Garrett Gilbert named Texas Longhorns' starting quarterback

Aug 29, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Dallas Morning News

After surviving 17 interceptions in 2010 and a four-way competition in the offseason, Garrett Gilbert has reclaimed the starting quarterback job at Texas.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Sep 5, 2011
odishop true fan

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2011

I think its the wrong move I am truly the wrong move I can not believe it he is not a qb go w McCoy he is a beast and look what his brother did he is a great but they put gillbert did last year he doesn't have enough talent that sums it up and always HOOK'EM HORNS

“Taking theTopix summer off!”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2011

Doesnt matter who Texas starts. When it comes time to get revenge against the (B)ruins, the score will be

UCLA - 10
TEXAS - 41
hooked

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

Garret is a true talent who had the wrong style of offensive coordinator coaching him last year. It was a good choice. Bryan harsin will teach him the proper way to be a QB. Greg davis was a spread offense coach! Harsin is pro style! Garret is a pro style QB ! Good choice Mack
HARLEYDELUXE

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

It's a new year and Greg Davis is gone. Lets give Gilbert a chance and see what he can do before throwing him under the bus. Last year he had no line, no backs and no receivers that could seperate at all from the defenders. This year he has a "Shipley" to throw to in the slot and I've also heard rumors of an actual tightend... not to mention a real offensive coordinator. I have a feeling with a few good games under his belt he'll get some swagger and even develop some leadership qualities...
Dawson Guegg

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

There isn't one player on the Longhorn squad that takes his studies as seriously as Garrett Gilbert does. He hits the books until 3:00 - 4:00 AM every single night.
MAJ

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2011

Judged:

Wow, If you are confident in this season with Gilbert at the helm, then I apologize, but I see another disappointing season In Austin....

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2011

hooked wrote:
Garret is a true talent who had the wrong style of offensive coordinator coaching him last year. It was a good choice. Bryan harsin will teach him the proper way to be a QB. Greg davis was a spread offense coach! Harsin is pro style! Garret is a pro style QB ! Good choice Mack
or maybe because the longhorns are the gayest team out there he will fit right in... suprised nobody from texas hasnt tried kicking his ass

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Case McCoy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
QB Situation next year (Jan '14) Jan '14 UT Titan 3
Texas Outlasts Virginia In Overtime (Nov '13) Nov '13 Nikki 1
David Ash Injury: Updates on Texas QB's Head, P... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Clique777 2
Breaking down spring camp: Texas (Feb '13) Feb '13 Will 1
Insight on the Texas QB Situation (Jan '13) Jan '13 bob 1
Did Case Watch? (Dec '12) Jan '13 The Bob 4
Brown expects 3-way QB battle in spring (Dec '11) Dec '12 tim 9
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Case McCoy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••