Bob Sansevere: Two things with loca N...

Bob Sansevere: Two things with loca NFL draft expert Shawn Zobel

There are 28 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 14, 2011, titled Bob Sansevere: Two things with loca NFL draft expert Shawn Zobel. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Shawn Zobel, a 21-year-old junior at St. Thomas, is an NFL draft aficionado who has owned Draft Headquarters since 2007.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
purplehaze1

St. John's, Canada

#1 Feb 15, 2011
two word i hate to hear...'developmental prospect'...i think they should take the BPA at #12...give Webb a shot at the job and try and trade for a veteran QB...but please...no to McKnob and VY....GO VIKES!!!

Since: Sep 08

Farmington, MN

#2 Feb 15, 2011
no Cam Newton..the guy is trouble
purplehomer

Dallas, TX

#3 Feb 15, 2011
Until this team gets a general manager and builds the right way this team will not be very good. We have an owner who likes to meddle like Dan Snyder, you can spend all the money you like and what you get is the 2010 Vikings.
Vike fan in Illinois

Saint Charles, IL

#4 Feb 15, 2011
Please not the first scenerio.Kolb is not worth a first round pick.Don't trade up,trade down & try to get another pick somewhere to help replace the one we lost in the Moss fiasco.As far as McNabb & V.Young,they will get cut.If the Vikes want them they can go get them w/o giving up any draft choices(Do Not Give Up Any Draft Choices).Personally I would like to see these three quarterbacks on the roster for 2011, McNabb,Webb & the kid on the development squad:Rohm.That way no draft choices given up & we can start rebiulding for the near future.I also would see about trade value on ALL players currently signed(Not F.A's)on the existing roster.HEY, when the Bears pass you up in the standings its definetly tim to rebuild...
Montanavike

Missoula, MT

#5 Feb 15, 2011
I think you mean Local not loca. Or maybe you meant to write loco?
Larry Houff

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Feb 15, 2011
I believe that Vince Young is due a roster bonus on or around March 1st in the 10 MIllion range. Realistically, he'll be released. Because he is a released player, a team can sign him without worrying about a labor agreement. Why not give him a two year deal and let him compete with Joe Webb and a quarterback that we draft.

I'm curious if Shawn thinks there might be a center worthy of a 12th overall pick. I believe Shawn is correct in the assumption that the Vikings will go for the best overall player at 12. Plus Spielman will do a much better job than Childress in building a quality product.
Gen Burkhalter

Malibu, CA

#7 Feb 15, 2011
Kolb is worth the 12th overall pick? Last time I looked he couldn't even win the starting job in Philly.
its about that time

Rochester, MN

#8 Feb 15, 2011
Larry Houff wrote:
I believe that Vince Young is due a roster bonus on or around March 1st in the 10 MIllion range. Realistically, he'll be released. Because he is a released player, a team can sign him without worrying about a labor agreement. Why not give him a two year deal and let him compete with Joe Webb and a quarterback that we draft.
I'm curious if Shawn thinks there might be a center worthy of a 12th overall pick. I believe Shawn is correct in the assumption that the Vikings will go for the best overall player at 12. Plus Spielman will do a much better job than Childress in building a quality product.
Vince Young is way too much of a head case. He's talented, but IMHO his talent is over rated.
No Kolb

United States

#9 Feb 15, 2011
Watch this guys highlights against the Saints. Two times they were driving only to have Kolb throw 2 int's to kill the drive. One int was to Sharper within the 10 yd line which he ran back for an int. Not at all sold on Kolb. Philly is just marketing Kolb like they did Childress and we all know how that turned out. Start from the draft. Sure we might have some tough years ahead but any team who builds from the draft is usually seen winning the SB down the road. Even trade some players for future picks. Just don't give away picks for QB's other teams don't want/need. That should tell us something. Also try to go after some of those FA linemen if/when this CBA is finally dealt with. There are some really good FA OL this offseason. And CB's.
COVIKINGFAN

Denver, CO

#10 Feb 15, 2011
Trading the pick for Kolb will be a huge mistake...Kyle Orton would be a better choice if they are looking for a veteran, he's got way more experience as a starter and he won't cost the 12th pick in the draft. If the Vikings make this move they're going to regret it...see the Moss trade or the Walker trade. Pick a viable QB in the draft and develop him...it's obvious the veteran stop gap approach is not working.
KANSAS CITY VIKING

United States

#11 Feb 15, 2011
COVIKINGFAN wrote:
Trading the pick for Kolb will be a huge mistake...Kyle Orton would be a better choice if they are looking for a veteran, he's got way more experience as a starter and he won't cost the 12th pick in the draft. If the Vikings make this move they're going to regret it...see the Moss trade or the Walker trade. Pick a viable QB in the draft and develop him...it's obvious the veteran stop gap approach is not working.
Amen to the stop gap routine. You need a top flight QB to contend in the NFL year in and year out!
SKOL VIKINGS

Farmington, MN

#12 Feb 15, 2011
Kolb is basically unproven with 14 starts, Orton can put up very nice numbers
IndyVikeFan

Fishers, IN

#13 Feb 15, 2011
I think the Vikings draft OL, DL or DB best player available. They may try to trade down but I don't think there will be too many takers needing a must have player at 12 in this draft. Second round is where they will get QB serious. they may even package a lower round pick to move up and get the QB they have their eye on.
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Feb 15, 2011
I don't get anyone sayihg the Vikings should draft a later round developmental project when they already have one in Joe Webb.

As for trading the #12 for Kolb, depends on which Kolb you get. If you get 2009 Kolb that made McNabb expendable, great. If you get 2010 Kolb that was quickly replaced by Vick, then #12 feels like too much.

TGP

Ottawa, Canada

#15 Feb 15, 2011
If I was Speilman I would consider doing whatever it takes to put us in a position to make a run at drafting a QB in 2012 that said I take a page from Bilichek.I'd trade down even if it ment trading out of the first and try to acumulate as many pics as I could for this year and next,also Id trade McKinney,Tahi,Berian and Edwards. McKinney to Denver or Cinci for either Orton or Palmer, that takes care of the vet QB.Edwards should bring a couple of decent pics as far as the other two you take what you can get. If there's anybody that is not in our long term plans I move them two.So next year when all these franchise QBs are there for the taking we'll have the draft pics to trade up for and get who we want.

Farmington, MN

#16 Feb 15, 2011
Whatever wrote:
I don't get anyone sayihg the Vikings should draft a later round developmental project when they already have one in Joe Webb.
As for trading the #12 for Kolb, depends on which Kolb you get. If you get 2009 Kolb that made McNabb expendable, great. If you get 2010 Kolb that was quickly replaced by Vick, then #12 feels like too much.
Kolb was replaced only becaUSE THE nfl wanted a feel good story about Vick
sal

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Feb 15, 2011
if there's no cba then can't trade players for picks. only picks for picks.
Raven 1

Rochester, MN

#18 Feb 15, 2011
Joe Webb deserves a change to run this offense. Forget T-Jack, McNabb, Kolb and VY. There is a reason why those QB's are in the position they're in. Joe has earned the top spot. He is learning quick, how to read a defense, which is more that I can say for T-Jack. We cheered for #4 now we should be cheering #14! Quote the Raven never more
Bruce in NY

Tully, NY

#20 Feb 15, 2011
With this year being what it is, I find it unlikely that the Vikes will trade up to take a QB, and actually think that it's more likely for them to trade down to get an extra pick or two. They will either take the BPA at #12 (might be a QB if Newton or Gabbert is their)or take the best trade (picks) offer. They can still get a solid starter on O-line or D-line with a pick later in the 1st round. I agree with others who have suggested Vince Young as a good veteran to take a chance on. Considering our style of offense and new QB coach I think it's actually a no-brainer all the way around as long as he's cheap and we don't trade picks for him. I think that Newton and Gabbert (in that order) and maybe even Ryan Mallet will be gone by the #12 pick, which the Vikes are counting on in order to get a better selection of the blue chippers who will be left. This year's draft will have plenty of intrigue--can't wait!
Purple24

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Feb 15, 2011
Just because he's accurate in picking what the teams will do doesn't mean thats the right thing to do. Trading the 12th pick for Kevin Kolb will be disaster as Kolb sucks. Also he's as fragile as glass, can't stay healthy. Also drafting either Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert (both whom I think will be NFL bust) will be a mistake too. As history shows, just because a QB is highly rated by the "experts" doesn't mean he's going to be good. What I think the vikings should do is draft a safety with that 12th overall pick. Then in the second round select Christian Ponder from florida state and we'll have our franchise QB and also a safety with the 12th pick can be an immediate impact player. Christian Ponder is a guy that is not talked about too much but I think he'll be the next great QB steal for whoever drafts him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Ponder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Tale Of Two Ponders (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 22
News Vikings support Christian Ponder, but coach say... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Sodomites 3
News NFL Quarterbacks That Shouldn't Be Starting (May '13) May '13 flbadcatowner 16
News Souhan: It's time already: Bench McNabb and sta... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Purple Faithful 13
News College Football Preseason Top 25 (Jul '11) Aug '11 BigDan 3
News Quarterback uncertainty for Miami Hurricanes, F... (Jul '11) Jul '11 bakers dozen 2
News Anyone ready for Sooners-Seminoles? (May '11) May '11 FSU 1
More from around the web