'Canes learn lesson: Lose focus, you ...

'Canes learn lesson: Lose focus, you lose games

There are 16 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Nov 24, 2008, titled 'Canes learn lesson: Lose focus, you lose games. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Miami Hurricanes are beginning to realize with youth comes immaturity at times.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Since: Aug 08

AOL

#1 Nov 25, 2008
Throrughly embarrassing! That's how one can best describe the inialation UM experienced at the hands of GT on Thursday night. I stopped watching the game at halftime. Seeing the final score, I did MYSELF a big favor. What was THAT anyway? Dang. While I DO REALIZE this year's team is VERY young; I wonder what was or was NOT going through their heads. GT has a VERY talented team. How can ANY Cane NOT be mentally tough for a game of THIS calliber? Oh well, win or lose against NC State this week, this season is OVER, too. Thank God.
Republi_Cane

Broadview Heights, OH

#2 Nov 25, 2008
There is really no excuse for these Canes to lose focus. Any loss of focus lies on the shoulders of the Coaches and their inability to motivate and prepare the team. There is a popular story when Jimmy Johnson was with the Cowboys. I believe they finished the season 13-3 and were feeling good about themselves and were relaxing on the plane ride home when JJ exploded about their many mistakes during the previous game. Many players, including Troy Aikman, have said they did not like how Jimmy handled the situation, but that team was quickly refocused on the next game and went on to win the SuperBowl. Jimmy never had to tell reporters that his team got lax because he didn't let it happen. I am sad to say that while this team is better then last year (not saying much) Randy is over his head.
Guess Again

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Nov 25, 2008
Dear You,

Canes stink. Stop supporting them and support a real school (and team) like the Gators.

Chomp chomp,

Gator Gary
James

Zephyrhills, FL

#4 Nov 25, 2008
The Gator's ,who would want to support those bunch of criminal's ,Gary I hate to tell ya but your season is about to come to an abrupt end .As for the Canes it's all good ,Randy Shannon has got a lock down on the 305 and I believe when he get's through the Florida Gator's will be an after thought !!Go Canes Pound NC State!!!
David - Clearwater Fl

Melbourne, FL

#6 Nov 25, 2008
Have to agree with Republi_Cane, there's no reaosn why this team should lose focus goin into a game like that. Coaches can't allow that to happen. To be honest, I'm having a bit of a hard time believing that they did lose focus. That's how inconceivable it is that they could lose focus going into that game. Obviously I'm not in the lockeroom so I guess I have to take their word for it, but none of the reports going into the game gave any indication that focus was lacking. In fact, it seemed quite the opposite.
Cooper City Gator

Massapequa, NY

#7 Nov 26, 2008
James wrote:
The Gator's ,who would want to support those bunch of criminal's ,Gary I hate to tell ya but your season is about to come to an abrupt end **** As for the Canes it's all good ,Randy Shannon has got a lock down on the 305 and I believe when he get's through the Florida Gator's will be an after thought !!Go Canes Pound NC State!!!
The Gator season is not coming to an abrupt end. They may not be in the championship game but they WILL be in a major bowl, unlike scUM which is hoping to get into the Poulan Weedeater Bowl or the Chick-Fil-A bowl. All of these lesser bowls are worried that the usual scUM crowd that shows up at home games will come to their game, hardly anyone. There is lots of room available on the UM bandwagon. Go Gators!
van

Maxton, NC

#8 Nov 26, 2008
They didn't lose focus. That's just a poor and pathetic excuse. What they lost is their asss...as GT kicked it up and down the field. I'm a Cane fan and will continue to be one. I'm also happy to see that they are heading in the right direction and have a chance to be a great team in a year or two or three. But please. Cowboy up and stop making grade school excuses like "we just lost focus".
Pago Pago Trojan

Toledo, OH

#9 Nov 26, 2008
Have they ever found the guy who designed those goofy looking basketball bermuda type long shorts?!
Now the guy who designed the womens volleyball SHORTS....he did a good job!
Gayturd Hater

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#10 Nov 26, 2008
The headlines should have read: Inexperienced Canes team, with wideouts who can't catch a cold, no adequate QB's, a slow and tecniqueless OL. a defense that can't tackle even when it's in position and a coaching staff that would couldn't win at the high school level, beat a few mediocre and less than mediocre teams and all of a sudden thought they were the personification of the Canes Before Coach CaCa. If they didn't get the message in Atlanta, the downtrodden Wolfpack will set the l'l tykes straight.
Gayturd Hater

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#11 Nov 26, 2008
van wrote:
They didn't lose focus. That's just a poor and pathetic excuse. What they lost is their asss.**** as GT kicked it up and down the field. I'm a Cane fan and will continue to be one. I'm also happy to see that they are heading in the right direction and have a chance to be a great team in a year or two or three. But please. Cowboy up and stop making grade school excuses like "we just lost focus" ****
ROGER THAT!! LIL TYKES ALWAYS BLAME IT ON FOCUS.
Gatorcountry

Panama City Beach, FL

#12 Nov 26, 2008
The canes are a bunch of dumb ghetto turds like their coach, is it any wonder they play dumb....they are DUMB!
DA TRUTH

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#14 Nov 26, 2008
Republi_Cane wrote:
There is really no excuse for these Canes to lose focus. Any loss of focus lies on the shoulders of the Coaches and their inability to motivate and prepare the team. There is a popular story when Jimmy Johnson was with the Cowboys. I believe they finished the season 13-3 and were feeling good about themselves and were relaxing on the plane ride home when JJ exploded about their many mistakes during the previous game. Many players, including Troy Aikman, have said they did not like how Jimmy handled the situation, but that team was quickly refocused on the next game and went on to win the SuperBowl. Jimmy never had to tell reporters that his team got lax because he didn't let it happen. I am sad to say that while this team is better then last year (not saying much) Randy is over his head.
Randy Shannon is in waaaay over his head.
bill

Kenilworth, NJ

#15 Nov 26, 2008
Guess Again wrote:
Dear You,
Canes stink. Stop supporting them and support a real school (and team) like the Gators.
Chomp chomp,
Gator Gary
Take a walk punk ! Miami has won and lost more NC's the UiF and FSU put together.
Lucchi

Martinsville, VA

#16 Nov 28, 2008
Guess Again wrote:
Dear You,
Chomp chomp,
Gator Gary
As a Canes fan I must say that this weekend is a rare occasion where I want the Noles to win!!! I hope they chop your chomp.
Lucchi

Martinsville, VA

#17 Nov 28, 2008
Gatorcountry wrote:
The canes are a bunch of dumb ghetto turds like their coach, is it any wonder they play dumb.**** they are DUMB!
IGNORANCE!!!
Lucchi-Cooper City Cane

Martinsville, VA

#18 Nov 28, 2008
Cooper City Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gator season is not coming to an abrupt end. They may not be in the championship game but they WILL be in a major bowl, unlike scUM which is hoping to get into the Poulan Weedeater Bowl or the Chick-Fil-A bowl. All of these lesser bowls are worried that the usual scUM crowd that shows up at home games will come to their game, hardly anyone. There is lots of room available on the UM bandwagon. Go Gators!
Every Dog Has His Day!!! You can expect the Canes to be back in the BCS (Bullsh*t Championship Series) picture the next couple of years. You better hope that Tebow stays for his senior year... GO NOLES THIS WEEK AND ROLL TIDE NEXT WEEK!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthony Reddick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News different kind of pro day at um (Feb '09) May '09 BIZZELL 3
News NFL Draft is full of options at WR for Miami Do... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Syed Smith 2
News Shannon Owens: Miami Hurricanes are right in no... (Feb '09) Feb '09 mike 13
News 'Canes struggle at end but make great strides (Dec '08) Jan '09 george 44 20
News Season recap: Miami Hurricanes (7-6) (Dec '08) Dec '08 localsportsfan 3
News Young 'Canes learning to lead (Nov '08) Dec '08 Dennis M Mccullough 7
News A wreck at Tech (Nov '08) Nov '08 GATORALUM 155
More from around the web