PSU's Baker gets two years probation

PSU's Baker gets two years probation

There are 8 comments on the The York Daily Record story from May 16, 2008, titled PSU's Baker gets two years probation. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Penn State defensive tackle Chris Baker was sentenced to two years' probation Friday after entering guilty pleas in two cases involving two separate fights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Teaching A Lesson

Philadelphia, PA

#1 May 17, 2008
Another greaseball...he takes full responsibility...bull$hit. Just a big fat a$$ed lineman who thinks he can push anyone around. University Judicial Panel clears him of wrongdoing in the October fight. Really learned his lesson. Mr. Big Man on Campus was involved in TWO altercations. Coddle! Coddle! Coddle!
KMS

Northville, MI

#2 May 18, 2008
Kick his A$$ of the football team and force him to repay any scholarship money he received from the school. Just an other DUMBA$$ football player. Joe likes to protect his criminal players.
yellahammer

Harrisburg, PA

#3 May 18, 2008
Wow, sounds like KMS and Teaching A Lesson were always the last kid picked for kickball on the playground...
SAM

Northville, MI

#4 May 18, 2008
yellahammer wrote:
Wow, sounds like KMS and Teaching A Lesson were always the last kid picked for kickball on the playground...
No I am just tired of my tax money that is used for scholarships being wasted on criminals on a State funded school program.
John

AOL

#5 May 18, 2008
Just another case of scholarship athletes in high profile sports being above the law and getting special treatment!
Larry

West Chester, PA

#6 May 18, 2008
At least the University of Miami won when they had criminals on the field. Guess if you can't knock people around on the field better try doing it off the field.
Last on Kickball Team

Philadelphia, PA

#7 May 18, 2008
yellahammer, and you were an All-American Athlete at Penn State. And my few times being chosen LAST on the sandlot baseball team, with the thumbs methods of choosing players, made me work even harder. It carried over to later in life as working hard for what one receives. These supposed star athletes all too often receive special attention only because of their God given size/talent. Keep the playing field even. Yes, I love sports and ESPECIALLY those athletes that play within the law.
yellahammer

Harrisburg, PA

#8 May 20, 2008
Last on Kickball Team wrote:
yellahammer, and you were an All-American Athlete at Penn State. And my few times being chosen LAST on the sandlot baseball team, with the thumbs methods of choosing players, made me work even harder. It carried over to later in life as working hard for what one receives. These supposed star athletes all too often receive special attention only because of their God given size/talent. Keep the playing field even. Yes, I love sports and ESPECIALLY those athletes that play within the law.
No actually it was the University of Pittsburgh, I also was an Academic All-American. I made mostly the right choices, that's not to say there were a few times where I could have gotten in trouble for being young and stupid. We all were once. I just get fed up with people being persecuted becuase their mistakes get a little more media attention them someone elses who doesn't play sports. How many other non-athletes at Penn State do you think get into fights and other situations? Are you saying that student athletes should be held to a higher standard? You can't claim special treatement unless you know the facts of the outcome of school discipline on every other student involved in a fight or whatever else. They may be talented athletes, they are still just kids, I'm sure you weren't perfect either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthony Scirrotto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Paterno still considering hip surgery (Oct '08) Jan '16 Fart news 5
News COLLEGE FOOTBALL: We want to see Nittany Lions'... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Caleb 1
News Expect big things from small Devon Smith (Aug '09) Aug '09 haha 5
News Seip: 10-2 sounds right for these Nittany Lions (Aug '09) Aug '09 not surprised 5
News PSU's dream shattered (Nov '08) Mar '09 Penn State Fan 45
News Physical USC roughs up PSU (Jan '09) Jan '09 wow 4
News Penn State coach Joe Paterno looks toward the f... (Jan '09) Jan '09 BUCKEYE AND NOLE 18
More from around the web