time may be running out on some of our players...Cooper Carlisle, Richard Seymour, Tommy Kelly, and even Carson Palmer. The only way we'll be serious contenders is if we get serious about a scheme and get the right players for it.
On point as usuall...keeping it real....
raiderfaith

Sanford, NC

#10 Oct 24, 2012
Worst part is we have a ton of players that either are close to retirement, need to be traded or just aren'y cutting it. That coupled with our offensive scheme tells me we face about 4-6 years before we straighten this mess out. Allen needs to actually take ownership of his HC duties and either make Knapp change the scheme to power blocking, where McFadden thrived or show Knapp the door. Can't blame Knapp anymore, at some point the HC has to take control and do whats best for the team.
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather finish at .500 than below it. I think we still have a lot of work to do before we can be serious contenders. Plus I think time may be running out on some of our players...Cooper Carlisle, Richard Seymour, Tommy Kelly, and even Carson Palmer. The only way we'll be serious contenders is if we get serious about a scheme and get the right players for it.
On the serious contending teams (like New England), the head coach has final say in all player personell decisions; money doesn't matter. Seattle paid all that money for Matt Flynn, but he's not the starter.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#11 Oct 24, 2012
i personally like veterenship on our team. i like the carson palmers, the richard seymours and tommy kelly'. i love veterans that can make plays. i like that there are a lot of young players on the team but in rality any young player three yrs and over better be playing a veteran level. if they are not? thats where we need the veterans that understand the play.
when d allen came in as a (hc), it was almost clear he wasn't an all around coach that gets involved with the (O) and the (D) evenly. he said he would not interfere with the (O) side and let k knapp do his duties. that led me to believe a long time ago that dennis allen's playcalling was going to be shakey! it's obvious g knapps system is not working. now we are starting to see palmer calling plays and dennis allen on media saying that they are looking at other ways to make plays happen for dmac to run through. so in a sense, yea, mckenzie must be getting frustrated and telling d allen he better get more involved with the (O). that said? g knapp may be in trouble here soon or if we finish without a playoff, knapp may not be back next season.
RAIDERS 2012!!!
raiderfaith

Sanford, NC

#12 Oct 25, 2012
It's not a question of liking the veterans, its juct Seymour has maybe one or two seasons left in him. Kelly not much different. Plus kelly costs us a lot of penalties...equalling loss of yards. Fact is we have a lot of work to do to become contenders, by the time we straighten out the schemes. Some of our vets will be replaced, depending who the replace with will dictate how long we have to wait.
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
i personally like veterenship on our team. i like the carson palmers, the richard seymours and tommy kelly'. i love veterans that can make plays. i like that there are a lot of young players on the team but in rality any young player three yrs and over better be playing a veteran level. if they are not? thats where we need the veterans that understand the play.
when d allen came in as a (hc), it was almost clear he wasn't an all around coach that gets involved with the (O) and the (D) evenly. he said he would not interfere with the (O) side and let k knapp do his duties. that led me to believe a long time ago that dennis allen's playcalling was going to be shakey! it's obvious g knapps system is not working. now we are starting to see palmer calling plays and dennis allen on media saying that they are looking at other ways to make plays happen for dmac to run through. so in a sense, yea, mckenzie must be getting frustrated and telling d allen he better get more involved with the (O). that said? g knapp may be in trouble here soon or if we finish without a playoff, knapp may not be back next season.
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Knapp Time

United States

#13 Oct 25, 2012
Knapp sucks...the Chiefs suck more....
yes

Jackson, OH

#14 Oct 30, 2012
they suck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geno Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The stars have aligned for Oklahoma to win Big 12 (Aug '14) Aug '14 KisteK 1
News Terps-WVU to kick off at 3:30 (Sep '13) Sep '13 Payback 5
News West Virginia Mountaineers are a team that will... (Jun '13) Sep '13 TUPU 3
News Geno Smith Should Be Considered Front-Runner fo... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
News No QBs stand out in this draft (Feb '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 28
News Jets rookie QB Geno Smith denies he's a diva (May '13) May '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News With the first pick... (Apr '13) May '13 milwaukee69 27
More from around the web