Cincinnati 24, West Virginia 21: Bearcats stay unbeaten with he...

There are 5 comments on the Nov 14, 2009, Columbus Dispatch story titled Cincinnati 24, West Virginia 21: Bearcats stay unbeaten with he.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Far from perfect, No. 5 Cincinnati was good enough to stay unbeaten last night. Now the Bearcats can try to run the table with their senior quarterback throwing the ball.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

ima idiott

United States

#1 Nov 14, 2009
Cincinnati's second touchdown was not a touchdown but a fumble and the officials in the replay booth gave that game to the bearcats. Therefore, I question the validity of all games played throughout the history of college football. Unless a team won by more than 28 points I shall never think "The Best Team Won". Thos referees are paid off and no one can tell me differently. What a friggin joke.

From now on I will just go play golf by myself. I don't even want to play with anyone else because there's no telling what they are doing when I am not looking. I guess winning is everything as George Patton or some other idiot said.

Viva La France
Southern Buckeye

Stuart, FL

#2 Nov 14, 2009
ima idiott wrote:
Cincinnati's second touchdown was not a touchdown but a fumble and the officials in the replay booth gave that game to the bearcats. Therefore, I question the validity of all games played throughout the history of college football. Unless a team won by more than 28 points I shall never think "The Best Team Won". Thos referees are paid off and no one can tell me differently. What a friggin joke.
From now on I will just go play golf by myself. I don't even want to play with anyone else because there's no telling what they are doing when I am not looking. I guess winning is everything as George Patton or some other idiot said.
Viva La France
I agree to some extent that WVA got screwed. They played a corageous game. You can't beat the refs when they have the last and only say!!!
Buckeroo

Springboro, OH

#3 Nov 14, 2009
Wrong headline. Should have read: Cincinnati 24, West Virginia 21: Bearcats stay unbeaten with help from Big Least officials.

It is not surprising that to try to give some credibility to the remnants of what had been the Big East conference, the conference is going to do what it can to have a team at least mentioned in national title talks.

Was this a touchdown, it was close, but in my honest opinion I do not believe it was. Had it been called a touchdown on the field, there was probably not enough evidence to overturn it. There certainly was not indisputable evidence that it was a touchdown. Pretty apparent why it was overturned.
Naplescat

Bonita Springs, FL

#4 Nov 14, 2009
Southern Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree to some extent that WVA got screwed. They played a corageous game. You can't beat the refs when they have the last and only say!!!
Clearly,you are a product of THEEEE CITY COLLEGE OF COLUMBUS!!!YOU are courageous!!!!
Balzar Dragon

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Nov 14, 2009
Go U. Cincinnati! It's great to see. I support any Ohio team that is making a splash nationally.

Obviously Brian Kelly is Coach of the Year. U.C. had better improve their facilities or they are going to lose him.

Too bad Pike will be gone before we can see how well he'd do against the Buckeyes. No harm in a little in-state competition for a change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Armon Binns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2010 Cincinnati Football Predictions (Jul '10) Jul '10 Dave Harrison 1
News Bearcats steal three-star WR recruit Anthony Mc... (Feb '10) Feb '10 moneybagz 1
News Bearcats Top Pitt For Big East Title, BCS Berth... (Dec '09) Jan '10 Net Guru 17
News Ohio Teams Grab Two BCS Spots | Ohio News Now (Dec '09) Dec '09 Jack Flannigan 20
News Bearcats pounce on last chance | BuckeyeXtra (Dec '09) Dec '09 Boeckmanfan17 33
News Pike rallies No. 5 Cincinnati past Pitt 45-44 (Dec '09) Dec '09 BigDan 1
News Cincinnati 24, West Viginia 21 (Nov '09) Nov '09 Bill Longwell 1
More from around the web