NFL Draft: Titans select running back...

NFL Draft: Titans select running back Chris Johnson in first round

There are 10 comments on the The Jackson Sun story from Apr 26, 2008, titled NFL Draft: Titans select running back Chris Johnson in first round. In it, The Jackson Sun reports that:

The Tennessee Titans moved to help Vince Young and bolster an offense that needs some speed by drafting running back Chris Johnson out of East Carolina with the No. via The Jackson Sun

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jackson Sun.

Big E

Maryville, TN

#1 Apr 26, 2008
Unbelieveable
D Flem

Aurora, CO

#2 Apr 26, 2008
Unbelievably good that is! Got a guy Vince can throw a 5 yard pass to and turn it in to a 60 yard TD reception.
PirateNation

United States

#3 Apr 26, 2008
Listen, to every Titan fan that views this and feels the need to flip out. You have NO idea what the titans have acquired in Chris Johnson. Please realize that maybe just maybe the titan's staff has seen what all of North Carolina has for the last few years. There are many many reasons why this was and will prove to be the best pick of the entire draft.

First, and in my opinion a very importantly reason. Is after the pacman situation you do not want some one else being sent to jail, or giving an negative image to the Titans. CJ is one of the most down to earth people, he loves football and would never do anything to jeopardize his team.

Second, Main complaint is "WHY NO WR??" Have any of you guys actually LOOKED at the Wides in this draft? They are junk and even smaller/SLOWER then CJ. Also do you guys realize that CJ ACTUALLY played WR for a long time?

Third, CJ can cover ground at a speed that seems even faster then 4.2 speed. Even if he is not the Titan's 1st down RB, he WILL be a devastating at Punt returns, kick offs, and the all important option play. CJ will fit in to the Titan's offense and give it the quickness and dynamics that are NEEDED for a great team. By the time the season rolls around CJ will be close to 215 pounds after having worked with NFL trainers.

Please have a little faith in the Titans staff, if you are a true fan then you will atleast wait an year to curse this pick ;) and i'm pretty sure the only thing you will be actually doing is being swept up in the pure ablity and skill's of CJ that will soon be shown to you.
G-vagas

Landrum, SC

#4 Apr 27, 2008
c12specialk

Atlanta, GA

#5 May 3, 2008
He does run 100meters in 10.3 seconds...but i want to see that speed in a game...could be a big hit or a huge bust...
Darren

Monterey, TN

#6 Jun 23, 2008
He's fast but we need to see how he transitions into the league before we say he's good or bad.
DaTruth

Thompsons, TX

#7 Jul 2, 2008
Weak attempt in replacing Pacman on kickoff and punt returns. Dude is a joke.
Hammer

Pompano Beach, FL

#8 Dec 7, 2008
I think he has answered your questions. If he is a bust or a joke as some have said, then we need several more jokes.
CRJ

Dickson, TN

#9 Dec 13, 2008
Hammer wrote:
I think he has answered your questions. If he is a bust or a joke as some have said, then we need several more jokes.
I have to admit, i was one who really critized the Titans for takin Chris Johnson, i thought the last thing we needed to draft in the first round was a running back, maybe second or third cause im not a huge fan of LenDale White's but i was screaming that they needed a wide receiver, which i still am, but i thought if they were going to draft a running back, i was hoping it'd be Felix Jones from Arkansas, but Johnson has sold me on him. He still is a rookie, but i hope that the potential he has shown this year continues to grow.
amber shy

San Francisco, CA

#10 Jun 11, 2009
CHRIS IS GAY!! HE LIKES TO GET HIS THING SUCK BY OTHER MEN!! WTF IS GOING ON THE THIS INDUSTRY???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL: Oakland Raiders Running Back Darren McFadd... (Nov '12) Nov '12 The New Tebow 32
News Monte Poole: Despair quick to set in for fanbas... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News Peyton Manning activated but still iffy for Col... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Sheik Yerbouti 5
News Johnson blasts 'fake Titans fans' (Sep '11) Sep '11 Stufffarts 4
News Charles Emerges as Bright Spot in Dismal Chiefs... (Dec '09) Jan '10 concerned in exce... 5
News peterson on the run (Nov '09) Nov '09 rtpSPAL 7
News Week 12 Cheat Sheet: NFL picks and predictions (Nov '09) Nov '09 Achmed 2
More from around the web