New era begins for WVU, fans

West Virginia and Marshall have been playing football against one another for more than a century - albeit the two instate programs have met on the field only 12 times - and rarely did the contest live up to its preseason hype. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#1 Sep 5, 2012
i am a marshall fan and i glad this series is over,wvu does'nt want to play US and thats a fact, good im all for it. we will go our way, marshall can do better without them the state of west virginia only wants wvu to do good the hell with marshall,did you know that wvu gets 6 cents on every can of soda sold in the state.what does marshall get nothing but rude comments had bad they are, i say lets move on and show who the better university is GO HERD.
Gator

Ona, WV

#2 Sep 6, 2012
Another baby moo whiner, lmao
wvu

Norwalk, OH

#3 Sep 6, 2012
Wvu doesn't want to play Marshall cause its a waste of time...seriously what is the average difference in scores... Prob 35-40 points! Wvu can schedule a better opponent and not have to play cream puff Marshall now.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 6, 2012
The can thing is true and its bullsheet. I didn't know it was 6 cents though, I figure 1-2. If the state is going to do that for one, they should do so for both.

Earth

#5 Sep 6, 2012
wvu wrote:
Wvu doesn't want to play Marshall cause its a waste of time...seriously what is the average difference in scores... Prob 35-40 points! Wvu can schedule a better opponent and not have to play cream puff Marshall now.
Yea a "better opponent" like William & Mary, Towson, or Liberty.
Gator

Ona, WV

#6 Sep 6, 2012
WVU would rather schedule anyone that doesn't have a bunch whiner fans like Marsha. Crybabys, to scared to go to Morgantown, had to return tickets. Talk about an inferiority complex Marsha, you got one!!
wvu69

New York, NY

#7 Sep 6, 2012
I was at the WVU game and there was no Marshall fans there. Why would marshall want to play they do not support their team. I have season tickets and liberty brought more fans than Marshall, I really am sick of them crying about everything. It really turns people off of ever being a Marshall fan. Also the fat guy who rides the motorcycle with the dead cow on it .... That's stupid! The thunderclap ..... That's stupid! I was embarrassed to be there!

Earth

#8 Sep 6, 2012
Gator wrote:
WVU would rather schedule anyone that doesn't have a bunch whiner fans like Marsha. Crybabys, to scared to go to Morgantown, had to return tickets. Talk about an inferiority complex Marsha, you got one!!
Yea solid comeback. Do you drool when you babble like that?

Location hidden

#9 Sep 6, 2012
wvu69 wrote:
I was at the WVU game and there was no Marshall fans there. Why would marshall want to play they do not support their team. I have season tickets and liberty brought more fans than Marshall, I really am sick of them crying about everything. It really turns people off of ever being a Marshall fan. Also the fat guy who rides the motorcycle with the dead cow on it .... That's stupid! The thunderclap ..... That's stupid! I was embarrassed to be there!
Spirit Fingers... Dumbest.Thing.Ever.
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#10 Sep 6, 2012
pinrodno77 wrote:
i am a marshall fan and i glad this series is over,wvu does'nt want to play US and thats a fact, good im all for it. we will go our way, marshall can do better without them the state of west virginia only wants wvu to do good the hell with marshall,did you know that wvu gets 6 cents on every can of soda sold in the state.what does marshall get nothing but rude comments had bad they are, i say lets move on and show who the better university is GO HERD.
Go get you butts handed to you by Western Carolina Saturday, cause WV is done with you. You people need to support your team and quit your crying like a bunch of cry babies. How many time have we beat you in the last 40 years? Every time we've played you! You guys need to get over it now that we're moving on to bigger and better things. You guys can learn allot from our fans just by the showing of our fan base, always there and showing our guys that we care. My Hubby and I travel to almost every game, be it the Orange Bowl, Ho Ho! What a game! The Fiesta Bowl and most games in between. Why? Because we love our Mountaineers...Go Mountaineers!!!

Location hidden

#11 Sep 6, 2012
Nancy, what % of the students at WVU are from in state? Just curious.
wvu

Mansfield, OH

#12 Sep 6, 2012
Yeah we already play 1 cupcake team. We don't need Marshall to fill a spot were we could play a decent or good football team. And hell if Marshall was any good at sports I wouldn't have a problem with them splitting the soda tax but they suck at everything. Marshall couldn't even beat wvu when they had moss and Pennington!!!
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#13 Sep 6, 2012
YFNA wrote:
Nancy, what % of the students at WVU are from in state? Just curious.
I wish I had an answer for you, I do know that back in the mid to late 70s the total student population was in the upper teens to about twenty thousand. Yes we are old fogies. BTW! My cousin graduated there, don't remember the year but was a classmate of the late Don Knots, this was long before my Husband graduated.

Earth

#14 Sep 6, 2012
wvu69 wrote:
Irony of you saying people are "crying". Your whole post was a big boohoo from start to finish.

Earth

#15 Sep 6, 2012
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>Go get you butts handed to you by Western Carolina Saturday, cause WV is done with you. You people need to support your team and quit your crying like a bunch of cry babies. How many time have we beat you in the last 40 years? Every time we've played you! You guys need to get over it now that we're moving on to bigger and better things. You guys can learn allot from our fans just by the showing of our fan base, always there and showing our guys that we care. My Hubby and I travel to almost every game, be it the Orange Bowl, Ho Ho! What a game! The Fiesta Bowl and most games in between. Why? Because we love our Mountaineers...Go Mountaineers!!!
Learn a lot from the fanbase that is considered the worst in the nation. Does your hubby punch pregnant women too?

Earth

#16 Sep 6, 2012
wvu wrote:
Yeah we already play 1 cupcake team. We don't need Marshall to fill a spot were we could play a decent or good football team. And hell if Marshall was any good at sports I wouldn't have a problem with them splitting the soda tax but they suck at everything. Marshall couldn't even beat wvu when they had moss and Pennington!!!
Marshall has kicked WVU's ass plenty of times in all sports but football. You geniuses act like Marshall doesn't win anything. Hell WVU refuses to play Marshall in baseball. Refuses to play basketball in Huntington because they've never win a game there. Just recently started playing volleyball again which they've promptly started losing. The list goes on and on and on. Yep WVU has won 12 football games in like 90 years. Congrats. What was WVU's losing steak to Penn State like 30 years straight?

Oh & Moss & Pennington in 1997. That was a team 1 year removed from 1-AA that didn't even have the full scholarship of a 1-A team at that time and it still took everything for WVU to win. A favorite cheeseball WVU line is that a 10-3 1997 team was Marshall's "best ever" yet 2 years later it was 13-0 and 10th in the nation. Anything for their Marshall obsessed argument.

You'd think if you were past Marshall you stop talking about Marshall everywhere. Topix, HerdNation.com , newspaper comments, ESPN gamecast Sec 140 comments, etc etc... Everywhere there is a Marshall conversation there is sure to be some Marshall obsessed WVU douche who feels the need to speak their mind and them claim that Marshall fans have issues. Classic!

Earth

#17 Sep 6, 2012
Nancy wrote:
<quoted text>I wish I had an answer for you, I do know that back in the mid to late 70s the total student population was in the upper teens to about twenty thousand. Yes we are old fogies. BTW! My cousin graduated there, don't remember the year but was a classmate of the late Don Knots, this was long before my Husband graduated.
You obviously missed the point.
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#18 Sep 6, 2012
Mr_Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn a lot from the fanbase that is considered the worst in the nation. Does your hubby punch pregnant women too?
No He doesn't.
Nancy

Chesapeake, VA

#19 Sep 6, 2012
Mr_Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously missed the point.
Sorry I got side tracked!% wise is minimal, saying that because my husband and the majority of his family graduated WVU from out of State. My Alma Mata is Old Dominion University, our athletic Dept isn't that great, having a tough time getting our football team up to where we want them to be. At the present we're in the CAA and will be moving to conference USA in 2013, our Ladies Basketball at one time was a great team, but still not too bad, our athletic department needs some fine tuning, but you know what they say "Rome wasn't built in a Day". Don't know where you reside, but this tidewater area is in dire need of Pro Sports Complex, although we do have an AHL the Norfolk Admirals, who won the AHL Championship this year, which was a shot in the arm for this area. Anyway, so much for ranting. My hubby says I talk to much about nothing and that I don't know what I'm talking about any way, Oh well I suppose he is right, but I do love my Mountaineers!
wvu

Mansfield, OH

#20 Sep 6, 2012
The post was about football....jackass. And Marshall winning a game here and there in other sports doesn't constitute it getting there butts kicked. Why would we play Marshall in baseball. There do terrible they don't even have there own field to play on!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Geno Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The stars have aligned for Oklahoma to win Big 12 Aug '14 KisteK 1
Terps-WVU to kick off at 3:30 (Sep '13) Sep '13 Payback 5
West Virginia Mountaineers are a team that will... (Jun '13) Sep '13 TUPU 3
Geno Smith Should Be Considered Front-Runner fo... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
No QBs stand out in this draft (Feb '13) May '13 PEE PEE PETE 28
Jets rookie QB Geno Smith denies he's a diva (May '13) May '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
With the first pick... (Apr '13) May '13 milwaukee69 27

Geno Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE