No QBs stand out in this draft

Feb 19, 2013 Full story: The Wichita Eagle 28

The Kansas City Chiefs spent the last several days setting their draft board in preparation for this week's NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“TRADITION RICH!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#1 Feb 20, 2013
How can they say that when th combines havent started and Trojan Matt Barkley hasnt done any drills

“Pac 12 South front runners”

Since: Nov 10

Westwood

#2 Feb 20, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
How can they say that when th combines havent started and Trojan Matt Barkley hasnt done any drills
It isn't helping that your boy refuses to throw in the Combines

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#3 Feb 21, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of players dont do the combine thing. Just heard All American LB Jarvis Jones/Georgia is skipping the combine completely...

Westwood

#4 Feb 21, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of players dont do the combine thing. Just heard All American LB Jarvis Jones/Georgia is skipping the combine completely...
"All American" LB Jarvis Jones has nothing to prove MB (isn't even Pac 12 3rd team) has a lot to prove, not the same Spin Dr.

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
"All American" LB Jarvis Jones has nothing to prove MB (isn't even Pac 12 3rd team) has a lot to prove, not the same Spin Dr.
But we all know (well maybe UCLA doesnt) that QBs get special consideration and evaluation because their position is so demanding. With Barkley recovering and not quite 100% from his shoulder injury, it actually is very wise not to go out with Smith, Wilson, and a few others and literall have to compete against them, but work individually with teams who are interested. I believe he is going to wait for USC Pro Day in March and hopefully his arm will be 100% by then. No spin, just smart!!!

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

#6 Feb 23, 2013
Bruin Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
> The USC Golden Boy doesn't need to throw a single pass to prove he's NFL quality ... but, he does need to do good, and make it through the Sideline Clipboard Carrying Drill. Coach Artie has to admit, many, many former Trajon QBs have passed that particular drill with flying colors, and are now making a decent living carrying clipboards on NFL sidelines. The Coach sees no reason Barkley can't do the same.
>:)

“Summertime in Dixie”

Since: Jan 13

The land of TACKLE football

#7 Feb 23, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> The USC Golden Boy doesn't need to throw a single pass to prove he's NFL quality ... but, he does need to do good, and make it through the Sideline Clipboard Carrying Drill. Coach Artie has to admit, many, many former Trajon QBs have passed that particular drill with flying colors, and are now making a decent living carrying clipboards on NFL sidelines. The Coach sees no reason Barkley can't do the same.
I agree, Coach, he will be there but not as a stand out. He's gotten a lot of bad press lately.

#8 Feb 24, 2013
Linebacker66 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, Coach, he will be there but not as a stand out. He's gotten a lot of bad press lately.
> You reap what you sow!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#9 Feb 24, 2013
Linebacker66 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, Coach, he will be there but not as a stand out. He's gotten a lot of bad press lately.
Lets see PC still loves him and picks him up
Artie Manhattan

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Feb 24, 2013
Bruin Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see PC still loves him and picks him up
Ya I agree Snookums, howz about we have a beer at Sharkeez. I'm easy when I've had a few:)....Go Bruins!

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#11 Feb 25, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> The USC Golden Boy doesn't need to throw a single pass to prove he's NFL quality ... but, he does need to do good, and make it through the Sideline Clipboard Carrying Drill. Coach Artie has to admit, many, many former Trajon QBs have passed that particular drill with flying colors, and are now making a decent living carrying clipboards on NFL sidelines. The Coach sees no reason Barkley can't do the same.
Even if MB7 was to have a mediocre Pro Day evaluation, I dont think we will have to worry about him ending up handling duties that someone like Matt Flynn is so proficient at... HaHa

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#12 Feb 25, 2013
Linebacker66 wrote:
Bad press? That is is still not 100% from his injury? If you want to label that as bad press then go ahead, but certainly he is no Manti Teo!

“Summertime in Dixie”

Since: Jan 13

The land of TACKLE football

#13 Feb 25, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Bad press? That is is still not 100% from his injury? If you want to label that as bad press then go ahead, but certainly he is no Manti Teo!
We will know in the spring.

#15 Feb 26, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Even if MB7 was to have a mediocre Pro Day evaluation, I dont think we will have to worry about him ending up handling duties that someone like Matt Flynn is so proficient at... HaHa
> DING-DING-DING!!! CT, Barkley is not throwing a single pass. How in the heck could he possibly have a good NFL evaluation? Take this to the bank ... Matt Flynn will be a starting QB somewhere in the NFL next season. Barkley will be a starter too, although he'll be a starting clipboard carrier. Now, take comfort in knowing all your clipboard carrying Trajon QBs will once again be pacing the sidelines tapping the coach on the shoulder and asking...

>:D

#16 Feb 26, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Bad press? That is is still not 100% from his injury? If you want to label that as bad press then go ahead, but certainly he is no Manti Teo!
> Barkley in the UCLA game did mirror Manti Z'ro in the BCS NC game ... they both got their mugs planted in the turf. OUCH!!!
Mary, Mary, quiet contrary, how does your garden grow?...
With Trojan bells and Leprechaun shells and ugly mugs planted in a row!

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#17 Feb 26, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> DING-DING-DING!!! CT, Barkley is not throwing a single pass. How in the heck could he possibly have a good NFL evaluation? Take this to the bank ... Matt Flynn will be a starting QB somewhere in the NFL next season. Barkley will be a starter too, although he'll be a starting clipboard carrier. Now, take comfort in knowing all your clipboard carrying Trajon QBs will once again be pacing the sidelines tapping the coach on the shoulder and asking...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bs-Q0JmWjj0XX
>:D
Yu go right ahead and keep ringing that Dixie critter chow bell Numbnut. MB7 will throw at the USC Pro Day on March 27th. All the big programs like USC, Alabama, Wisconsin, etc, have a Pro Day where all important NFL personnel know to go to evaluate "real" NFL possibilities. Obviously you are unaware of that being an LSU guy. With the extra time to recover from his shoulder injury, MB7 will dispel any of those myths about his arm!
USC - STILL QB GATEWAY TO THE NFL

“TRADITION RICH!”

San Marino, CA

#18 Feb 26, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Barkley in the UCLA game did mirror Manti Z'ro in the BCS NC game ... they both got their mugs planted in the turf. OUCH!!!
Mary, Mary, quiet contrary, how does your garden grow?...
With Trojan bells and Leprechaun shells and ugly mugs planted in a row!
Little kiddie nursery rhymes... Are you sure you arent the Village Idiot too?!

#19 Feb 27, 2013
Ruff the Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>I'll go right ahead and keep ringing my Brazilian critter chow bell... HaHa. MB7 will throw at the USC Pro Day on March 27th. All the big programs like LSU, Alabama, Florida, etc, have a Pro Day where all important NFL personnel know to go to evaluate "real" NFL possibilities. Obviously you being an LSU guy knows all about NFL quality talent. I have to admit you do know the history of our so-called talented USC quarterbacks. Would you please tell me why once they get to the NFL they can't seem to walk and chew gum at the same time? With the extra time to recover from his shoulder injury, MB7 will dispel any of those myths about his arm being NFL quality!
USC - STILL THE #1 QB CLIPBOARD CARRYING GATEWAY TO THE NFL
> Coach Artie's most valuable perspective on USC's overrated QB, Matt Barkley: Too big, too slow, too weak minded to be an NFL starting quarterback. He does show very strong possibilities of following in the footsteps of those other way-overrated USC QBs like Matt Leinart, Carson Palmer, Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassel, etc... quality clipboard carrying go-for's. Hey, Ruff ... what the heck is an MB7?

#20 Feb 27, 2013
Chosen Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Coach Artie for the little kiddie nursery rhyme. It made the Village Idiot happy and its not even my birthday!
> You're welcome!

Westwood

#21 Feb 27, 2013
ART DECO MAN wrote:
<quoted text>> Coach Artie's most valuable perspective on USC's overrated QB, Matt Barkley: Too big, too slow, too weak minded to be an NFL starting quarterback. He does show very strong possibilities of following in the footsteps of those other way-overrated USC QBs like Matt Leinart, Carson Palmer, Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassel, etc... quality clipboard carrying go-for's. Hey, Ruff ... what the heck is an MB7?
how can you forget John David Booty?(scout team)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geno Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The stars have aligned for Oklahoma to win Big 12 Aug '14 KisteK 1
Terps-WVU to kick off at 3:30 (Sep '13) Sep '13 Payback 5
West Virginia Mountaineers are a team that will... (Jun '13) Sep '13 TUPU 3
Geno Smith Should Be Considered Front-Runner fo... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Jets rookie QB Geno Smith denies he's a diva (May '13) May '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
With the first pick... (Apr '13) May '13 milwaukee69 27
New York Jets: Geno Smith A Prima Donna? (Apr '13) May '13 Laughing Bear Fan 4

Geno Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE