3 IU football players arrested

Tom Wood Subaru Visit Tom Wood Subaru at 96th Street and Keystone Avenue for Online Specials on New and Pre-Owned Subaru vehicles. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Will

Burnet, TX

#1 Feb 12, 2008
Attaboy Billy lynch. Glad we hired you!

Since: Oct 07

Elmwood Park, IL

#2 Feb 12, 2008
Hold on...the were arrested because of noise? WOW!
Brick Tamland

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 12, 2008
While it's not the image or message we want sent about the team, at least these were pretty low-key crimes. 2 for noise and 1 18 y.o. who got drunk and spazed-out when he woke up in an Ambulance...pretty sure that would scare the BeJesus out of me too.

I'll take that over stabbings, duis, and 30+ players cheating in class.

“Go Boilers!!!”

Since: Dec 07

West Lafayette, IN

#5 Feb 12, 2008
Unfortunately, this story is repeated over and over on college campuses around the nation. Alcohol is a huge issue.
What

Pryor, OK

#6 Feb 12, 2008
Jail for noise violations seems a little excessive, especially in a college town.
LOUD MUSIC

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Feb 12, 2008
OH NO, LOUD MUSIC!!! What is this college? Oh wait, it is.

College students = Loud

Arrested for Loud Music, that's freaking crazy.

It's not like a DUI at "that other school", its some tunes, loud, how I like. I'd tell them to "TURN IT UP".
bad story

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Feb 12, 2008
seroiusly, why even state that they were football players? they could have just written that three IU students were arrested, but I guess that wouldn't make the news, because 'Painter Fan' is right, this happens all over the US regardless of affiliation with athletic teams.
Chad

Lexington, KY

#9 Feb 12, 2008
They will be given their day in court to "Defend Their Rock".
bad story

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Feb 12, 2008
i wish i knew how to spell

seriously
These Go To Eleven

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Feb 12, 2008
HAHAHAHA wrote:
Outstanding. ok IU fans making fun of the Boiler football team. Let's hear the excuses, come on. We know you have some......
Our excuse is, they were listening to music loud and got arrested. Notice is NOT, I repeat, NOT DRIVING DRUNK, GETTING STABBED IN A BAR FIGHT, A CRIMINAL RECORD, AND HOUSE ARREST, just the volume button being up to ELEVEN!

Rock On IU Football Players, keep the tunes loud, the speakers bumpin, and the bootys shakin, that's how it's supposed to be, at least in Bloomington anyway.

Listen to the Purdue trollers on here, they kill me. They're guy gets tossed in the can for a DUI and stabbed, but they try to lump in some loud music with that clown... that's why we love you Purdue, oh wait, no we don't, that's why we don't like you Purdue, there much better.
Funny

United States

#12 Feb 12, 2008
Taking pointers from West Lafayette? Nah, they only drive drunk and beat people.
asdf

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Feb 12, 2008
Will wrote:
I fail to recognize how this is the head coaches fault.

“Just sorting it out.”

Since: Mar 07

Indianapolis

#15 Feb 12, 2008
Will wrote:
Your statement implies you lay blame on the coach. Why is that? Was Lynch there, partying with his players?

Fault lies squarely with these players, not the coach.
Don

Bradenton, FL

#16 Feb 12, 2008
Sounds like they qualify to be on Sampson's basketball team!
Lets go Hoosiers

United States

#17 Feb 12, 2008
Awesome. I could care less about the noise ordinance garbage. Every kid gets busted for that who has a CD player in his house. I got busted for that twice in a year and eventually learned its always better to party at someone elses house over hosting at your house.

The drunk kid in the ambulance, though, is pretty funny. An 18 yr old kid passed out drunk in the stairwell who is on scholarship? Perhaps they should take a look at just how badly that kid wants to be a member of IU Football. It pales in comparison to some of the recent news that has come out of that "other" Big Ten university in this state, but still. The last thing we need is another death related to someone in our football program. What if the kid had broken his neck falling down the stairs? There are too many kids out there who are more deserving than this guy.
Ethics

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Feb 12, 2008
So who was the reporter/writer for this story? I'd like to understand how they got their hands on the directory of e-mail addressess for IU students. If you consider this to be public domain, then I would like to have it for my business of selling e-mails to spammers.

If it's not public domain, then someone needs to investigate their methods for retrieving such info. If I'm an IU student, I would be a little upset about this breach of privacy.

Then again, reporters have no ethics so this really doesn't surprise me.
sweeeet

Noblesville, IN

#19 Feb 12, 2008
They must have been hangin' wit da Pacers!
Mirror mirror

Wallace, IN

#20 Feb 12, 2008
Randle El (Anthony's brother) was stabbed at IU not too long ago. It's certainly been since the last bb national championship, which is something IU fans always seem to regard as a realively current event.
Curtis

Reston, VA

#21 Feb 12, 2008
Local landlord wrote:
I graduated from IU Bloomington and grew up in Bloomington, too. Everybody knows you can't party like wild men late into the night and not have people call the cops on you. Disrespect those cops and go to jail. We send our sons and daughters to IU at great expense to get an education, not to get serenaded all night, every night by a bunch of stupid football thugs that are probably barely in school. A little partying is fine, but once the cops come if you get arrested its because you're an idiot.
Please if you think this is a football player problem, you need to wake up. You could go to any college in the USA on any given weekend and find this going on, if not worse things. You might want to consider what "daddy's little girl" is out doing rather than to what "thug" football players are listening to.
Why bother

AOL

#22 Feb 12, 2008
How stupid. Nice job guys. The other 95 guys on the team now have to defend this.

Sometimes I wonder why we support any level of athletics now as the discipline is gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Darius Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ho hum, another loss: Mustangs stampede past Go... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Southernmiss81 1
3 IU players arrested (Feb '08) Feb '08 not a given 1
More from around the web