NFL Draft: Don't shortchange this linebacker | The Columbus Dispatch

Brian Rolle says his performance on the field shows he plays bigger than his 5-foot-95/8 and 229-pound frame. Full Story
OSU Bytes

Toledo, OH

#1 Apr 28, 2011
If he's shortchanged maybe he could sell some things to the tattoo shop! Worked for other players no problem, it'll be dumped on the coach anyway!!
ark

Westerville, OH

#2 Apr 28, 2011
He was an average player at best in College , he wont make an impact as a Pro.
renold

Fort Myers, FL

#3 Apr 28, 2011
Anyone know what his degree is in?
Buck-fan

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 28, 2011
Wow - No love for the Rolle-man? He may or may not make it at the next level, but he was a great player at tOSU. I hope he gets the chance and proves he can make it. The guys played with fire and heart. Good luck to you Brian.
Rob Acherly

Columbus, OH

#5 Apr 28, 2011
London Fletcher, 5'10" in high heels and 245.

Rolle's size doesn't concern me, the fact that he was a mediocre LB would be the determining factor in where he goes. Sure, if he was 6'3 and 250 that might move him up some boards, but if he was 6'3 and 250, that would make him even more mediocre.

I Soooo wish TP entered this draft so we can cleanse our hands of him.
renold

Fort Myers, FL

#6 Apr 28, 2011
Rob Acherly wrote:
London Fletcher, 5'10" in high heels and 245.
Rolle's size doesn't concern me, the fact that he was a mediocre LB would be the determining factor in where he goes. Sure, if he was 6'3 and 250 that might move him up some boards, but if he was 6'3 and 250, that would make him even more mediocre.
I Soooo wish TP entered this draft so we can cleanse our hands of him.
The choice should not be his-the school should cleanse their hands of him.
OSUwinnningDuh

AOL

#7 Apr 28, 2011
Homan will go third round -- or higher. Count on it!
BlahBlahBlah

New York, NY

#8 Apr 28, 2011
The school should cleanse itself of the coach who recruited TP, and covered up for him first. Then flush TP (pun intended).
Rob Acherly

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 28, 2011
OSUwinnningDuh wrote:
If he does anything in the NFL I will be shocked, but I suppose its possible if he goes to the right team.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

#10 Apr 28, 2011
Rolle could be a guy that converts to a safety or play special teams in the NFL. No matter what, if he ends up doing either he will make a lot of money.
Blue_Ha_Ha

Toledo, OH

#11 Apr 28, 2011
I hope Cleveland gets Dane. Brian, too, for that matter.
Kevin

Fort Thomas, KY

#12 Apr 28, 2011
Brian Rolle is a player and will be successful in the NFL.
Rob Acherly

Columbus, OH

#13 Apr 28, 2011
Blue_Ha_Ha wrote:
I hope Cleveland gets Dane. Brian, too, for that matter.
After the Brian Robinskee pick, I doubt they will touch Dane in the first 3 rounds.

“Don't Tread On Me”

Since: Mar 11

Reynoldsburg, OH

#14 Apr 28, 2011
Todd McShay would have said the same thing about London Fletcher when Fletcher entered the NFL fourteen years ago. Fletcher has a super bowl ring. His stats? 5 ft 10 inches tall 235 pounds. I know someone who played with Fletcher that says London is closer to 5 foot 8 than 5 foot 10.

Rolle can do this thing. Best wishes to him.
bigin

Chillicothe, OH

#15 Apr 28, 2011
Needs to look at canada
Dandy Don

New Albany, OH

#16 Apr 28, 2011
OSUwinnningDuh wrote:
Homan might go that high but some team is going to be majorly disappointed. I have no idea what his 40 time is or how much he can bench press but the guy was just an average Big Ten linebacker. Doesn't have natural instincts which most previous OSU linebackers seem to have had. I hate to be negative about any Buckeye but that was just my opinion of him the past couple years. I wish him the best of luck though.
little sister

Chico, CA

#17 Apr 28, 2011
HEY ... have you noticed all the jewelry on the NFL draft show ??? Wow ... where did these dudes come up with the coin for this junk ??? Kinda reminds me of the guy whose chauffeur drove him in his Rolls Royce to his bankruptcy hearing ... gimme a break !!!
The Mayans were wizards

Pickerington, OH

#18 Apr 29, 2011
Hopefully Rolle can prove people wrong and stick around for a while when he gets his chance. Good Luck to him.
Rob Acherly

Columbus, OH

#19 Apr 29, 2011
Rolle was never deserving of the #36. That jersey should be retired.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brandon Saine Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BCS countdown: Ranking games from worst to first (Dec '11) Dec '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
47 Ohio State Players On Active NFL Rosters | W... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Matt from Columbus 16
Football: Undrafted Buckeyes sign with NFL team... (Jul '11) Aug '11 Bo - Woohdy Never... 45
Ex-Ohio State Players Sign NFL Free Agent Contr... (Jul '11) Aug '11 Matt from Columbus 12
OSU football | 'Inside the Beat': A #regular# s... (Nov '10) May '11 Firescot 25
Sanzenbacher still waiting (May '11) May '11 jcarter 1
NFL notebook: No Buckeyes chosen on draft's sec... (Apr '11) Apr '11 surf glen 17
More from around the web