Bolden faces tough decision after Pat...

Bolden faces tough decision after Paterno refuses to release him from scholarship

There are 67 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jan 4, 2011, titled Bolden faces tough decision after Paterno refuses to release him from scholarship. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

The Boldens drove nearly seven hours from Michigan to State College on Tuesday, with one very specific football goal in mind.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
It is now official

Lancaster, PA

#1 Jan 4, 2011
Joe Paterno is a pr!ck and an ahole.
Recruits take note

Lancaster, PA

#2 Jan 4, 2011
Joe Paterno is a vindictive person. Is this the type of coach you want? Go elsewhere, play and have fun. Don't even think about the sideshow with the old man in State College. A PSU education is really nothing special anyway.
Julio

York, PA

#3 Jan 4, 2011
His old man needs to shut up and get out of the way.
You are correct

Lancaster, PA

#5 Jan 4, 2011
Julio wrote:
His old man needs to shut up and get out of the way.
JayPa's old man needs to shut up and get out of the way. I agree 100%.
leppy

York, PA

#6 Jan 5, 2011
Bolden should just move on...He will never get any respect at PSU now that everyone knows he wants to leave and play elsewhere...He's too young and inexperienced to lead a big 10 team.
Leader

Leesburg, FL

#7 Jan 5, 2011
Bolden is not a leader at this stage of his career. He has no fire on or off the field. Joe knows this. He is a talented kid but that will only take you so far. McLovin has the fire and some skill, but not what it takes. Cool of Bolden, regroup and you will have an excellent career at PSU.
cynical realist

Coaldale, PA

#8 Jan 5, 2011
I think Bolden Sr is the one that wants all this. Daddy is trying to live through his son. Let the kid alone and let him make his own decisions.
Just_Me

United States

#9 Jan 5, 2011
I thought college was an educational institution?

If some school gives me a sports scholarship to college, and then benches me most of the season, I'd be ecstatic. It'll give me plenty of time to contemplate my studies.
Resident

Baltimore, MD

#10 Jan 5, 2011
I think Mr. Bolden is teaching Rob a very important lesson - if things don't go your way for two months, you need to give up and blame someone else! If Rob is as talented as his Dad is arrogant, he'll get plenty of chances to shine.
Don Corleone

Moorestown, NJ

#11 Jan 5, 2011
Resident wrote:
I think Mr. Bolden is teaching Rob a very important lesson - if things don't go your way for two months, you need to give up and blame someone else! If Rob is as talented as his Dad is arrogant, he'll get plenty of chances to shine.
How is he "blaming someone else" when all he wants to do is transfer to a school who will let him play football? Preferably one without an octogenarian at the helm.
Coach O

Mooresville, NC

#12 Jan 5, 2011
High school kids come in to colleges thinking and being told they are the best. He had all these emotions of being the best player ever. He was a star. Now his bubble has shrank a little and now his emotions are getting the best of him. His old man is telling him he is the best and Penn St. is the bad guy. Reality is setting in and he needs to sit back and realize where he is and what is happening. Son, you need to do what is best for you. You knew the situation before you came to PSU. You chose PSU for a reason. College football is a job. Suck it up and make yourself and your team mates better. That is what a qb is about. Good luck to him and all he does.
Benny

Mount Wolf, PA

#14 Jan 5, 2011
Joe Paterno doesn't care about the educational aspect of these talanted kids. He just wants to exploit them for their talents. What a Benny!
Spaghetti Bender

Mount Wolf, PA

#15 Jan 5, 2011
Joepa is a dirty old man. Drink some more red, rosey, or whatever you feel like tonight!

Let this be a lesson to all PSU recruits.
Five INTS

Mount Wolf, PA

#16 Jan 5, 2011
Still gets a white guy to play in the game. Joepa is racist. Give the talanted black kid a chance! What a shame.
John

United States

#17 Jan 5, 2011
Check how many kids graduate on the football team. They are well above average!!!
John

United States

#18 Jan 5, 2011
Five INTS wrote:
Still gets a white guy to play in the game. Joepa is racist. Give the talanted black kid a chance! What a shame.
Remember that black guy started first till he fell apart then got hurt! The white guy fell apart in the last game. Should he have been pulled? It's easy for all of us to say yes. Joe didn't pull Bolden when he should have either!
Here we go

York, PA

#19 Jan 5, 2011
Five INTS wrote:
Unless DELETED Post #4 was THAT, didn't take too long for the ugly racist/prejudiced monster theme to enter the on-line posting game! Play ball!
Big Bad Bubba J

Westminster, MD

#20 Jan 5, 2011
John wrote:
Just another black bawl baby cryin the blues because he didn't get his own way!!!!
Yaaaaaawn!! Whatever....
George

Washington, DC

#21 Jan 5, 2011
Don Corleone wrote:
<quoted text>
How is he "blaming someone else" when all he wants to do is transfer to a school who will let him play football? Preferably one without an octogenarian at the helm.
He was playing football at PSU and will continue to play.! When he signed the scholarship he made a committment (contract) to PSU. PSU DID NOT sign a contract with him that said he would be the starting QB! Ok Bolden? Leave but pay back the firs year of you scholarship!
Resident

Baltimore, MD

#22 Jan 5, 2011
Don Corleone wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think that is all the issue, then you aren't reading enough or talking to the right people. Papa Bolden is complaining about every aspect of the coaching staff and saying they are to blame for retarding his son's career in a few short months. All the while, his Mom says Penn State is a great place for him and they shouldn't be so quick to jump. Sounds like dad has his eyes on an NFL contract and wants to blame someone, anyone, except him and his son if that doesn't happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Derek Moye Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PSU's QB Bolden remains in tough position (Nov '11) Nov '11 rider 3
News PSU's Curtis Drake ready to prove doubters wrong (Jun '11) Jun '11 Old Lion Fan 1
News Frank Bodani: Tight end injuries more worrisome... (Apr '11) Apr '11 dufus 6
News Drake happy to be back on football field at Pen... (Mar '11) Mar '11 dougalmac 1
News Quarterback drama is top story at Penn State (Jan '11) Jan '11 George 6
News Ahmad Black Leaves Florida a Winner After Big P... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Atl Gator 1
News Penn State shaky in 41-24 victory over Indiana (Nov '10) Dec '10 thetruthhurts 17
More from around the web