LSU beats Bama in battle of field goa...

LSU beats Bama in battle of field goals, 9-6 in OT

There are 75 comments on the Bradenton.com story from Nov 5, 2011, titled LSU beats Bama in battle of field goals, 9-6 in OT. In it, Bradenton.com reports that:

No. 1 LSU gained the inside track to the BCS title game, beating No. 2 Alabama 9-6 on Drew Alleman's 25-yard field goal in overtime after a fierce defensive struggle in which neither team reached the end zone Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bradenton.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jacob spinks

Apo, AE

#1 Nov 5, 2011
Our kicker beat us, not the our opponent
Community Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

#2 Nov 6, 2011
What an over hyped dud of a game; neither Alabama or LSU deserve their high ranking. They both don't have a decent passing game; Stanford is # 1.
Big Dan

Gainesville, FL

#3 Nov 6, 2011
SO exciting I fell asleep! 3 yard and a cloud of dust would have been more exciting!
big pimpin

Toledo, OH

#4 Nov 6, 2011
Big Dan wrote:
SO exciting I fell asleep! 3 yard and a cloud of dust would have been more exciting!
That's what a defensive game is very boring.
wrong lSP

Columbus, OH

#5 Nov 6, 2011
Jacob spinks wrote:
EXCUSE ME!!!!! If Our Offense would of gotten him closer to the End Zone he would of had a better try at making those Field goals. When he kicked & missed all those field goals, he was at his limits of how far he could kick a field goal. It was a GREAT GAME, until LSU's #7 Fore-armed that Bama player.
LSU Dude

Hammond, LA

#6 Nov 7, 2011
&fe ature=youtu.be

Go to 1:46 and watch the play in slow motion... the only thing Mathieu did wrong was grab the shoulder pad and spin Kilpatrick around. That was the holding call.

I think if Mathieu would have slowed down and not ran past Kilpatrick he would not have had the momentum to spin him around and there would not have been a foul.

It wasn't as bad a play as people are making it out to be. As for Kilpatricks injury... someone needs to throw a flag on the turf, because that is what injured him!
DrewC

Sulphur, LA

#7 Nov 7, 2011
Community Disorganizer wrote:
What an over hyped dud of a game; neither Alabama or LSU deserve their high ranking. They both don't have a decent passing game; Stanford is # 1.
Stanford would get crushed by either LSU or Bama. I hope they end up playing just so everyone can see. LSU's 2nd string defense would start at Stanford.
DrewC

Sulphur, LA

#8 Nov 7, 2011
Jacob spinks wrote:
No, the kicker can't be expected to punch 50 yarders. On the second attempt, Bama should have been punting for field position. Coaches fault. In overtime, you can't take sacks. Run the ball and kick field goal. Coaches fault.
wrong lSP

Columbus, OH

#9 Nov 8, 2011
DrewC wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the kicker can't be expected to punch 50 yarders. On the second attempt, Bama should have been punting for field position. Coaches fault. In overtime, you can't take sacks. Run the ball and kick field goal. Coaches fault.
If Our Offense would of gotten him closer to the End Zone he would of had a better try at making those Field goals. When he kicked & missed all those field goals, he was at his limits of how far he could kick a field goal.
wrong lSP

Columbus, OH

#10 Nov 8, 2011
LSU Dude wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =k5IGRxwDh_UXX&feature=you tu.be
Go to 1:46 and watch the play in slow motion... the only thing Mathieu did wrong was grab the shoulder pad and spin Kilpatrick around. That was the holding call.
I think if Mathieu would have slowed down and not ran past Kilpatrick he would not have had the momentum to spin him around and there would not have been a foul.
It wasn't as bad a play as people are making it out to be. As for Kilpatricks injury... someone needs to throw a flag on the turf, because that is what injured him!
I read & saw a video of the LSU vs WVA where TM7 stole the ball out of a WVA players arm after another LSU held him up, keeping the play alive until a WVA player tackled TM7.
joey

Livonia, LA

#11 Nov 8, 2011
wrong lSP wrote:
<quoted text>
If Our Offense would of gotten him closer to the End Zone he would of had a better try at making those Field goals. When he kicked & missed all those field goals, he was at his limits of how far he could kick a field goal.
has the thought come to you bama lost yards due to defense that pushed them back and made these field goal attempts longer?that sabin made these choices to kick them and not lsu?i respect sabin highly and still think hes the best coach in football but bama lost this one so stop your whining!

“TROJANS "OWN" L.A. FOOTBALL”

Since: Jul 10

San Marino, CA

#12 Nov 8, 2011
More thought comes to mind that the very good defenses of each team had their way because neither team a the quality of an NFL caliber QB. That is why even the East Coast media is saying that the USC vs Stanford game has been the game of the year so far. Triple OT and the two top QB picks for the NFL next year in the same game
wrong lSP

Columbus, OH

#13 Nov 8, 2011
joey wrote:
<quoted text>has the thought come to you bama lost yards due to defense that pushed them back and made these field goal attempts longer?that sabin made these choices to kick them and not lsu?i respect sabin highly and still think hes the best coach in football but bama lost this one so stop your whining!
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, nobody can kick a field goal if the yardage is more than the kicker can kick. NOBODY is whining, only you metioned any whining. Oh, the only reason your replying is because your a LSU fan! Hey it was a good game, someone had to win & someone had to lose, ENOUGH SAID!
wrong lSP

Columbus, OH

#14 Nov 8, 2011
joey wrote:
<quoted text>has the thought come to you bama lost yards due to defense that pushed them back and made these field goal attempts longer?that sabin made these choices to kick them and not lsu?i respect sabin highly and still think hes the best coach in football but bama lost this one so stop your whining!
Another thing, yes bama might of lost yardage, it could of been from LSU's defense holding them or pushing them back, it was bama's choice to try & kick those field goals.
DrewC

Sulphur, LA

#15 Nov 8, 2011
wrong lSP wrote:
<quoted text>
I read & saw a video of the LSU vs WVA where TM7 stole the ball out of a WVA players arm after another LSU held him up, keeping the play alive until a WVA player tackled TM7.
That's called football. Play until the whistle.
big pimpin

Toledo, OH

#16 Nov 8, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
More thought comes to mind that the very good defenses of each team had their way because neither team a the quality of an NFL caliber QB. That is why even the East Coast media is saying that the USC vs Stanford game has been the game of the year so far. Triple OT and the two top QB picks for the NFL next year in the same game
CT I have too agree with you on this one. That was the best game all year. The only reason they made it so big cause it was #1 and #2.
joey

Livonia, LA

#18 Nov 8, 2011
Chosen Traveler wrote:
dummb ass,this is college and not pro?do you want wins or stats?you think the barkley kid is great?no one gets to him but stanford showed that the few times they got after him he was just another wild eyed qb!given all day any qb is great?as far as what the east coast says ,who cares?losers flock together like birds of a feather!put barkley in the sec and he wouldnt have survived half a season!why do you think the sec has lost so many starting qbs this season?it came from playing each other in the sec and not playing pussies like you condoms play!
wrong lSP

Columbus, OH

#19 Nov 9, 2011
DrewC wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called football. Play until the whistle.
Only a LSU fan would say that. The WVA couldn't put his kneee down to end the play! Then was stripped of the ball by TM7 the THUG, the drug/pot guy who failed a drug test.
big pimpin

Toledo, OH

#20 Nov 9, 2011
wrong lSP wrote:
<quoted text>Only a LSU fan would say that. The WVA couldn't put his kneee down to end the play! Then was stripped of the ball by TM7 the THUG, the drug/pot guy who failed a drug test.
He didn't fail a drug test just rumors. The game is over so get over the lost and look forward. Do u go on other topics and cry like a little bitch cause WV lost? Damn son move on. Are is the it's cause it was LSU that beat WV that night?
Steve Tellers

United States

#21 Nov 9, 2011
DrewC wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, those kicks were too long to rely on to be made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cade Foster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College Football 2012: A Look at 6 Teams' Chanc... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Zac 5
News Bama's Shelley redeems kickers in LSU rematch (Jan '12) Jan '12 Matt from Columbus 1
News Bowl Projections: Why All-Sec BCS Title Game Is... (Nov '11) Dec '11 ART DECO MAN 39
News BCS Rankings 2011: Which Rematch Is Better - LS... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Debbie 1
News If Nick Saban can't win big home games, he need... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Coach Dave Wannstedt 2
News Tigers Take It! LSU Edges Alabama In Overtime (Nov '11) Nov '11 Trojanfarts 2
News Calhoun's Griffith says yes to Tide (Jan '11) May '11 trooper 2 13
More from around the web