FSU officials continue to investigate...

FSU officials continue to investigate campus fight

There are 13 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 17, 2008, titled FSU officials continue to investigate campus fight. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Florida State police continued on Monday to investigate an on-campus fight that erupted last Wednesday between members of the Seminoles football team and the Phi Beta Sigma fraternity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Just a Thought

Orlando, FL

#2 Nov 18, 2008
As a die hard Gator fan, I want to give congrats to Myron Rolle regarding his Rhodes Scholarship chance. Great guy from a great family. Its only too bad that his interview couldn't have been in two weeks! ;) Good luck to him.
NE FL Native

Clearwater, FL

#3 Nov 18, 2008
Just a Thought wrote:
As a die hard Gator fan, I want to give congrats to Myron Rolle regarding his Rhodes Scholarship chance. Great guy from a great family. Its only too bad that his interview couldn't have been in two weeks! ;) Good luck to him.
As a die hard Seminole fan, I want to thank you for your kind words for Myron Rolle. You prove that there are actually good Gators out there!
Gloom and Doom

Silver Spring, MD

#4 Nov 18, 2008
If convicted of anything, kick them clean off the team. Let them go cry to BO.
PkD

Orlando, FL

#5 Nov 18, 2008
Just a Thought wrote:
I'm as die hard a Gator as you'll find, but (as much as it pains me to say anything nice about a 'nole) it is good to hear about someone with his priorities straight. Good luck to Myron Rolle.
ctsa

Mclean, VA

#6 Nov 18, 2008
PkD
Thanks for the kind words. Kind of how I feel about Tim Tebow. Can't stand that the kid plays for the Gators and is soooo damn good. But can't take anything away from him on a personal note. He definitely seems to do things right on and off the field----but I still can't wait until he graduates---haha.

Myron Rolle is a great student/athlete/ all around guy. Great to see him at FSU. Actually only a few players are spoiling it right now. Hopefully it all gets resolved soon so we can put it behind us.
otownnole

Orlando, FL

#7 Nov 18, 2008
Just a Thought wrote:
Thank you.
otownnole

Orlando, FL

#8 Nov 18, 2008
ctsa wrote:
PkD
Thanks for the kind words. Kind of how I feel about Tim Tebow. Can't stand that the kid plays for the Gators and is soooo damn good. But can't take anything away from him on a personal note. He definitely seems to do things right on and off the field----but I still can't wait until he graduates---haha.
Myron Rolle is a great student/athlete/ all around guy. Great to see him at FSU. Actually only a few players are spoiling it right now. Hopefully it all gets resolved soon so we can put it behind us.
I will second that. It is nice to hear something nice from Gators every once in a while. It is hard not to like Tebow. I hate that he plays for the enemy, but he is a stand up kid and wish he was on our team.
RLNole

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Nov 18, 2008
What is going on with the Slantenel? Four out of five things in this article are positive. I love all aspects of the fight. It shows team spirit and toughness. It also shows that FSU has more class than other schools when handling things like this. I am glad we are so much stricter than other schools. The db getting hurt while celebrating is also great news-it shows how much they are into the game. Rolle shows how our players are really students first.

The negative is on Ponder, but I think the gates play man more than zone so I look for him to light them up.

Also, I hate Tebow. All he does is seek pub for himself.
Dan S

Branford, FL

#10 Nov 18, 2008
The media has latched on to Tebow because he's a phenomenal talent and a devout and humble kid. You make it sound like he's got a press agent or something...
Ryan

United States

#11 Nov 18, 2008
As a UF alum from the 80's, its good to see a kid like Rolle take academics seriously and have goals in life.

I am not a fan of the Noles, obviously. But players like Warrick Dunn and Derrick Brooks have always been first class guys while at FSU and in the NFL. I would NEVER root against guys like that. Even when they played at FSU and made plays (like 1993), I said to myself that he is a good kid. You cant hate players (people) like those two. Well actually those three if you include Rolle. Good, upstanding citizens.

Both schools have had their dirtbags. In the spirit of this thread (positive) I will not name names from either school. I choose to look at the positive. Both schools have their positive role models (Teabow, Wuerffel, Brooks, Dunn). Both schools are well represented.

Go Gators.
Dan S

Branford, FL

#12 Nov 18, 2008
I think Bowden said it best (never thought I'd hear myself say that). Every major team has had at least one black eye. So throwing stones at a rival about player behavior is pretty much pointless.
Duh

El Paso, TX

#13 Nov 18, 2008
Dan S wrote:
I think Bowden said it best (never thought I'd hear myself say that)**** Every major team has had at least one black eye. So throwing stones at a rival about player behavior is pretty much pointless.
One Black Eye...are you kidding me! You guys are a disgrace. Myron Rolle is an anomaly for you program and he should get extra credit for bringing you're sorry ass program up to mediocre!

“Seminole Uprising! ”

Since: Jan 08

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Nov 18, 2008
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
One Black Eye.**** are you kidding me! You guys are a disgrace. Myron Rolle is an anomaly for you program and he should get extra credit for bringing you're sorry **** program up to mediocre!
you obviously have a reading comp. problem. he is not a FSU supporter. he is pointing out that every program has problems. i guess you forgot about dead girls credit cards, weed dealers, AK-47 owners, sandwich throwers and car jacking from a tow yard. welcome to D-1 college football. its a shame you are so oblivious to D-1 college football and the thugs that play it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Ponder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Tale Of Two Ponders (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 22
News Vikings support Christian Ponder, but coach say... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Sodomites 3
News NFL Quarterbacks That Shouldn't Be Starting (May '13) May '13 flbadcatowner 16
News Souhan: It's time already: Bench McNabb and sta... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Purple Faithful 13
News College Football Preseason Top 25 (Jul '11) Aug '11 BigDan 3
News Quarterback uncertainty for Miami Hurricanes, F... (Jul '11) Jul '11 bakers dozen 2
News Anyone ready for Sooners-Seminoles? (May '11) May '11 FSU 1
More from around the web