Oklahoma Football: Top Five Reasons T...

Oklahoma Football: Top Five Reasons They're Overrated in Preseason Polls

There are 2 comments on the BleacherReport story from Aug 24, 2010, titled Oklahoma Football: Top Five Reasons They're Overrated in Preseason Polls. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

The preseason polls have been released and the University of Oklahoma comes in ranked at No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2010
This article is so misinformed, it's laughable. Oklahoma had the highest scoring offense in the history of college football 2 seasons ago. Last season half the starters were injured for most or all of the season, yet still scored 8 wins. They are not a spread offense, they are multiple, they can spread the field, and they line up in the power-I just as often. When the O-line is working with 3rd and 4th string, starting RB injured, top WR injured, no TE's left on the roster, you do what you have to do to try and win. No Defense? Oklahoma has had a top defense every year for the last decade. When you run 100+ plays and score 8-10 touchdowns in a game, you give the other team alot of opportunities to play offense, so the stats are skewed. Having said that, you still don't see power houses like Florida, in what is basically in a home game for the Gators, scoring as many points as they did against most of their SEC opponents.

You should fully expect Oklahoma to be at least 4-5 games better, and if they weren't ranked in the top 10 I'd be worried for the state of NCAA football. Obviously the poll voters aren't nearly as ignorant and misinformed as this guy.
mccrory boy

Alto, NM

#2 Aug 25, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DeMarco Murray Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Eagles, Bradford talking extension Aug '15 Fart news 2
News Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray not likely to get 25 ... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Soonfarts 1
News NFL draft: Cowboys pick LB Bruce Carter from UN... (Apr '11) May '11 longhorn1 9
News Mizzou Cracks Top 10 After Win Over Sooners (Oct '10) Oct '10 L Williams 8
DeMarco Murray- what an exemplary young man (Oct '10) Oct '10 Leigh Ann 1
News OU 28, Texas 20: My Top 10 Observations (Oct '10) Oct '10 Danny 1
News Red River Rivalry between Texas, Oklahoma dimin... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Larry 1
More from around the web