USC Upholds Mitchell's Suspension

USC Upholds Mitchell's Suspension

There are 28 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Aug 26, 2007, titled USC Upholds Mitchell's Suspension. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

The University of South Carolina has decided to uphold quarterback Blake Mitchell's one game suspension, according to Athletic Director Erick Hyman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OICURMT

Florence, SC

#1 Aug 26, 2007
Well...what did you expect from a little trouble maker and what did he expect was gonna happen?... A "Get out of Jail Free" card? or let Daddy Steve get him out of trouble? What a LOSER and USC is full of them. HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!
tigerfan

Columbia, SC

#2 Aug 26, 2007
he dropped the class after the drop date and tried to pull some strings.
new tiger fan

United States

#3 Aug 26, 2007
OICURMT wrote:
Well...what did you expect from a little trouble maker and what did he expect was gonna happen?... A "Get out of Jail Free" card? or let Daddy Steve get him out of trouble? What a LOSER and USC is full of them. HAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!
Q: Four USC football players are riding in a car together. Who's driving?

A: The police.
tigerfan

Columbia, SC

#4 Aug 26, 2007
lol!!!
SCGamecocks90

Batesburg, SC

#5 Aug 26, 2007
u guys are idiots. Spurrier doesnt just give them a slap on the wrist like u loser tiger fans make it seem like. and those "losers" humiliated those loser tigers last season. at least we can kick field goals and our coach aint a little crybaby.
SCGamecocks90

Batesburg, SC

#6 Aug 26, 2007
and another thing...how come everytime theres an article about USC on here, y'all just HAVE to make comments. ill be willin to bet you're about 12-14 years old...maybe 15
locism

United States

#7 Aug 26, 2007
What an idiot. Anyone who has taken summer classes at college know you CAN'T skip class. If you do, your basically missing the entire week.
Scarolingguy

AOL

#8 Aug 26, 2007
aw,...poor baby
Zardoz

Florence, SC

#9 Aug 26, 2007
GOOD!!!!!!!

Let the whiny little beotch warm the bench all year.

“Country Girl”

Since: May 07

The real Boonedocks

#10 Aug 26, 2007
Maybe Coach Spurrier needs to start every practice with a statement of rules . I must attend class , I will abide by the law , and I will not do drugs and ect.
LMT

AOL

#11 Aug 26, 2007
locism wrote:
What an idiot. Anyone who has taken summer classes at college know you CAN'T skip class. If you do, your basically missing the entire week.
I was thinking along the same lines.
I remember taking summer classes. Any student would tell you that you needed to be in class unless you were half dead or worse because the term was so short.

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

United States

#12 Aug 27, 2007
LMT wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking along the same lines.
I remember taking summer classes. Any student would tell you that you needed to be in class unless you were half dead or worse because the term was so short.
Unless you're a Gamecock football player. Then the standard rules, laws & punishments do not apply to you.
Zardoz

Florence, SC

#13 Aug 27, 2007
Anyone else read in The State online about Blakie's Mommy & Daddy were so upset because no one called them about his missing classes?

Are they serious?

Blake is a big boy now. A Second year Senior. I think he is old enough to handle his own short comings.
Would she make comments like this to an NFL coach? Time to cut the apron strings Mom.
Tippy

Columbia, SC

#14 Aug 27, 2007
Zardoz wrote:
Anyone else read in The State online about Blakie's Mommy & Daddy were so upset because no one called them about his missing classes?
Are they serious?
Blake is a big boy now. A Second year Senior. I think he is old enough to handle his own short comings.
Would she make comments like this to an NFL coach? Time to cut the apron strings Mom.
Some "though love" is warranted here. No wonder this guy has a problem with accepting responsibility for his actions, the parents are still making excuses for HIS bad behavior. He has had one prior incident and now this, it is high time for him to "get his act together" .. Our daughter pulled a similar stunt years ago. We would never have thought of calling USC, we were too embarassed that we had not "finished our job" before sending her to college!! She got a good case of "get a job and pay your own extra tuition" costs not a lot of symathy from us. Try it Mitchells.. it might work wonders, it did for u1s
Janice

AOL

#15 Aug 27, 2007
Scarolingguy wrote:
aw,...poor baby
Are you refering to BLAKE as your "poor baby"?????????
Heather

AOL

#16 Aug 27, 2007
Honest One wrote:
Maybe Coach Spurrier needs to start every practice with a statement of rules . I must attend class , I will abide by the law , and I will not do drugs and ect.
i like that idea!
oburg

West Columbia, SC

#17 Aug 27, 2007
Might as well kick him off the team. He does not show any real talent anyway. Heck he should have been kicked off the team last year when he got arrested, but NO Spurrier could not do that because he would not have a quarterback and he would be losing. Shows what Spurrier cares about most, winning games.
Jim

Pawleys Island, SC

#18 Aug 27, 2007
Did you have to use a mug shot for this story? I am sure their are more picture in the files.

“I hate Fish...”

Since: Aug 07

Columbia, SC

#19 Aug 27, 2007
Honest One wrote:
Somehow I have the feeling that even that won't work. Maybe if they kept him locked in isolation until it's class time, practice time or game time Blake Mitchell would stay out of trouble.
Wyatt Earp

United States

#20 Aug 27, 2007
As dumb as he seems to be, I think he should quit football practices and go to as many classes as he can.It seems a lot of football players are lacking in sensible brainpower.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Wallace Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News USC football: Davis gets his time to shine (Aug '08) Aug '08 grayman 1
News USC - S.C. State Notes (Sep '07) Sep '07 britt 1
News Bobby Wallace Sidelined (Aug '07) Aug '07 Hallie 1
News Coach 'Em Up On And Off The Field (Aug '07) Aug '07 Jose 1
More from around the web