Buckeyes Drop In AP Poll

Full story: 10TV WBNS

After a season on the outs, Michigan is back in the AP Top 25. The Wolverines, unranked all last season while finishing 3-9, were No.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Sep 15, 2009
Terry

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

I hope that ohio state butt licks loose so many games that they drop out of the rankings!
Tressel4Prez

Galloway, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

Terry, I think you mean "lose." Obviously you are a Michigan Grad. The Bucks will have a good season, and get into another BCS game. Hopefully, this time they close the deal, and win one.
B Scott

Wellesley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

If OSU can only beat small schools, then maybe we ought to get rid of our small school coach and get one from the SEC. We have talent, in players, but not coaches.
Wiley C

London, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

Lose to the #3 ranked team by three and out play them up to the last two minutes. You don't know anything about football, stick with soccer. I'm sure you haven't been in a stadium to watch a game.
Jeff

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

Wiley C wrote:
Lose to the #3 ranked team by three and out play them up to the last two minutes. You don't know anything about football, stick with soccer. I'm sure you haven't been in a stadium to watch a game.
OSU outplayed USC but still lost, you made the point for Wiley C. That is coaching. What would the score have been if USC lived in Buckeye territory the entire second half, like OSU did with USC. A last minute touchdown would have been meaningless as USC would have been up by 30 if they lived in OSU territory.
OSU now has lost 6 straight to top 5 teams when they have been in the top 5 themselves at the time, except the USC game when they were 8th.
Go back and figure Tressel's record in games the spread is less than 7 points either way, no 40 point favorites.
I bet Tressel is now under .450 against legitimate teams, not .813 like ESPN showed last night overall.
I am a buckeye fan, been to the games. Beating weak opponents just to lose to legitimate competition is not good coaching, and you know it. There does not even have to be a head coach on the field if you are 40 point favorites, the asst coaches could win those games by themselves. A 40 point favorite is a touchdown and a field goal favorite each and every quarter.
Jeff

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Terry wrote:
I hope that ohio state butt licks loose so many games that they drop out of the rankings!
I hope Ohio State does win, everytime.

What I hope against is when Tressel gets a bonus for a 9-3 season, and the 9 wins were against nobody and every legitimate teams beat us that year.

Give Tressel a huge bonus for winning the national championship, but do not cheapen that accomplishment with bonuses for marginal performance, we have enough of that in society already.
Bluehen Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

The Bucks play calling was terrible saturday nite. I could almost pick what plays and when they were going to do them. It put additional pressure on QB Pryor. They should have kicked the field goal when they punted
Roadworker

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

How can USC even be mentioned let alone get a vote for 1st place....must be from Cali
Phil

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Who Really Cares?!!
Mgwolf

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

Bucks will lose 2 more... Fall out of top 25. Get new coach!
GOODBYE TRESSEL

Canal Winchester, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Tressel is so predictable....I wish he had some ba**s like Carrol does. USC wasn't moving the ball, I believe they had 5 total yards and Tressel wouldn't go for it down on the goal line....Grow some BALLS!!!!!!!!It's time to get a coach in here that has some imagination. This game reminded me of Illinois a few years back and several others where the coaches couldn't figure out a way of stopping the other team. Tressel looked dumbfounded!!!!!!!!
Alli S

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Tressel4Prez wrote:
Terry, I think you mean "lose." Obviously you are a Michigan Grad. The Bucks will have a good season, and get into another BCS game. Hopefully, this time they close the deal, and win one.
Oh please, I am going to get my diploma from Ohio State in two quarters and even I know this is bull. Michigan is a better school hands down.

I am sick and tired of these washed-out adults coming to my Campus and making my classmates and me look like jerks and uneducated morons.

Last night whilst I was walking to the game, I heard adult after adult hurling drunken insults towards USC fans. While I am sure USC fans have been guilty of these offenses in the past, it doesn't make it right.

I enjoy watching my classmates having fun playing sports and participating in sporting events as fans. I myself was in the athletic band and had a great time performing at sporting events. However, our fun is ruined time and time again by adults who probably didn't even go to Ohio State and live vicariously through the football program.

To add insult to injury, many students (if not most) buying football tickets were S.O.L. for this game because the tickets were bought by rich donators who then sold them back to students for a huge profit. When the tickets went on sale, the paltry 8,000 or so tickets offered to students sold out in less than an hour.

When we dress up in scarlet and grey, paint our faces, get smashed, and act like morons, it is school spirit. When non-students do it, it is weird. Neutron man is the only adult fan who will ever be cool. Grow up, get a life, and get off my Campus if you are going to embarrass my school.
Alli S

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

P.S. It's just a game.
bambam_138

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

Our Buckeyes played there hearts out,in a game they were never expected to win,players-vrs-players i feel Our bucks could have won this game and out played UFC,Jim Tressel was out couched,They played the clock against him in the first half and walked into halftime tied up,Shoulda never happened!And then at the end of the second half beat him with the clock again!Not leaveing us time to score ,Jim Tressel got beat!But our Buckeye played a heck of a game.
Nasty

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

Alli S wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, I am going to get my diploma from Ohio State in two quarters and even I know this is bull. Michigan is a better school hands down.
I am sick and tired of these washed-out adults coming to my Campus and making my classmates and me look like jerks and uneducated morons.
Last night whilst I was walking to the game, I heard adult after adult hurling drunken insults towards USC fans. While I am sure USC fans have been guilty of these offenses in the past, it doesn't make it right.
I enjoy watching my classmates having fun playing sports and participating in sporting events as fans. I myself was in the athletic band and had a great time performing at sporting events. However, our fun is ruined time and time again by adults who probably didn't even go to Ohio State and live vicariously through the football program.
To add insult to injury, many students (if not most) buying football tickets were S.O.L. for this game because the tickets were bought by rich donators who then sold them back to students for a huge profit. When the tickets went on sale, the paltry 8,000 or so tickets offered to students sold out in less than an hour.
When we dress up in scarlet and grey, paint our faces, get smashed, and act like morons, it is school spirit. When non-students do it, it is weird. Neutron man is the only adult fan who will ever be cool. Grow up, get a life, and get off my Campus if you are going to embarrass my school.
Doesn't surprise me you were in the band....

“Defecting to Mexico”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2009

Facts are facts. If the coaches would have switched sides for this game OSU would have won. Tressel's ego won't allow him to hire an offensive coordinator and is hurting Ohio State. Poor coaching cost Ohio State that game. The better team lost and the better coach won. Pryor had a horrible game and I question his decision making skills. I'm not sure he'll ever be the QB people wish for. Everyone else played well, except for Anderson Russell who again gave up a 3rd and long pass play on that last drive. Kudos to Gibson, Torrence, Wilson (for bumping the USC QB), Hines, Heyward, and Rolle. They brought their "swagger" with them to this game and didn't look scared at all. Also "Boom" ran hard and Saine did a nice job. Oline did a decent job also. Tressel, put the ego away and hire an OC. You're killing us.
Wiley C

London, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2009

Pryor throws a interception the first set of downs that leads to a score. The ball was deep in OSU territory and a quick td. If he did not force this we would have won. A coach doesn't play on the field. Pryor makes mistakes by trying to force action. He tends to make the wrong judgement calls time to time. With a little support from the team they will be ok. Navy is better than you give credit of and look what Toledo did last week. Look where the kids come from, they are not only the best in Ohio but top in the nation. Browns and Bengals are paid millions and suck, always at the bottom. Bucks are always in the top and because we are not first we are terrible!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Case Keenum Discussions

Search the Case Keenum Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
UTEP's Sun Bowl Turns 50 (Sep '13) Dec '13 Wrong Way Driver 5
Raiders' Defensive End Houston a Disruptive Force (Nov '13) Nov '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 8
Have We Seen the Last of Matt Schaub in Houston? (Oct '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 8
UCLA has rare ranking in date with winless Houston (Sep '12) Sep '12 PEE PEE PETE 3
Best yet to come for Briles, Baylor (Jul '12) Jul '12 Ken 1
BCS bowl projections: LSU-Alabama rematch and O... (Nov '11) Dec '11 ART DECO MAN 82
Rick Neuheisel Fired: The Top 5 Candidates to R... (Nov '11) Nov '11 GKS68 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••