Purdue beats C. Michigan in Motor Cit...

Purdue beats C. Michigan in Motor City Bowl thriller

There are 68 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 26, 2007, titled Purdue beats C. Michigan in Motor City Bowl thriller. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Chris Summers kicked a 40-yard field goal as time expired in the Motor City Bowl, lifting Purdue to a 51-48 win over Central Michigan on Wednesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jason

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Dec 26, 2007
Way to go Boilers!!
Kit McSumner

Montgomery, IL

#2 Dec 26, 2007
Way to go Boilers. I'm a Hoosier fan, but it was good to see a Big Ten win in an exciting game.
IU alum 1992

Falmouth, KY

#3 Dec 26, 2007
Hats off to the Boilers - you deserve it and have fun. Let's support another Indiana team next week - Go IU!
HoosierHusker

Dayton, OH

#4 Dec 26, 2007
What? No defense. Fun game to watch, but no wonder both teams lost over 5 games. Their D is sad.
ALo

Monticello, IN

#5 Dec 26, 2007
Yeah Boilers, Congrats for again showing America why the Big Ten is awful by blowing a 21 point 3rd quarter lead to a team in the MAC and pulling out the win with a late FG. What a bunch of jokers, seriously. Dominant Win by a Dominant Conference, keep telling yourselves that Boiler Fans. As far as i am concerned Purdue has no business being in a BCS conference after the way they have played this year. Maybe you guys should just go join the MAC!

Since: Jul 07

United States

#6 Dec 26, 2007
Whatta POWERHOUSE! A HUGE win against Central Northern Eastern Southern Michigan U!

Let me guess? Purwho should be #1 now?

It was almost a Woe-fford moment.
just curious

Delaware, OH

#7 Dec 26, 2007
3 21-point leads and CM still made a game of it? wow...
coach

United States

#8 Dec 26, 2007
I had the under
Illinois Boiler

East Galesburg, IL

#9 Dec 26, 2007
A win is a win, but the defense was terrible in the second half. Had we lost, I think Spack should have been fired, if not Tiller.
Fire Tiller

Des Plaines, IL

#10 Dec 26, 2007
Way to go - under achieve again, just like the rest of the year. You barely pull out a game against a nobody and act like you won something. Past time for Tiller to go.
CardFan12

Redwood City, CA

#11 Dec 26, 2007
Great game Boilers, and congrats to Chris Summers for coming through with a clutch kick.

CMU is a better team than they showed earlier in the season and Purdue took care of business.
Will Laugh next week

Columbus, IN

#12 Dec 26, 2007
Hoosierdaddy wrote:
Whatta POWERHOUSE! A HUGE win against Central Northern Eastern Southern Michigan U!
Remember this after the year ends: Would you rather win a thrilling Motor City Bowl or get pounded by OSU? Your call
WOLO

Columbus, IN

#13 Dec 26, 2007
ALo wrote:
Yeah Boilers, Congrats for again showing America why the Big Ten is awful by blowing a 21 point 3rd quarter lead to a team in the MAC and pulling out the win with a late FG. What a bunch of jokers, seriously. Dominant Win by a Dominant Conference, keep telling yourselves that Boiler Fans. As far as i am concerned Purdue has no business being in a BCS conference after the way they have played this year. Maybe you guys should just go join the MAC!
So original....hey, since we are doing old jokes, "Gotta go, I think Samspson is calling"
Ward

Frankfort, KY

#14 Dec 26, 2007
Just shows you how good CMU's offense is. I don't think there's a single offense in the Big Ten that could outplay them.

The bit about Purdue having no business in the BIG TEN? It's absurd.
ALo wrote:
Bokonon

Franklin, IN

#15 Dec 26, 2007
I found myself, a dedicated Purdue fan and graduate, rooting for the more deserving team (Central Michigan of course). Purdue has no heart. Sad to say IU does. This game should be another reason of many to get rid of Tiller. At times, it looked as though we were paid to miss tackles. Dorien Bryant will receive his much-earned demotion in the draft. He drops many passes and is too scared to go to the middle against good teams. For some reason, Brock Spack cannot inspire half the intensity in his defense that he had when he played. Tiller's expectations have dropped so low that he stated that he expected the IU game to be decided by a field goal. I don't care if we go 3-8, let's get a coach that will inspire his players!

United States

#16 Dec 26, 2007
CardFan12 wrote:
Great game Boilers, and congrats to Chris Summers for coming through with a clutch kick.
CMU is a better team than they showed earlier in the season and Purdue took care of business.
Took care of business? A MAC team? What game did you watch?
Bokonon

Franklin, IN

#17 Dec 26, 2007
Hoosierdaddy wrote:
You can speak up whenever IU football goes over the .500 mark in conference play, jackass.

United States

#18 Dec 26, 2007
IU losing to Oklahoma State is not comparable to a win over Central Northern Eastern Southern Michigan U.

I guess any win is special in Laughietter.

How low has the mighty Big 1, Little 10 sunk!
Zombie Tiller

Kansas City, MO

#19 Dec 26, 2007
I don't want coach football. I want...

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINS...BRAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINS.

Tiller's staff has become an embarrassment to Purdue. Fire his azz.

United States

#20 Dec 26, 2007
Bokonon wrote:
<quoted text> You can speak up whenever IU football goes over the .500 mark in conference play, jackass.
The same could be said of Purwho. Nice 500 Big 10 record. I missed that stat, as did everyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Summers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hoyer's 2 TD passes lead Michigan St. to 48-31 ... (Nov '07) Oct '08 sdp00 27
News Purdue to use new kicker vs. OSU (Oct '08) Oct '08 IndyBuckeye 1
News Boilers satisfied with their competitiveness at... (Nov '07) Nov '07 666amore 53
News Early fumble turns tide against Boilers (Nov '07) Nov '07 boiler4evr 23
News 'Geeked up' defenders struggle early (Nov '07) Nov '07 BoilerUp 3
News Purdue thumps Iowa (Oct '07) Oct '07 boilerfan 15
News Boilers handle Irish's surge (Sep '07) Oct '07 PURDUE LOVER 4 EVER 52
More from around the web