Trojans' thoughts are on Buckeyes

There are 20 comments on the Sep 5, 2008, LA Daily News story titled Trojans' thoughts are on Buckeyes. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

USC players get their first weekend off in more than a month, but instead of welcoming the rare break, the No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
atimtg

Cleveland, OH

#1 Sep 5, 2008
We are looking forward to matchup also, may the bsst team win.
Oh even if Ohio wins, I can not get excited because we still need to learn how to win a game at end of season and beat the SEC. Also, as much as we would like to appear undefeated in reg season for that many games, we did lose to ILLINOIS (ya the same team u trounced in bowl) last regular season. So I would think that makes USC about a 6 point fav. GO BUCKS!
Halestorm

Lima, OH

#2 Sep 5, 2008
it will be a great game with two great teams. From this Buckeye, props go out to USC for not dogging on us, but rather waiting for the challenge!
Ohio Fan

AOL

#3 Sep 5, 2008
Pete Carroll and Tressel are 2 great Coaches. It is great that both teams talk about the other with respect. I will be difficult for me to go against USC. I have always enjoyed the USC Michigan games. Now the Buckeyes need to show the Big Ten can once again become a power player in College Football.

2nd, I was born in Ohio, I now live in Illinois! Wow this year (in January) was painful!!:)
Brad

Salem, OR

#4 Sep 5, 2008
Ohio State lost a regular season game last year... to Illinois... idiot
SO WILD ABOUT

Canton, OH

#5 Sep 5, 2008
Brad,
Put on your reading glasses before you call someone an idiot.He "said" the Buckeyes "lost" to Illinois.
You sound like a "Duck" out of the water.
"A Quacker "

"Go Buckeyes !!!!"
bmerry

Huntington Beach, CA

#6 Sep 5, 2008
I guess losing to Illinois in 2007 doesn't count as a regular season game. so yeah, they're 24-0 since 2006 (except for that one).
Bill Galen

La Porte, TX

#7 Sep 5, 2008
Please choose a new profession or a new team. Your schtick is old and hating USC can only last so long. I live in Texas and am desperate for news and accidentally I clicked your column if only to say go away. Why USC puts up with you is a mystery. Any other college town and you would instant history. It's okay to have a contrary opinion but you are an ass and your hatred is a little too obvious.
P.S. Stay off of the TV. I saw that once and even the dog was terrified. Come on really!
"Theeszaasr"
It's Pete Carroll. Move to S.F.
Bill Galen

La Porte, TX

#8 Sep 5, 2008
Please choose a new profession or a new team. Your schtick is old and hating USC can only last so long. I live in Texas and am desperate for news and accidentally I clicked your column if only to say go away. Why USC puts up with you is a mystery. Any other college town and you would instant history. It's okay to ahve a contrary opinion but you are an ass.
Chad

San Jacinto, CA

#9 Sep 5, 2008
OSU lost to Illinois last season. 23-1 since '06

Since: Apr 08

Los Angeles, California

#10 Sep 5, 2008
How cool. Ohio will bring their best, California will in turn bring our best, and we'll decide it all on the field. 19 returning starters is a lot, but like one of our players said, we tend to "reload" pretty quickly. I cant wait to be at the Coliseum for this game! Been looking forward to this one for a long time.

Fight on trojans.
Shinjo

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#11 Sep 5, 2008
I can't wait for this game. Any idea on how many Ohio State fans are going to make the trip?
Jake

Cromwell, CT

#12 Sep 5, 2008
There's a better choice:
http://www.cafepress.com/stickerworld
bill howard

Onondaga, MI

#14 Sep 7, 2008
if the usc football team would play teams like ohiostate, Flrodia, LSU, they would'nt have the chance of being so good every year but you guys play teams like rice, that dont even match up to you go bucks beat usc pete carroll loses again
bill howard

Onondaga, MI

#15 Sep 7, 2008
GO BUCKS BEAT THE TROJANS USC GETS BEAT AGAIN TO THE BIG TEN GO BUCKS GO BUCKS GO BUCKS
joe bruin

Trenton, NJ

#16 Sep 7, 2008
Go ucla
mr don

Trenton, NJ

#17 Sep 7, 2008
El rancho high football in pico rivera could beat the trojans
steve

Baltimore, MD

#18 Sep 7, 2008
my thought on ohio st vs sc is simple.if chris wells play and if osu comes to play ohio st has a change to win ,fliop side if osu plays the way they did vs ohio sc will blow them out,kinda unsettle with usc sure they virgina but whens the last time virgina had a good football team there not west virgina so my feeling are both like either sc is as good or osu not as good i hope for a classic match up like the rose bowls of the 70's
UCLA ROB

Valyermo, CA

#19 Sep 7, 2008
SoCalMike wrote:
How cool. Ohio will bring their best, California will in turn bring our best, and we'll decide it all on the field. 19 returning starters is a lot, but like one of our players said, we tend to "reload" pretty quickly. I cant wait to be at the Coliseum for this game! Been looking forward to this one for a long time.
Fight on trojans.
Word of advice, watch out for your wallets Buckeye fans, the game is not being played at the Rose Bowl, it's in South Central.
Seymour Puns

Palm Springs, CA

#20 Sep 7, 2008
mr don wrote:
El rancho high football in pico rivera could beat the trojans
OK, but there not playing El Rancho High.
Bow to the Sun Devil

United States

#21 Sep 7, 2008
Ohio State seems overrated. Beating Ohio by 12 points doesn't make anyone shake in their boots. USC ought to beat OS in a close game. If Beanie is out, you can call it a day. SC will have a harder time with a team it overlooks after they get comfortable with a few wins under their belt. OS won't be the ones to knock them off their perch though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Wells Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL: How former Buckeyes fared | BuckeyeXtra (Jan '11) Jan '11 TNBuckeye 2
News NFL: How former Buckeyes fared | BuckeyeXtra (Nov '10) Nov '10 dandydon64 3
News NFL: How former Buckeyes fared | BuckeyeXtra (Oct '10) Oct '10 JAG 3
News NFL: How former Buckeyes fared | BuckeyeXtra (Oct '10) Oct '10 Canton Calling 2
News NFL: How former Buckeyes fared | BuckeyeXtra (Sep '10) Sep '10 Worthless article 2
News Heisman Power Rankings: Who Are the Early Favor... (Jul '10) Aug '10 BigDan 27
News History says OSU fans should temper expectations (Jan '10) Jan '10 Florida Engineer 12
More from around the web