Florida State routs Badgers to win Champs Sports Bowl

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Florida State quarterback Christian Ponder completed 18 of 31 passes for 199 yards and two touchdowns and the Seminoles' defense forced three fumbles and returned two for touchdowns to lead FSU to a 42-13 ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of56
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
brad hansen

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

What a brutal officiated game. WI nerver had a chance against FSU & the refs. Way to decide a close game. Review and overturn FSU fumbles but not WI. Nice running into the punter that never happened. Don't invite big ten teams down if it is going to be one-sided like that.
Facts Are

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

brad hansen wrote:
What a brutal officiated game. WI nerver had a chance against FSU & the refs. Way to decide a close game. Review and overturn FSU fumbles but not WI. Nice running into the punter that never happened. Don't invite big ten teams down if it is going to be one-sided like that.
You need glasses, the only bad call was on the punter. You got drilled, and you team looked like a high school team. You just proved what everyone in the nation already knows, the big ten is a joke.
brad 2

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Dude, you must have only watched two plays. Check out sports center tonite. It was a blowout
Panhandle Nole

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

I agree with you Brad. There must have been at least 25 holds by your left tackle that never got a whiff from the referees. The mugging your wr put on FSU's number 21 on the big run in the 2nd quarter gets my award for the best non-call of the game. As for overturning fumbles, if your knee is on the ground before the player loses control of the ball, then it isn't a fumble. And I agree the punter was never touched, but that play is not reviewable. Once the ref screwed it up, it was done. Same with the placement of the chains. FSU had to go 19 yards to get a first down that should have been only 10 yards. Nice one refs. They did on 3rd and 19 and your boys should have stopped FSU, but...

My point is that the officating did stink...both ways. In between the lousy officiating, tell us what you thought of the game? Cause what I saw the 2nd half was some smashmouth FSU style whipping of your cheeseburger boys. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Other than that...yeah, the officals blew a lot of calls.
Facts Are

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

Panhandle Nole wrote:
I agree with you Brad.
Brad is a donkey and so are you. Most games you can find non-holding calls and bad officals, Wisconsin is a joke and so is the big ten. They got drilled, that is all their is too it. Do you and Brad want so whine with your cheese?
studentfsu

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

WI player calling for a fair catch and then running with it and no penalty called, Carr being tackled before the ball got there, endless 15 yards against the noles.... Yeah Brad, it was one sided. Come down and support your team and maybe you would of saw all the bad calls the zebras made.
Paul A

Winter Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

And the Big Ten continues to show it's dominance.
Bill the Cat

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

The FDA has issued a recall of some bad cheese made in Wisconsin...
JSE

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

Does anyone know what conf. that ref crew was from?
Paul A

Winter Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

JSE wrote:
Does anyone know what conf. that ref crew was from?
I would assume from the Big Ten and SEC. But people lets face the fact it wasn't a three point game.
Tyrannosaurus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

brad hansen wrote:
Big Ten teams have had a problem playing bowl games since the 70's. Prior to the 70's most of the talent developed was up north. Since the great southern teams like Alabama raised the bar the south now enjoys the advantage of weather.

To put it simply more good practice weather. It's tough. What can you do?

The call was bad but your QB and his lack of passing cost you the game.

And your team gave up. FSU is not that great of a team but you have to pound them and THROW at them.

They had 9 in the box all game. THROW the ball!
BUCKEYE AND NOLE

State College, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

To bad the Noles had to play a Big Ten team cuz I'm down with them. As long as the Big Ten finishes the remaining games strong I'll be glad. At least I know my Noles are heading in the right direction.

Since: Oct 08

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

brad hansen wrote:
Your team tried to act all bad a$$, in the end you got your a$$E$ beat bad. It's not like was even a close game, call your mommy and tell her cause we don't care.
BTW: Congrats FAU
Thanks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

What a pleasure to watch a real ncaa game in Orlando. No zombie song, no ucf jumping bean chest thumpers, just football. Ucf-take note.
Facts Are

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Thanks wrote:
What a pleasure to watch a real ncaa game in Orlando. No zombie song, no ucf jumping bean chest thumpers, just football. Ucf-take note.
The ucif donks are too ignorant to take note. They think they invented the zombie song, jumping bean, chest thumping crap. They have no class, or respect of programs that are so far superior than they are. FAU and FIU for example.

But you are right about one thing, it was nice to see real NCAA football in Orlando. We have not seen any since USF drilled ucif again for the 4th straight time in as many years.
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

Caps off a really bad year for Wisconsin. There are at least 5 other schools in the Big 10 that would have crushed FSU - PSU, OSU, MSU, Iowa, Northwestern.
Corso Is A Moron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

This game proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Bobby gets to stay until he is a 100. He is the face--and even though that face is full of liver spots and suspicious sun damage--of FSU football. I don't care if he expires, we just pop him up like the character in "Weekend At Bernie's". We should give Bobby an extension through Joe's demise. Bobby MUST have this record. Besides as he has so often said "There is only one big event after retirement". Therefore it is FSU's responsibility to never force him out because IF he retires he might "leave" us. We should be glad the rest of the world does not feel that retirement is a death sentence or Supreme Court would be filled with 9 demented judges in their 90's. In fact let's just extend him through 2029 that will bring him to an even 100. By then medical advances may have reversed the aging process and insured immortality. Bobby Forever!!
You know, the stadium name, statue and mural are not really enough. The State Legislature should act to change the name from Tallahassee to something more appropriate--Bowdenville, New Bowden, Old Bowden, South Bowden--We must show this man the respect he deserves!!
USMarineCorp182

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Judged:

Joe wrote:
Caps off a really bad year for Wisconsin. There are at least 5 other schools in the Big 10 that would have crushed FSU - PSU, OSU, MSU, Iowa, Northwestern.
Yea maybe the same PSU team that beat the Wisc which "showed up" today 20-17? Sucha power offense from the SCARY BIG 10 conference? The ACC has taken alot of s--- even after having a better win loss record against the SEC. The big 10 is not the BIG 12, SEC, or EVEN the ACC..period
Ben Dover

Dothan, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

Judged:

free shoes
reality check

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

Judged:

Tyrannosaurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Ten teams have had a problem playing bowl games since the 70's. Prior to the 70's most of the talent developed was up north. Since the great southern teams like Alabama raised the bar the south now enjoys the advantage of weather.
To put it simply more good practice weather. It's tough. What can you do?
The call was bad but your QB and his lack of passing cost you the game.
And your team gave up. FSU is not that great of a team but you have to pound them and THROW at them.
They had 9 in the box all game. THROW the ball!
Thanks for your laughable proclamatiom about "southern dominance".

By the way, the team you tout, Alabama, is 0-2 in its last two bowl games versus the Big 10. It just goes to show that you don't know what your talking about.

P.S. Did you know that if the Gators lose to Oklahoma it will be UF's seventh loss in their last 10 bowls ? Look it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of56
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Christian Ponder Discussions

Search the Christian Ponder Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Tale Of Two Ponders (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 22
Vikings support Christian Ponder, but coach say... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Sodomites 3
NFL Quarterbacks That Shouldn't Be Starting (May '13) May '13 flbadcatowner 16
Souhan: It's time already: Bench McNabb and sta... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Purple Faithful 13
College Football Preseason Top 25 (Jul '11) Aug '11 BigDan 3
Quarterback uncertainty for Miami Hurricanes, F... (Jul '11) Jul '11 bakers dozen 2
Anyone ready for Sooners-Seminoles? (May '11) May '11 FSU 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••