Draft first take: Raiders

Jan 12, 2011 Full story: ESPN Feed 12

This is the fourth in a series looking at the potential draft direction of the teams in the AFC West: Drafting: 48 Needs: Offensive line, receiver, linebacker, safety, quarterback.

Full Story

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Jan 12, 2011
I Don't think receiver is much of a need here. I would like to see us take Stefen Wisnewski. I really think our needs will depend on what potential FAs re-sign and which ones walk...

Since: Jan 11

Longwood, FL

#2 Jan 13, 2011
Sup all, long time no post. It's Mike Moran, i used to come on this forum a lot but i sort of fell out of it. Back at it!

I concur about the receivers. We have a pretty solid core of young guys with Johnnie Lee Higgins being the oldest at 5 or 6 years pro.

I don't like the Christian Ponder pick though, i would rather Jacory Harris, the QB out of Miami. He is skinny as hell but he is pretty smart and has a great arm(decision making is a little questionable, will need time to develop)

Check out some links of his stuff(he is a big raiders fan):

http://balljunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010...

Some West Texas County

#3 Jan 13, 2011
Hey Mike...It's good to see you back here. What do you think about all this drama that just rose in RaiderNation?

Longwood, FL

#4 Jan 14, 2011
I was as shocked as anybody i suppose when Tom Cable was fired...I had thought that his "no frills" personality(and dipping on the sidelines) worked pretty well with the old feeling of the "raider mystique" in that we take in guys most other teams wouldn't want and turn them into productive members of the organization.

Of course, we might never really know what went on behind the scenes between Cable and Al Davis, or between Cable and our OC. I did like the direction and mindset that Cable had the team on during the season(minus a few games where we laid an egg)

But who knows, maybe Hue Jackson will rock it out for the team and really get us going next season.

I was incredibly pleased by our offense this season. Darren McFadden finally had his breakout season(i was just waiting for this, i had bought his jersey a few days after he was drafted) and Campbell looks like he can improve from last season because of his familiarity with his receivers and Hue Jackson improves.

I don't think Al Davis will let Nnamdi go as a FA. He has been our best player for a number of years now and looks to have at least a few good years left in him. I would be cool with a 3 year, 30 million deal.

FYI, i will be delivering NFL Network/Films the first batch of NFL draft players early next week so you guys should start looking to see some coverage next week on guys coming out for the draft.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#5 Jan 15, 2011
Corran Horn wrote:
Sup all, long time no post. It's Mike Moran, i used to come on this forum a lot but i sort of fell out of it. Back at it!
I concur about the receivers. We have a pretty solid core of young guys with Johnnie Lee Higgins being the oldest at 5 or 6 years pro.
I don't like the Christian Ponder pick though, i would rather Jacory Harris, the QB out of Miami. He is skinny as hell but he is pretty smart and has a great arm(decision making is a little questionable, will need time to develop)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bos8jBIjn_UXX
whats up mike moran. long time "no hear" (lol). i don't know that i can get used to calling you ("corran horn") i guess im still used to knowing the "mike moran" that we used to know. but what the hell i went from COLORAIDER to RAIDER MISTERIO. i don't even know if you remember me as RAIDER MISTERIO. well, we did not forget about you, you just dissapeared there for a while thats all! welcome back and i hope you stay around.
from the RAIDERnation-crew on topix.
GO RAIDERS!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#6 Jan 15, 2011
it sucks not to see us in the first round of the draft. i don't think a first round trade for seymour was a great call but i did like seymour comming to oakland. i got a feeling al davis will probably use namdi for an nfl trade for a first round, if that works. somewhere along the line we will jump in there to get a pick in the first round of the 32 teams anywhere from 11-16th. or even make a trade with patriots "again" to get our pick back at #17 (lol). if nnamdi goes we we'll definetley need a (cb). whats his name from the broncos champ bailey may get his contract voided this year as well and if we could get him at a cheaper price than namdi it would be great. nnamdis problem was the no fumble recoverys or interceptions and injury missed games that affected his status here. the fact that they don't throw his way is a good thing but the little times that they do, a pick or turnover would be nice.
GO RAIDERS!!!

Some West Texas County

#7 Jan 15, 2011
I still think that Davis is shopping Lechler around after his comments. I honestly don't blame him for it because Lechler was around during the Gruden era when things were good and he witnessed every last bit of the falling.
RaiderFaith

Raleigh, NC

#8 Jan 16, 2011
What's Up Mike? Welcome back! Knoew you mentioned the kid out of miami as a possible QB. The biggest problem with him is his decision making. That was a huge reason Russell sucked. He couldn't make decisions quick enough nor the right ones. If we go after a QB we need someone who's strength is decision making. the the arm strength can be built up. but decision making is tough to work on if they haven't already mastered it by college. That's why there are only a handful of top QB's...and all of those biggest strength is their decision making.
Corran Horn wrote:
I was as shocked as anybody i suppose when Tom Cable was fired...I had thought that his "no frills" personality(and dipping on the sidelines) worked pretty well with the old feeling of the "raider mystique" in that we take in guys most other teams wouldn't want and turn them into productive members of the organization.
Of course, we might never really know what went on behind the scenes between Cable and Al Davis, or between Cable and our OC. I did like the direction and mindset that Cable had the team on during the season(minus a few games where we laid an egg)
But who knows, maybe Hue Jackson will rock it out for the team and really get us going next season.
I was incredibly pleased by our offense this season. Darren McFadden finally had his breakout season(i was just waiting for this, i had bought his jersey a few days after he was drafted) and Campbell looks like he can improve from last season because of his familiarity with his receivers and Hue Jackson improves.
I don't think Al Davis will let Nnamdi go as a FA. He has been our best player for a number of years now and looks to have at least a few good years left in him. I would be cool with a 3 year, 30 million deal.
FYI, i will be delivering NFL Network/Films the first batch of NFL draft players early next week so you guys should start looking to see some coverage next week on guys coming out for the draft.

Longwood, FL

#9 Jan 17, 2011
Sup all, good to see the old names again...i fell out of the forums last time because of all the random haters just posting garbage. It just got irritating. Glad to see they have pretty much gone the way of the Dodo.

I just read an article on SBRE.com saying that Jim Marshall wasn't coming back as our DC. Granted he didnt do a great job, but our sack numbers were phenomenal this year and "Rolo" (Rolando McClain) has a chance to be a great linebacker for us for YEARS. IDK, its never easy for a defense to really turn it around in 1 year because of a new Defensive coordinator.

What do you guys think?
RaiderFaith

Cary, NC

#10 Jan 17, 2011
I think Marshall deserved another year. Our defense had flashes of great playing...but needed a little time to hon in on working the kinks out. But unfortunately the league is now all about instant results. I think we would have made playoffs with the team we had next season and if not that season the one following we had a legit shot at the SB. But again...time is no one
s friend in the NFL.
Corran Horn wrote:
Sup all, good to see the old names again...i fell out of the forums last time because of all the random haters just posting garbage. It just got irritating. Glad to see they have pretty much gone the way of the Dodo.
I just read an article on SBRE.com saying that Jim Marshall wasn't coming back as our DC. Granted he didnt do a great job, but our sack numbers were phenomenal this year and "Rolo" (Rolando McClain) has a chance to be a great linebacker for us for YEARS. IDK, its never easy for a defense to really turn it around in 1 year because of a new Defensive coordinator.
What do you guys think?
dog

Marion, AR

#11 Jan 18, 2011
Corran Horn wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bos8jBIjn_UXX
man

Some West Texas County

#12 Jan 18, 2011
Corran Horn wrote:
What do you guys think?
I wasn't too happy to hear this at first especially with rumors of Rob Ryan coming back, but since he'll be coordinating the defense for the Blue stars of shame, I'm not that disappointed. I think we'll still have a decent defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Ponder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Tale Of Two Ponders (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 22
Vikings support Christian Ponder, but coach say... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Sodomites 3
NFL Quarterbacks That Shouldn't Be Starting (May '13) May '13 flbadcatowner 16
Souhan: It's time already: Bench McNabb and sta... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Purple Faithful 13
College Football Preseason Top 25 (Jul '11) Aug '11 BigDan 3
Quarterback uncertainty for Miami Hurricanes, F... (Jul '11) Jul '11 bakers dozen 2
Anyone ready for Sooners-Seminoles? (May '11) May '11 FSU 1
More from around the web