Cavaliers on a Roll as Virginia Tech ...

Cavaliers on a Roll as Virginia Tech Comes to Town Saturday - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News...

There are 10 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Nov 21, 2011, titled Cavaliers on a Roll as Virginia Tech Comes to Town Saturday - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Virginia and Virginia Tech have been playing each other in football since 1895, almost 100 games.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

W00dy

United States

#1 Nov 21, 2011
I think Virginia is going to win.m We're due !
W00dy

United States

#2 Nov 21, 2011
Win. mb
W00dy

United States

#3 Nov 21, 2011
Win !
wahoo

Hampton, VA

#4 Nov 21, 2011
I hope that there is actual UVA fans and not over ran with hokie fans.
ABC

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Nov 22, 2011
Of course it will be overun with Hokie fans because there are no die hard UVA fans. They priced all of the real fans out of the stadium for a mediocre team. Just check Craigslist for tickets and see a pair of tickets in the upper deck for $500. Charlottesville wouldn't know what to do with a real football team. They shouldn't have won last week and they certainly won't even be close enough to make it exciting this week.
history buff

Glen Allen, VA

#6 Nov 22, 2011
ABC wrote:
Of course it will be overun with Hokie fans because there are no die hard UVA fans. They priced all of the real fans out of the stadium for a mediocre team. Just check Craigslist for tickets and see a pair of tickets in the upper deck for $500. Charlottesville wouldn't know what to do with a real football team. They shouldn't have won last week and they certainly won't even be close enough to make it exciting this week.
"Won't even be close enough to make it exciting"...I'm sure that's what Georgia Tech thought.And Miami.And Florida State.There's an old adage about words that I subscribe to,and you may want to as well.Keep them soft and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.
ABC

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Nov 23, 2011
history buff wrote:
<quoted text>
"Won't even be close enough to make it exciting"...I'm sure that's what Georgia Tech thought.And Miami.And Florida State.There's an old adage about words that I subscribe to,and you may want to as well.Keep them soft and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.
I will gladly eat them later as I had to do after the FSU game, which coincidently took FSU's worst performance of the year coupled with a first half officiating debacle to keep UVA even close. FSU allowed UVA 90 yards TOTAL between their two touchdowns with truly mediocre defensive play. The only thing UVA has done has continued to prove to the rest of the college football world how big of a joke ACC football is (to include VT currently being ranked #5). Next year will be essential for the ACC to come out strong or it will be just like the PAC-10 pre-expansion...one good team that would be able to finish 3rd or 4th in the SEC. If UVA somehow pulls another one out of their rear it will be sad to see the embarassing loss and shame they will bring to the ACC in their bowl game. And if you like history here is a bit of shining light for the ACC: FSU became bowl eligible for the 30th consecutive year. People in Charlottesville need to understand their place...and before you get their I was born and raised in Charlottesville and had UVA tickets for 27 years so don't try that rebuttal.
history buff

Glen Allen, VA

#8 Nov 23, 2011
ABC wrote:
<quoted text>
I will gladly eat them later as I had to do after the FSU game, which coincidently took FSU's worst performance of the year coupled with a first half officiating debacle to keep UVA even close. FSU allowed UVA 90 yards TOTAL between their two touchdowns with truly mediocre defensive play. The only thing UVA has done has continued to prove to the rest of the college football world how big of a joke ACC football is (to include VT currently being ranked #5). Next year will be essential for the ACC to come out strong or it will be just like the PAC-10 pre-expansion...one good team that would be able to finish 3rd or 4th in the SEC. If UVA somehow pulls another one out of their rear it will be sad to see the embarassing loss and shame they will bring to the ACC in their bowl game. And if you like history here is a bit of shining light for the ACC: FSU became bowl eligible for the 30th consecutive year. People in Charlottesville need to understand their place...and before you get their I was born and raised in Charlottesville and had UVA tickets for 27 years so don't try that rebuttal.
It must suck to be you.

I chose my team,The Virginia Cavaliers,years ago.I've stuck by them through the good years and the bad.I've suffered and I've rejoiced.No matter what though,I was and still am a Cavaliers fan.Are they a top-flight college football team?No,at least not yet.Could they be?possibly.It doesn't matter to me though and I won't let someone like you make me feel stupid by enjoying the obvious improvement they've made.That's my team.To only pull for a team that wins a lot sounds too much like a lot of Hokies fans.Sorry you're too cynical to enjoy what's happening right before your eyes.It's really a great thing to see.
Ryan

Cumming, GA

#10 Nov 24, 2011
Congrats UVA fans. You're having a solid season. Clemson is wishing you luck. I was up in Charlottesville the last time Clemson visited and was impressed. Good luck against the Hokies, they're really talented and I think they'll getcha, but I sure hope not. I don't want to play them again. Mike London is the man.
http://ryankantor.com/2011/11/24/study-reveal...
Oh, and South Carolina-Columbia stinks! Go Tigers!
Go Hoos!
TureFan

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Nov 25, 2011
I hope Virginia comes out of Saturday with a win, but if they don't, I won't be crying in the stands unlike some fans from Tech who seem to feel entitled to a win just because they are Tech. I've enjoyed this year, would like more wins, but if they don't come, I still can appreciate the improvement I've seen and look forward to the future.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chase Minnifield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Redskins Release Chase Minnifield - NBC29 WVIR ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Pooditter 1
News Burd, Brooks, and 2 Dukes Sign Undrafted NFL Fr... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Analysis 1
News Mistakes, Turnovers, and Special Teams Cost Cav... (Jan '12) Jan '12 why vote 2
News Minnifield Will Miss Bowl Game - NBC29 WVIR Cha... (Jan '12) Jan '12 looking ahead 1
News UVA Falls 43-24 In Chick-fil-A Bowl - NBC29 WVI... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Guy Fawke 6
News Mike London Receives Contract Extension - NBC29... (Dec '11) Jan '12 Bangers and Mash 3
News Chase Minnifield Wins Pop Warner National Colle... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Carter 2
More from around the web