Shareece Wright declared academically ineligible

Sep 1, 2009 Full story: Los Angeles Times

USC's secondary shuffle went from temporary to permanent on Monday after starting cornerback Shareece Wright was declared academically ineligible.

Full Story

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#1 Sep 1, 2009
If this was a few years ago, he would still be starting, since U$C is under investigation, they have to make it look like they are playing by the rules.

“FIGHT ON!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Welcome back, Sark!!!

#2 Sep 1, 2009
BigDan wrote:
If this was a few years ago, he would still be starting, since U$C is under investigation, they have to make it look like they are playing by the rules.
A few years ago there was a cat named Chauncey Washington who sat out TWO years for academic reasons. He came in to USC more highly regarded than his classmates, Reggie Bush and Lendale White, and even started ahead of them until he jacked his ankle up his freshman year. Your comment is invalid.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#3 Sep 1, 2009
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
A few years ago there was a cat named Chauncey Washington who sat out TWO years for academic reasons. He came in to USC more highly regarded than his classmates, Reggie Bush and Lendale White, and even started ahead of them until he jacked his ankle up his freshman year. Your comment is invalid.
his jacked up ankle is why he didn't play, not academics. You proved my point when you said he started ahead. Listen, there is nothing that you can say that will make me think that U$C runs a clean program so lets me (plus everyone else in the world not a U$C fan) and you just agree to disagree.

“FIGHT ON!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Welcome back, Sark!!!

#4 Sep 2, 2009
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
his jacked up ankle is why he didn't play, not academics. You proved my point when you said he started ahead. Listen, there is nothing that you can say that will make me think that U$C runs a clean program so lets me (plus everyone else in the world not a U$C fan) and you just agree to disagree.
The jacked up ankle was his freshman season. His sophomore and junior years he sat out for academic reasons. He even lost his scholarship. I was working at the financial aid office at the time and met this guy because he had to come up with a way to pay for school. I personally witnessed this guy get back on track academically and earn his scholarship back. I didn't know him before the drama, but the guy I met was a very humble guy who was embarrassed by the mistakes he had made. If the program was as dirty as you make it out to be, don't you think they would have found a way to make this guy eligible way back then, especially considering he was supposed to be better than both Bush and White and there was no NCAA scrutiny?

In case you don't believe me, here's his bio:
http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt...
or his Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauncey_Washing...
Both mention him sitting out two seasons for academic ineligibility.

Again, your comment is invalid.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#5 Sep 2, 2009
CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
The jacked up ankle was his freshman season. His sophomore and junior years he sat out for academic reasons. He even lost his scholarship. I was working at the financial aid office at the time and met this guy because he had to come up with a way to pay for school. I personally witnessed this guy get back on track academically and earn his scholarship back. I didn't know him before the drama, but the guy I met was a very humble guy who was embarrassed by the mistakes he had made. If the program was as dirty as you make it out to be, don't you think they would have found a way to make this guy eligible way back then, especially considering he was supposed to be better than both Bush and White and there was no NCAA scrutiny?
In case you don't believe me, here's his bio:
http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt...
or his Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauncey_Washing...
Both mention him sitting out two seasons for academic ineligibility.
Again, your comment is invalid.
All I can say is that I am glad that he wised up and got his life back on track.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Armond Armstead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
USC Recruiting: Is Lane Kiffin to Blame for Los... (Jan '12) Feb '12 Chosen Traveler 6
Reviewing the NCAA Sanctions on USC Football (Jan '12) Jan '12 tree hugger 1
USC loses top commitment (Oct '11) Oct '11 BigDan 2
USC football: DE Steve Dillon signs, finally (Mar '11) Mar '11 Pete_Carroll 8
Bradford answers bell for USC (Sep '10) Sep '10 Chosen Traveler 1
Trojans troubled by inconsistent play in victories (Sep '10) Sep '10 Chosen Traveler 1
Football Season is Underway! USC starts a new c... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Chosen Traveler 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Armond Armstead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••