Florida State routs Badgers to win Ch...

Florida State routs Badgers to win Champs Sports Bowl

There are 56 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 27, 2008, titled Florida State routs Badgers to win Champs Sports Bowl. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Florida State quarterback Christian Ponder completed 18 of 31 passes for 199 yards and two touchdowns and the Seminoles' defense forced three fumbles and returned two for touchdowns to lead FSU to a 42-13 ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hello

Lake Mary, FL

#43 Dec 28, 2008
reality check wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your laughable proclamatiom about "southern dominance".
By the way, the team you tout, Alabama, is 0-2 in its last two bowl games versus the Big 10. It just goes to show that you don't know what your talking about.
P.S. Did you know that if the Gators lose to Oklahoma it will be UF's seventh loss in their last 10 bowls ? Look it up.
Did you know you're an idiot?!...look that up!
NE FL Native

Saint Augustine, FL

#44 Dec 28, 2008
A E Banks wrote:
Just wait until the N.C.A.A. levies sanctions against the corrupt Bowden, T.K., and the noles athletic department. It should put the noles football team on the same level as S.M.U.
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah....
Gator

AOL

#45 Dec 28, 2008
brad hansen wrote:
What a brutal officiated game. WI nerver had a chance against FSU & the refs. Way to decide a close game. Review and overturn FSU fumbles but not WI. Nice running into the punter that never happened. Don't invite big ten teams down if it is going to be one-sided like that.
Brad, reF$U has been getting "help" by the refs for years. This will go on as long as Blobby is there.
UCFSUNOLE

Kissimmee, FL

#46 Dec 28, 2008
Joe wrote:
Caps off a really bad year for Wisconsin. There are at least 5 other schools in the Big 10 that would have crushed FSU - PSU, OSU, MSU, Iowa, Northwestern.
Wow you Big Ten fans are extremely confident of your teams considering the last time that conference won a national championship you had the help of referees. The Big Ten is a big bust. I was there at the game yesterday, and the officiating was probably more fair for Wisconsin than it was for Florida State. When will you all understand that speed is something that can't be coached. Lets be realistic, the only teams that can probably beat FSU are PSU and OSU. I know MSU is a good team ( no doubt about), but I'm not confident that they can beat FSU. Get used to it FSU is will be back next year and the return to dominance is at hand
Gator

AOL

#47 Dec 28, 2008
UCFSUNOLE wrote:
<quoted text>
Get used to it FSU is will be back next year and the return to dominance is at hand
Classic "delusionole"!
bottom line

Lincoln, NE

#48 Dec 28, 2008
Tebow will be gone after next year.

There is nobody waiting in the wings. Certainly not the alleged small time petty thief.

Meyer will be gone after next year.

There is nobody waiting in the wings. Meyer will exercise his escape clause and move to his dream school--ND.

A new dark age will descend upon the Gator nation after 2009.It will make the Zook era look like a walk in the park.

The rise of Saban. The rise of FSU. The rise of Tennessee. Miami rising.A perfect storm.

A new dark age will descend upon the Gator nation.
Nole4life

Lady Lake, FL

#49 Dec 28, 2008
The #1 priority with the incoming recruiting class has to be big, stout defensive tackles. The reason that we struggled all season against power running teams is b/c our DTs are undersized. Wisconsin's OL averaged 6'6 320lbs, and our DTs average about 275lbs. Most of the big runs given up this year have been up the middle.
Tyrannosaurus

United States

#51 Dec 29, 2008
Thanks wrote:
What a pleasure to watch a real ncaa game in Orlando. No zombie song, no ucf jumping bean chest thumpers, just football. Ucf-take note.
Different cultures. So what? Don't attend.
omeganole2

Port Richey, FL

#52 Dec 29, 2008
It was AWESOME to watch our Noles DESTROY the best that the Big 10 had to offer. It is obvious that Bobby showed his geneus by bringing in the next Legend Jimbo Fisher who added a few new rinkles to his Field Goal Attack offense. The Gaytors are shaking in their traylors with fear about the Noles being back! We almost won the toughest conference in America, the ACC, well almost won our division at least and after winning the Champs Bowl should be back in the Top 10. This years recruiting class won't be affected by the NCAA since TK is taking care of them Bozoes and we got Jimbo in waiting. Just wait unitl NEXT YEAR, baby. I knwo I've been saying that for about 8 years or so but I MEAN IT this time!

Go Bobby!
Go TK!
Go Jimbo!
Go Noles!
Tyrannosaurus

United States

#53 Dec 29, 2008
omeganole2 wrote:
It was AWESOME to watch our Noles DESTROY the best that the Big 10 had to offer. It is obvious that Bobby showed his geneus by bringing in the next Legend Jimbo Fisher who added a few new rinkles to his Field Goal Attack offense. The Gaytors are shaking in their traylors with fear about the Noles being back! We almost won the toughest conference in America, the ACC, well almost won our division at least and after winning the Champs Bowl should be back in the Top 10. This years recruiting class won't be affected by the NCAA since TK is taking care of them Bozoes and we got Jimbo in waiting. Just wait unitl NEXT YEAR, baby. I knwo I've been saying that for about 8 years or so but I MEAN IT this time!
Go Bobby!
Go TK!
Go Jimbo!
Go Noles!
The Big 10 has had a problem playing bowl games for years. They run the ball because of the conditions up north. Don't take to much out of this victory. It was one game.
DD Austin

Memphis, TN

#54 Dec 29, 2008
Ya gotta love it!!!!!!!!!!
A Christmas present for all Gophers fans!!
Thanks Florida State!!
Foosball Fan

United States

#55 Dec 29, 2008
Tyrannosaurus wrote:
<quoted text>

The Big 10 has had a problem playing bowl games for years. They run the ball because of the conditions up north. Don't take to much out of this victory. It was one game.
Please, spare us the rhetoric how the Big 10+1 teams play in frozen tundra conditions. The Big 10+1 regular season starts during Labor Day weekend and ends before Thanksgiving Day weekend. Rarely do we see a Big 10+1 game in Soldier / Lambeau field frozen tundra playoff conditions. You get more gray skies and brisk 40 degree days during that period.

A season or two ago, I was laughing when I heard how the Illinois and Wisconsin fans were dealing with a September / October game where the temps were above 80 degrees F.

Wisconsin and other Big 10+1 teams have won bowl games in FL vs SEC and ACC teams who have an unofficial home field advantage.

Wisconsin was overrated in the beginning of the season and lost to a FSU team who capitalized on Wisconsin miscues and gained momentum with the Carr TD reception before halftime.
localsportsfan

Pompano Beach, FL

#56 Dec 30, 2008
It's a crying shame that they were even allowed in a bowl game after that horrendous cheating scandal. Suspending players for 2 non-conference games & Wake Forest ---- what NCAA official does Bobby have in his back pocket?
No wonder today's youth think that they can get away with everything!
I had a high school student tell me "it's not cheating unless you get caught." All the high school football players want to go where the Coach "has their back" and will whitewash any of their wrong doing.

“Seminole Uprising! ”

Since: Jan 08

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#57 Dec 30, 2008
localsportsfan wrote:
It's a crying shame that they were even allowed in a bowl game after that horrendous cheating scandal. Suspending players for 2 non-conference games & Wake Forest ---- what NCAA official does Bobby have in his back pocket?
No wonder today's youth think that they can get away with everything!
I had a high school student tell me "it's not cheating unless you get caught." All the high school football players want to go where the Coach "has their back" and will whitewash any of their wrong doing.
well, UF would be a great place for that! they are squeky clean with urbie "text message" meyer and i recruit gymnastics girls b/c she is banging a stud WR. real legal. but, they weren't cheating b/c they didn't get caught. go ahead and follow chris rainey for one day and see all the illegal things that jackA$$ does every day.
USMarineCorp182

Lincoln, NE

#58 Jan 2, 2009
Yea only seminoles commit crimes...forget the severely intelligent QB UF has in waiting... the scholar that puts his name on in lap top he stole then tossed it outside in front of Police...we have a winner.

I have a family of all gator fans, My significant other and I are the only FSU fans in the family. One thing I will never understand is the delusion each one of my family members have. FSU will most certainly be back, it may not be next year but it will happen. For a team that went through the Zook era with 4-5 loss seasons..you sure do love to bash an FSU team who went 9-4. Its not traditional FSU or where we want to be, but for the bigger picture its not awful. As I recall the Zook era wasnt to long ago....oh wait, wasn't there a 4 or 5 loss season last year? Then losing to a garbage Mich team in Orlando? There will be an uprising
long time nole

AOL

#59 Jan 26, 2009
Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Brad, reF$U has been getting "help" by the refs for years. This will go on as long as Blobby is there.
That is an ingnorant ass comment. Check your facts fool. FSU has been 1 of the top 10 most penalized teams in the country year after year,Ever since 1989.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Ponder Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Tale Of Two Ponders (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 22
News Vikings support Christian Ponder, but coach say... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Sodomites 3
News NFL Quarterbacks That Shouldn't Be Starting (May '13) May '13 flbadcatowner 16
News Souhan: It's time already: Bench McNabb and sta... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Purple Faithful 13
News College Football Preseason Top 25 (Jul '11) Aug '11 BigDan 3
News Quarterback uncertainty for Miami Hurricanes, F... (Jul '11) Jul '11 bakers dozen 2
News Anyone ready for Sooners-Seminoles? (May '11) May '11 FSU 1
More from around the web