No. 1 LSU powers past No. 3 Arkansas, 41-17

Nov 25, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boston.com

LSU's Tyrann Mathieu returns a punt for a 92-yard for a touchdown during the second quarter of an NCAA college football game against Arkansas in Baton Rouge, La., Friday, Nov.

Comments
1 - 20 of 56 Comments Last updated Dec 17, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
FriendofDog

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2011

I'm sick about this today...
lefty

West Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2011

Can we just give the LSU tigers the championship now, cause nobody is going to beat them anyways.
big pimpin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2011

lefty wrote:
Can we just give the LSU tigers the championship now, cause nobody is going to beat them anyways.
Maybe the Tigers may get the respect they deserve now.
workhard

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2011

big pimpin wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the Tigers may get the respect they deserve now.
What respect were they lacking?
big pimpin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2011

workhard wrote:
<quoted text>What respect were they lacking?
All year long ESPN, collage game day crew and other announcer would keep saying that Bama, and Okla. State was better than LSU.
DrewC

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2011

They still don't get respect from many Pac-12 fans. How many freaking ranked teams do you have to beat in one year to get respect? Has ANY team ever played this many highly ranked opponents and swept them? I sure as heck can't remember any.
workhard

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2011

DrewC wrote:
They still don't get respect from many Pac-12 fans. How many freaking ranked teams do you have to beat in one year to get respect? Has ANY team ever played this many highly ranked opponents and swept them? I sure as heck can't remember any.
It's the PAC-12. Who gives a damn about them?

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

DrewC wrote:
> Ahh ... don't worry about what others think about the Bayou Bengals. Knowledgeable football people know LSU is the "Alpha CFB Team". First college football team to win two BCS NC Titles, and will be the first to win, three! Just relax, and enjoy the Fightin' Tigers fight to win their third BCS National Championship in the last eight years. That will be impressive!
>:)
laughing southpaw

Athens, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

DrewC wrote:
None till you play a bowl game away for once
All of your title games have been played in the pooper dome.
laughing southpaw

Athens, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Let's not kid ourselves arkansas is probly the most overrated college football program in america.
workhard

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

laughing southpaw wrote:
Let's not kid ourselves arkansas is probly the most overrated college football program in america.
See, that is no respect DrewC.
DrewC

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

laughing southpaw wrote:
<quoted text>None till you play a bowl game away for once
All of your title games have been played in the pooper dome.
LSU could play the NC game in Alaska in a blizzard and beat any all-star PAC-12 team you could assemble. It's more fitting, however to play in the land of football champions.

And as far as Arkansas being over-ranked, they lost to LSU and Bama. Know anybody else that played LSU and/or Bama and didn't lose? I don't think so.
big pimpin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2011

Judged:

workhard wrote:
<quoted text>See, that is no respect DrewC.
Her we go again a person from up north hating on teams from the south. Let me guess u will say LSU should not play in the BCS game cause it in New Orleans. LSU has beaten 3 ranked team in the top 5 this year, and we not going into the top 25. LSU did what they had to do to become 12-0 and will be in the BCS GAME. Alabama will more than likely will bs their also. They are the two best teams in the nation and will play for the crystal ball. Any team you put in a game against LSU or Alabama they would have there ass handed to them. Arkansas would even but a ass whippen on any team they would play. Sec national champs 6 in a row.
FriendofDog

Gresham, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Judged:

Arkansas is overrated? LOL That is too funny. Don't know what you've been smoking. The teams in the Pac-10 and Big 10 are the jokes. lol Frankly, I hope the powers that be DON'T try to replay the LSU-Bama game... I'd love to see LSU, Ark and 'Bama beat the stuffing out of some of the pansy teams from those conferences. lol Ya'll are just haters because the SEC has the best teams and you can't believe that a bunch of hillbillies and coon-asses can stomp your asses in the ground. lol Believe me- I hated for my Hogs to lose, but they got beat by the best teams, and not woosies from the PAC-10 or Big 10. lol Look at Tyler's stats and tell me again, how overrated the Hogs are. lol
laughing southpaw

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

DrewC wrote:
<quoted text>
LSU could play the NC game in Alaska in a blizzard and beat any all-star PAC-12 team you could assemble. It's more fitting, however to play in the land of football champions.
And as far as Arkansas being over-ranked, they lost to LSU and Bama. Know anybody else that played LSU and/or Bama and didn't lose? I don't think so.
yeah package 12 teams are warm blooded too. When Penn State ran all over you and so did Iowa I bet if those games where played in Cleveland or Chicago ole Bobby Boucher would have a tougher time.
laughing southpaw

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

FriendofDog wrote:
Arkansas is overrated? LOL That is too funny. Don't know what you've been smoking. The teams in the Pac-10 and Big 10 are the jokes. lol Frankly, I hope the powers that be DON'T try to replay the LSU-Bama game... I'd love to see LSU, Ark and 'Bama beat the stuffing out of some of the pansy teams from those conferences. lol Ya'll are just haters because the SEC has the best teams and you can't believe that a bunch of hillbillies and coon-asses can stomp your asses in the ground. lol Believe me- I hated for my Hogs to lose, but they got beat by the best teams, and not woosies from the PAC-10 or Big 10. lol Look at Tyler's stats and tell me again, how overrated the Hogs are. lol
West Vagina played better. Arkansas get shalacked by Alabama and Lsu and Im supposed to beloved they are better than Oregon, VT, or any other team in the top 15.
big pimpin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Judged:

laughing southpaw wrote:
<quoted text>yeah package 12 teams are warm blooded too. When Penn State ran all over you and so did Iowa I bet if those games where played in Cleveland or Chicago ole Bobby Boucher would have a tougher time.
This is a good comeback you beanhead. Yes LSU lost to Penn State what 2 years ago in that bowl game. And yes we lost to Iowa on a hail mary play at the end of the game years back. That was totally different teams than the tigers of this year. We talking about this years team that would give any team u put in front of then hell.

“Media Darling USC! BRAAHAHAHA!”

Since: Jan 07

I'm Blessed to Live In DIXIE!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

> You jealous bone brains from the Big-10 and Pac-12 just worry about your Heisman candidates. That's your best chance for winning anything in college football this year ... oops, my bad, Trent Richardson will win that. Wow, another Heisman Trophy for the SEC. BCS, Heisman, etc., etc.- Go figure!!!

The SEC - Your elite conference authority on championship, "Smash Mouth" college football!
DrewC

Lake Charles, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

laughing southpaw wrote:
<quoted text>West Vagina played better. Arkansas get shalacked by Alabama and Lsu and Im supposed to beloved they are better than Oregon, VT, or any other team in the top 15.
You need to lay off the crack pipe. Oregon got run over by LSU with our backup quarterback. If they played again today, Oregon would fare no better against LSU than Arkansas did.

“GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

I just think when LSU beats Georgia this Saturday they should be playing someone else for the NC. To prove it against another team from another conference. Certainly LSU is the rightful number one. But the main argument against a playoff is that "every game is a playoff in the season." If that is the case then Alabama is eliminated from the NC by losing to a superior LSU team on that day.
I have no doubt that Bama could have beaten LSU and the roles would be reversed. I'd be making the same argument in that case. But if you play a NC game and the other team wins, that proves ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about this years CFB season. In fact that makes the BCS even WORSE.
ART DECO MAN wrote:
> You jealous bone brains from the Big-10 and Pac-12 just worry about your Heisman candidates. That's your best chance for winning anything in college football this year ... oops, my bad, Trent Richardson will win that. Wow, another Heisman Trophy for the SEC. BCS, Heisman, etc., etc.- Go figure!!!
The SEC - Your elite conference authority on championship, "Smash Mouth" college football!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barkevious Mingo Discussions

Search the Barkevious Mingo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Browns draft LSU pass rusher Barkevious Mingo (Apr '13) Apr '13 WhatsMetaphysics 2
Saints get look at Tigers on LSU Pro Day (Mar '13) Mar '13 Derrell 1
New York Jets Draft Profile: DE Barkevious Mingo (Mar '13) Mar '13 Paul Blart 5
2013 NFL Mock Draft: Browns should take LSU out... (Feb '13) Feb '13 slong17 6
Oakland Raiders' Draft Target: Barkevious Mingo (Jan '13) Feb '13 Vin Tanner 4
LSU's mass exodus to draft continues (Jan '13) Jan '13 ART DECO MAN 4
2013 NFL Mock Draft Database (Jan '13) Jan '13 New NFL Draft 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••