NFL: Oakland Raiders Running Back Darren McFadden Is a Bust

Nov 26, 2012 Full story: BleacherReport 32

Darren McFadden took his typical spot on the field Nov. 25 in Cincinnati - on the sideline.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Nov 27, 2012
I'm really starting to agree with this...He had one good year and that was Tom Cable's last year with us. He was on the brink to repeat that the next year as he was leading the NFL in rushing but then suffered what turned out to be a season ending injury and now he's hurt again and once a gain unproductive in Greg Knapp's offense.

I've heard rumors that McFadden, DHB, & Michael Huff, could be gone for sure at the end of the season if things don't change and other possiblilities include Carson Palmer, Richard Seymour, Tommy Kelly, Cooper Carlisle, whoever is starting at RT and Rolando McClain...Money vs productivity will play the biggest role in who stays and who goes in the offseason.

I think age is starting to show in Seymour and Kelly and it has been for a while in Carlisle.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#2 Nov 27, 2012
TexasRaider wrote:
I'm really starting to agree with this...He had one good year and that was Tom Cable's last year with us. He was on the brink to repeat that the next year as he was leading the NFL in rushing but then suffered what turned out to be a season ending injury and now he's hurt again and once a gain unproductive in Greg Knapp's offense.
I've heard rumors that McFadden, DHB, & Michael Huff, could be gone for sure at the end of the season if things don't change and other possiblilities include Carson Palmer, Richard Seymour, Tommy Kelly, Cooper Carlisle, whoever is starting at RT and Rolando McClain...Money vs productivity will play the biggest role in who stays and who goes in the offseason.
I think age is starting to show in Seymour and Kelly and it has been for a while in Carlisle.
i'll be like the haters, "why not just blow up the team and start over" (lol). but they might as will start over. they already took it apart for the most part? but to get even with them (mckenzy and d allen), they better get rid of the coaching they brought in! ALL OF THEM!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
raiderfaith

Lexington, NC

#3 Nov 27, 2012
This is garbage. His failure is absolutely due to Knapp's scheme. I can't stand the bleacher report as mist articles are garbage(TR's was one of the few good ones).

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#4 Nov 27, 2012
well i haven't read this article cause i don't read bleacher report. but IMO, dmac did fail under the g knapp zone blocking scheme. i was mentioning questioning on another article here on how come m reece, goodson, stewart are doing better than dmac. when they started to blend the "zone blocking scheme with the power blocking scheme, dmac improved on his running and a couple of games later he was injured. but regardless, before they mixed the two (zbs and pbs) goodson was putting up yds when dmac took a break or was injured for the day. reece, goodson and stewart are doing pretty good and as good as dmac would have. if t jones got a chance to run more often i wonder if he would do just as good. but i doubt it. if hue jackson and dennis allen have held him back, maybe t jones doesn't have it. so in other words, in my own opinion, i would not bring dmac back next season, mainly, and i mean, mainly, because of his injury. reece is getting old but he is not our main starter. goodson is doing wonders with this team and stewart has had but a few good runs and we don't know about t jones cause he hardly gets a chance to run. plus, he's injury prone too! so far for next season i still want to see goodson and reece back. dmac? sorry but i wouldn't. he's not a shifty or power runner. he's a straight up runner good with the power blocking scheme. tough, he is. but wayyy too many injuries. i prefer to look in the draft for a tough guy power runner with limited injury.
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#5 Nov 27, 2012
and i know injury can happen to any-one player but some are just injury prone! compare jason campbell with carson palmer? palmer is tough! he can take a hit and keep on ticking. j campbell was almost out the other two last games he played! "exagerating" but true!
dmac's legs and ankle's are just not made to shift from side to side. and why come back for more time off when we may need him for a lot of those games he could be playing. a bust he's not, but i'd still trade him for more!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
raider4life

Hauula, HI

#6 Nov 28, 2012
I don't think he's a bust but he is injury prone, when he is healthy and used correctly (damnit Knapp) he is the best running back in the league, his best years are still ahead of him would hate to see him in another jersey

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#7 Nov 28, 2012
raider4life wrote:
I don't think he's a bust but he is injury prone, when he is healthy and used correctly (damnit Knapp) he is the best running back in the league, his best years are still ahead of him would hate to see him in another jersey
better said, he's a bust because of his constant injury. i like mcfadden, don't anybody get me wrong. it's just, we need a full time player. i expect injuries once or twice a year but not constant injuries and season ending injuries! that's what the problem is with dmac. there for, "I" prefer to move on without him after the same results every season since he joined the RAIDERS.
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#8 Nov 28, 2012
These last 10 years have been a bust...2010 and 2011 were legit at 8-8 but I want a winning season or better. Our first round picks over the years, only half were questionable
2004 Robert Gallery was touted as a can't miss OL but didn't pan out
2005 at first traded a high one away then eventually got a low one and took Fabian Washington who was average, but we could've done better
2006 Michael Huff was a bust from day one
2007 Jamarcus Russell was a bust from day one and I think we could've used this pick more wisely and maybe got him in round 2
2008 Darren McFadden was touted as can't miss but has been injury prone
2009 Darius Heyward-Bey definatly could've been used more wisely and I think he would've fallen to us in round two
2010 Rolando McClain was touted as can't miss and I think still has some hope

2011 and 2012 were dealt away for Richard Seymour and Carson Palmer and both seem to be nearing the end of their careers.

We had 7 top ten picks in the last 10 years and none have panned out as expected but one player is not gonna solve a disaster for any team. It starts with the coaching and scheming and you have to draft players that are good fits for your scheme and coach them to perform at the best of their ability
Knapp Time

United States

#9 Nov 29, 2012
McKenzie will draft more clowns....
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#10 Nov 29, 2012
Anytime you draft someone named Fabian, Jamarcus, or Darius you know you are screwed
Belcher Report

Miami, FL

#11 Nov 29, 2012
He's always McInjured, plus their offense sucks in general sucks donkey balls
Timmothy Teblow

Littleton, CO

#12 Nov 29, 2012
Belcher Report wrote:
He's always McInjured, plus their offense sucks in general sucks donkey balls
Thats
Field General sucks donkey balls
Knapp Time

United States

#13 Nov 29, 2012
Time to drop the "Throw a dart and see who it lands on" war room draft plan....
Solution Man

Miami, FL

#14 Nov 29, 2012
Hire Art Shell again.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#15 Nov 29, 2012
dmac wil do decently through out the time he plays this rest of the season. only cause now they have added the power blocking scheme to g knapp's zone blocking scheme. yea, g knapp has cut down dmac's running yds but dmac too has not found other lanes to run when his lanes are closed. that's, his own fault! that's, what would make him that much better as a (rb). the power blocking scheme worked for dmac cause he runs to the sides and is more capable of finding a lane to run through. but yet, he's not the best at it. it's nice when he breaks through cause of his speed but those lanes aren't open for him all the time. i hope he has a decent season of what's left of it but i would still trade him. changing a (O-coach) will do him good but he will injure again for sure.
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Knapp Time

United States

#16 Nov 29, 2012
Bring back the Ford Pinto too....
Ghost of Al Davis

Miami, FL

#17 Nov 29, 2012
Bring back asbestos ceiling tiles
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#18 Nov 29, 2012
Knapp Time wrote:
Bring back the Ford Pinto too....
Bring back the ultimate chick car....THE VEGA
Knapp Time

United States

#19 Nov 29, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Bring back the ultimate chick car....THE VEGA
You could get more in a '76 Mitsubishi Galant Lambda coupe...

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#20 Nov 29, 2012
dodge dart!
RAIDERS 2012!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monte Poole: Despair quick to set in for fanbas... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Laughing Bear Fan 6
Peyton Manning activated but still iffy for Col... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Sheik Yerbouti 5
Johnson blasts 'fake Titans fans' (Sep '11) Sep '11 Stufffarts 4
Charles Emerges as Bright Spot in Dismal Chiefs... (Dec '09) Jan '10 concerned in exce... 5
peterson on the run (Nov '09) Nov '09 rtpSPAL 7
Week 12 Cheat Sheet: NFL picks and predictions (Nov '09) Nov '09 Achmed 2
Intel: Titans at Pats (Oct '09) Oct '09 The Truth 3

Chris Johnson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE